Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-06-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: Ranting corner
I've got a lot of purses, but I'll admit they're all old -- and I'll never probably use them again. I've got one purse I've been using for the past 5 years. I've got a couple others for nicer occasions, like going out to do fancy things back when we had fancy friends to do fancy things with.

Yeah those are fairly dusty. Dodgy

My standard is, buy one purse I really freaking like and use it until it falls apart. My last purchase was now 5 years ago, still looks like new. It's a Coach purse, I got at the outlet for $45 bucks. However that said, if I get a decade of use out of it, I'd totally consider paying full price for my next one. Shit..so far it's out performed four pairs of shoes.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-06-2017, 05:08 PM
On the note of FB selling stuff...I have a friend who is in so many multi-level-marketing schemes. Every single post is about Thrive, It Works, or...I forget the other.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
25-06-2017, 05:28 PM
(25-06-2017 05:08 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  On the note of FB selling stuff...I have a friend who is in so many multi-level-marketing schemes. Every single post is about Thrive, It Works, or...I forget the other.

I've got two friends selling Norwax, another three friends selling Younique makeup. Another two selling beach body, thrive and young living essential oils One friend sells skinny at home...

Another two friends sell leggings -- which I don't understand..LaRue (? I think).

4 friends have tried to add me to groups that sell that snap crap...

Two more friends sell some candle shit, one friend sells healing crystals and white magik crap (I'll admit some of her shit is freaking gorgeous -- woo aside).

One person I later unfriended sold Thrive and anything that was prepper related...they were all sorts of nuts. (They took pictures of their kid with violence isssies and on the ASD spectrum, firing a gun and I was done). Not to mention all their religious and political crap.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
25-06-2017, 05:31 PM
(25-06-2017 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got a lot of purses, but I'll admit they're all old -- and I'll never probably use them again. I've got one purse I've been using for the past 5 years. I've got a couple others for nicer occasions, like going out to do fancy things back when we had fancy friends to do fancy things with.

My standard is, buy one purse I really freaking like and use it until it falls apart. My last purchase was now 5 years ago, still looks like new. It's a Coach purse, I got at the outlet for $45 bucks. However that said, if I get a decade of use out of it, I'd totally consider paying full price for my next one. Shit..so far it's out performed four pairs of shoes.

I had a purse I absolutely loved and got a lot of compliments on. It was 40 bucks at a local store and made of real leather. I carried it about 4 years and it was worn out. I spent a year, at least, looking for the same one on the mfg site, Amazon, ebay...you name it, with no luck. I bought another on from the same manufacturer though a different style and it was looking like crap in a matter of weeks. Pissed me off. I found one on Amazon that I thought I might like and, as it turns out, I like it nearly as much as the one I couldn't replace. It was also in the 40 dollar range.

I have an ancient small black one for special occasions that has lasted about 30 years which gives you an idea of how much it's been used.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
25-06-2017, 05:42 PM
(25-06-2017 05:31 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 04:59 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've got a lot of purses, but I'll admit they're all old -- and I'll never probably use them again. I've got one purse I've been using for the past 5 years. I've got a couple others for nicer occasions, like going out to do fancy things back when we had fancy friends to do fancy things with.

I had a purse I absolutely loved and got a lot of compliments on. It was 40 bucks at a local store and made of real leather. I carried it about 4 years and it was worn out. I spent a year, at least, looking for the same one on the mfg site, Amazon, ebay...you name it, with no luck. I bought another on from the same manufacturer though a different style and it was looking like crap in a matter of weeks. Pissed me off. I found one on Amazon that I thought I might like and, as it turns out, I like it nearly as much as the one I couldn't replace. It was also in the 40 dollar range.

I have an ancient small black one for special occasions that has lasted about 30 years which gives you an idea of how much it's been used.

I haven't bought a new purse in 5 years. Before that I'd be buying a new one at least once a year. They all look like crap. Laugh out load

My mother in law had 80 purses and yeah she was one to change them all the time. So all had to throughly gone through for money.

I did keep one or two of the nicer ones, but I really don't know why I did.

25-06-2017, 06:12 PM
My wife buys purses she likes and then wears them out, as well. She has one for going out, and then one for every day use. She also was in that candle crap for awhile (not selling, just a ton of buying). We have a bureau full of candles. If I had to guess it cost about $400 for all those candles. Talk about setting fire to your money. Dodgy
25-06-2017, 06:28 PM
(25-06-2017 06:12 PM)Fireball Wrote:  My wife buys purses she likes and then wears them out, as well. She has one for going out, and then one for every day use. She also was in that candle crap for awhile (not selling, just a ton of buying). We have a bureau full of candles. If I had to guess it cost about $400 for all those candles. Talk about setting fire to your money. Dodgy

I used to buy and burn a lot of candles but switched to the wax melt things some years ago. Scentsy lost my business when they stopped selling my favorite scent. Dodgy

I do have to say though that I have never found another brand that holds it's scent as long as Scentsy does. My boycott remains however.

The biggest reason for the switch to wax melts is that candles usually had their place in the pass through window from the kitchen to the living room. When I got the cat, and he got big enough, he found that to be a dandy shortcut. I wasn't looking forward to the aroma of smoldering cat so out went the candles. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

25-06-2017, 07:05 PM
I can't do scented candles

25-06-2017, 07:17 PM
(25-06-2017 07:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can't do scented candles

Me either! I'm willing to bet that the scent has gone out of those things. They've been in there for years. I don't smell them any more when I walk by the bureau (which is right by the front door). I'd much rather leave a window open to air out a stench, and use an LED flashlight to see with. Candles aren't all that healthy to burn in the house, anyway (not including the fire factor).
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
25-06-2017, 07:32 PM
(25-06-2017 07:17 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 07:05 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I can't do scented candles

Me either! I'm willing to bet that the scent has gone out of those things. They've been in there for years. I don't smell them any more when I walk by the bureau (which is right by the front door). I'd much rather leave a window open to air out a stench, and use an LED flashlight to see with. Candles aren't all that healthy to burn in the house, anyway (not including the fire factor).

I am the first one to want to open windows in the house and the last one to want them closed, allergies be damned. However...multiple 80 plus degree days means it's only possible for a short amount of time each year. Undecided