Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-06-2017, 10:03 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-06-2017 03:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  ...people are emotionally exhausting.

Can't decide if this should be a bumper sticker or a new tattoo. Consider

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
17-06-2017, 01:11 PM
Yeah, so I was cleaning out the automatic pool cleaner filter bag today in hopes of finally getting the pool right and got some chlorine on my jeans. Though I immediately sprayed them off with the hose it appears I missed a little bit.

How many decades are we past the acid washed jeans look? Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
17-06-2017, 01:19 PM
I hate holiday weekends.

Truly I do. The stores are all jam-packed.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2017, 01:20 PM
(17-06-2017 03:54 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Turns out, other people are emotionally exhausting.

Why is keeping things small, low-key, and thus more intimate, just not a thing already? How have we all not seen enough reality TV about wedding planning from hell to make us all think long and hard before treading down that very same road? Unless you are literal royalty, or have enough disposable income to just pay someone else to do all of this shit for you, none of it seems worth the monumental effort.

In other words, I'll be dying alone with a cat, but at least I never put my best friends through this shit. Tongue
Amen EK, amen. And agreed, I'd prefer something cheap and low key if it ever happens and I don't join you as crazy cat man. Tongue And they've spent almost as much as one of them makes in a year on this wedding, putting it all aside...and then deciding to quit their jobs so they could move to their ideal part of the state to settle down, and then they'll get jobs, because Jesus will take care of it. Facepalm Well, so far neither has a teaching gig for Fall yet. Though bride has started an expensive private school graduate program.

(17-06-2017 05:06 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  "A toast to the whiniest bitch that I've ever known. A toast to the bride as well!"

Would rather deal with him actually, bride is worse. Facepalm She chewed out her brother, during winter when we all suit shopped, for being 3 minutes later than he texted he would be.

(17-06-2017 05:26 AM)Heath_Tierney Wrote:  
(16-06-2017 05:42 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Must not kill groomzilla. Must not kill groomzilla.

I effing hate weddings.

Unless it's a family member, I refuse to be involved in a wedding party. "Sorry, I have to re-arrange my sock drawer that day and then organize my Tupperware."

Last wedding I attended, all-told we were there for 9 fucking hours. And we left before midnight.

I personally want no part of it, and if my SO and I ever get married (unlikely) we'll do it with a Justice of the Peace somewhere without inflicting anything on our friends.

Good Lord...we better not be there for nine hours. Angry Though apparently I'm also driving them to the car rental place the day after the fucking wedding, so they can go on their honeymoon. Why neither of them can bring their car is beyond me. You are truly a wise man, and in the future, I will follow your lead on not saying 'yes' to being in anything. Tongue

(17-06-2017 09:31 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Yeah, someday if Rev and I get married (from the way we've talked, it'll probably happen eventually), we'll keep it low-key. Just me, him, and my army of hobos. Hobo Tongue

At least the hobos get to come to it. Wink Hobo But yeah, whatever is best for you two, sounds good Smile Unless you end up going big, inviting about 200-300 people, then force the Best Man to go through and comment on all 400+ items on the wedding registry.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-06-2017, 01:23 PM
Even the gas station was crowded.

For real! If everyone is leaving town why are stores so crowded? Dodgy

17-06-2017, 01:27 PM
I also feel like freaking porridge in this place - I'm either too hot or too cold and never just right Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-06-2017, 01:29 PM
(17-06-2017 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even the gas station was crowded.

Everyone is squeezing that last little bit of work out of Dad today before giving him a day off tomorrow.

Tongue
[+] 2 users Like pablo's post
17-06-2017, 01:42 PM
(17-06-2017 01:29 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(17-06-2017 01:23 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Even the gas station was crowded.

Everyone is squeezing that last little bit of work out of Dad today before giving him a day off tomorrow.

Tongue

We're going out to lunch and maybe somewhere else today.

Then, I guess the new plan is tomorrow to do the shopping at Costco and Trader Joe's.

I am not at all certain where else we have to get.

Blush

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-06-2017, 01:55 PM
(15-06-2017 07:38 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Ken Ham is right Sad Let's see if anyone falls for this...

As opposed to left or liberal?
Because you couldn't possibly expect anyone here to accept some other interpretation. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Omfg

We're never leaving the house.