Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-06-2017, 05:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Anyway, this is getting too gay for my liking lets change the subject.
How 'bout dat weather eh?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
23-06-2017, 10:01 PM
(23-06-2017 05:59 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Anyway, this is getting too gay for my liking lets change the subject.

That doesn't seem physically possible.

[Church tells about Sidewinder via flashback]

Church: Alright, well... one day when I was there, everything was just like normal. I remember I was out on patrol with my partner Jimmy. That Jimmy was a real good kid. Everybody liked him.

Tucker: Do you think I was a good kid, Church?

Church: Tucker, don't get jealous, man. Just listen to the story, okay? Like I said, guys were hanging around, waitin' for some action, bitchin' about the cold...

Soldier: Man, it's fuckin' cold. I hope we get some action.

Church: Anyway, Jimmy was in the middle of telling me all about this girlfriend he had back home.

Jimmy: Yep, soon as I get back, I'm gonna get down on one knee and ask her to marry me.

Church: And that's when Tex showed up. Private Mickey was the first to go. He was halfway across the base when all of a sudden, he just started screaming bloody murder.

Mickey: Bloody murder! Bloody murder!

Church: The whole thing was over before it even started. Poor Jimmy was the last one to go. Tex walked up to him, pulled Jimmy's skull right out of his head and beat him to death with it.

Tucker: Wait a second... how do you beat someone to death with their own skull? That doesn't seem physically possible.

Church: That's exactly what Jimmy kept screaming.

Jimmy: This doesn't seem physically possible! Hurrk... Blehhh

[End of flashback]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
23-06-2017, 10:03 PM
An artist buddy died. Thought he was getting better. Fuck.
23-06-2017, 10:40 PM
(23-06-2017 10:03 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  An artist buddy died. Thought he was getting better. Fuck.

I'm so sorry *hugs*

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
24-06-2017, 10:06 AM (This post was last modified: 24-06-2017 10:10 AM by Shai Hulud.)
Sorry Clockwork Hug

--

I am on so little sleep. Going into Friday I saw 5:00am before I stopped looking at my clock while laying there. Woke up before noon. Last night, went to bed at like 8pm, saw 12:08am before I stopped looking at the clock, then the people in the apartment above me decided it was non-quiet sex time with plenty of foreplay...and then got a wedding text at 6am*. Dude, every one of us needs sleep, I am not in your time zone, and every one of the groomsmen has a job (unlike you, who quit his). Then came in to continue class prep and...oh what's that? It's the two day Craft Show that happens once per year; so I'm not in the lot I pay to be, because a bunch of 70 year old women are...and if the Campus PD is feeling spiteful, I'll get a ticket for that, because I pay for a reserved spot, however, if I park outside that lot, my parking pass isn't good for the rest of the place, and I can get ticketed. Because our parking pass system makes no sense that I pay double for a reserved lot, but can get ticketed if I try to park anywhere else.

*Granted, partially my fault for forgetting to turn off the phone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-06-2017, 10:51 AM
(24-06-2017 10:06 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Sorry Clockwork Hug

--

I am on so little sleep. Going into Friday I saw 5:00am before I stopped looking at my clock while laying there. Woke up before noon. Last night, went to bed at like 8pm, saw 12:08am before I stopped looking at the clock, then the people in the apartment above me decided it was non-quiet sex time with plenty of foreplay...and then got a wedding text at 6am*. Dude, every one of us needs sleep, I am not in your time zone, and every one of the groomsmen has a job (unlike you, who quit his). Then came in to continue class prep and...oh what's that? It's the two day Craft Show that happens once per year; so I'm not in the lot I pay to be, because a bunch of 70 year old women are...and if the Campus PD is feeling spiteful, I'll get a ticket for that, because I pay for a reserved spot, however, if I park outside that lot, my parking pass isn't good for the rest of the place, and I can get ticketed. Because our parking pass system makes no sense that I pay double for a reserved lot, but can get ticketed if I try to park anywhere else.

*Granted, partially my fault for forgetting to turn off the phone.

Don't worry Shai, its a good thing, everyone knows sleep gives you cancer, Big Grin I absolutely never get more than 1.5 hours of sleep a night so I know how it feels and its been like that for 30 years, trust me you get used to it.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
24-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Was 100 degrees out when I got home from work yesterday...way too hot to get groceries. I am finally able to get out the door today to get some food in the house...it rained (hard) for about the last twelve hours. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
24-06-2017, 12:19 PM
My youngest son had his grade 6 graduation yesterday Thumbsup

In the church! Angry ... but that's a whole other rant that I will compose shortly... Dodgy

This heartfelt gesture goes out to some of the parents of the kids in his class...

[Image: shutterstock_16952602-335x412.jpg]

The school tried to do something nice and all you had to do is keep your fucking mouths shut.

About 2 weeks ago the school personally called the parents of the children that were going to win an award at the graduation to tell them that they would be winning something, and they told all the parents to keep it a secret because they wanted the kids to be surprised.

So... we didn't tell our son that he was going to win an award. But apparently most of the other parents did tell their kids that they had won something. I only found this out yesterday morning before the graduation when my son said that "the kids that were winning awards already knew, and that he was disappointed that he wasn't going to win something cause he thought he worked really hard and did really well this year (which he did).

Well you should have seen the shock on his face (and the face of his classmates) when they announced that he had won the Top award. I swear he wore a big grin Big Grin for the rest of the day.

So next time keep your fucking mouths shut...trust me it's worth it. Smile

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 8 users Like unsapien's post
24-06-2017, 01:11 PM
(24-06-2017 12:19 PM)unsapien Wrote:  My youngest son had his grade 6 graduation yesterday Thumbsup

In the church! Angry ... but that's a whole other rant that I will compose shortly... Dodgy

This heartfelt gesture goes out to some of the parents of the kids in his class...

[Image: shutterstock_16952602-335x412.jpg]

The school tried to do something nice and all you had to do is keep your fucking mouths shut.

About 2 weeks ago the school personally called the parents of the children that were going to win an award at the graduation to tell them that they would be winning something, and they told all the parents to keep it a secret because they wanted the kids to be surprised.

So... we didn't tell our son that he was going to win an award. But apparently most of the other parents did tell their kids that they had won something. I only found this out yesterday morning before the graduation when my son said that "the kids that were winning awards already knew, and that he was disappointed that he wasn't going to win something cause he thought he worked really hard and did really well this year (which he did).

Well you should have seen the shock on his face (and the face of his classmates) when they announced that he had won the Top award. I swear he wore a big grin Big Grin for the rest of the day.

So next time keep your fucking mouths shut...trust me it's worth it. Smile

Congrats to your son! Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 4 users Like Anjele's post
24-06-2017, 01:54 PM
Sooo....where to start?

My son's grade 6 graduation was in a church, which right off the bat is...pretty fucking stupid! Angry

I realize that this is a catholic school board...but there are Christians in the school that aren't catholic, and there is a Buddhist and a Muslim in the grade 6 graduating class and who knows what else in the rest of the school that was also forced to watch the mass in the church before the graduation which was also in the church...

Now there is a provincial regulation that says that anyone can "opt out" of the catholic bullshit part of the curriculum, but what exactly were these kids supposed to do? Opt-out of their grad ceremony? The church is across from the school, if they wanted to be culturally sensitive they could have held the mass at 9am in the church for the Catholics... and then met up with the rest of the school at 10am in the school gym.

...as for the mass itself, it's the same fucking shit every time, everybody reads from a script put up on a projector cause neither the kids, teachers, or priest give enough of a fuck about the word of god to memorize anything.

...as for the mini "pep talk" in every mass that the priest has to come up with himself this one was horrible I was embarrassed by it!. The priest told the kids to pray to god to forgive them of the their sins of NOT TRYING THEIR HARDEST TO DO WELL IN THEIR SCHOOL STUDIES! AngryCensored And then proceeded to tell them "...that all god wants them to do is love everyone and to love god..."
...but more then that... "...god doesn't ask you to love him...he doesn't suggest that you love him...he commands you to love him with all your heart and soul!"

HE FUCKING COMMANDS IT!
Angry

That's not even just stupid, it's goddamned impossible.

After that point I'd just had it pretending to respect this shit, and I stopped with the standing & sitting shit that never seems to end and I just sat down & stayed seated. My wife didn't seem to care but I heard a few people whisper behind me that I wasn't standing when I was told to but I had no more fucks left to give.

The actual grad ceremony was nice and normal & I enjoyed it.

oh yeah and there's some song about Hosanna being really, really high...the highest in fact that you can apparently get. I was really wishing I was getting high with her by that point... Tongue

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard