Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
26-06-2017, 01:18 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-06-2017 08:39 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 11:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  There are some that aren't bad...but...overall I'm not a fan. I generally avoid stinky stuff...like those glade plugins and crap like that.

I actually enjoy incense, we have some right now called Dragons Blood (Because I am a fucking edgelord thank you) that makes the place smell like an exotic spice market. It's nice every now and again.

There was one years ago, the man used to buy that reminded me of this spice place in Chinatown.

I'll admit it was one of the few I completely tolerated.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
26-06-2017, 01:23 PM
(26-06-2017 04:55 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I actually fucking hate myself for it. It's like, he's not on League of Legends for one fucking day and I'm all "where the fuck is he? has he blocked me? am I total trash that he couldn't spend 30 minutes playing a fucking computer game with me?" and then the next day he logs on, saying he logged on to have a quick game and just say hello to me and we're laughing and joking on Discord and it's like a complete reset on yesterday's feelings of self-loathing and inadequacy. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND HOW THE FUCK DO PEOPLE DO THIS!?

Like seriously, if you've known me in real life I'm a very emotionally dead person (I probably come across that way on here a little bit at times I'm sure). Do you know how much junk food I've had in the last week? NONE! Not even a glass of fucking vanilla coke! I HAVEN'T HAD VANILLA COKE IN A WEEK! Why? because I wanna better myself or some fucking gay shit I dunno. Fuck feelings, fuck you all, it's all fucked, everything can fuck off and die. My life was mildly content before all this and especially the last week or so as I get closer to my goal. I had it easy, I had one focus, no distraction the only thing getting in my way was a complete and utter lack of motivation, which I was content with mildly because I wasn't motivated enough to care. FUCK IT ALL! I'm twenty fucking six, why did my brain decide to switch the emotional part of my brain on now?? This is shit you're supposed to suffer through as a teenager.

[Image: b31.jpg]

It's all fucked.

OH, on the upside, he did suggest a TV show to watch so of course I'm gonna watch it. Solves my "nothing left to watch" dilemma.

Sounds like you're in serious "like." Infatuation happens.

Tread lightly...keep your expectations low.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

26-06-2017, 07:26 PM
(25-06-2017 11:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(25-06-2017 08:59 PM)Born Again Pagan Wrote:  What I hate is incense. The people that burn it and one has to breathe the smoke of it in the air I ask you is this smoke any better than breathing the smoke of someone smoking a cigarette?

There are some that aren't bad...but...overall I'm not a fan. I generally avoid stinky stuff...like those glade plugins and crap like that.

Our office windows don't open by design, and so the offices get incredibly stuff. They make us keep crap like Glade Plugins in our offices. Sad

It's probably best the windows don't open, faculty have committed suicide at this place before. Sad Like Anthropology has this wall of Homo skulls stretching back throughout the evolutionary process, and right next to it is a waist high fence thing, then an open air area going four floors down to the ground level. Someone from math, the year before I started here, hurled himself over the fence thing with his suicide note pinned to him.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2017, 10:37 AM
So I'm on this berevement forum and there's this thread titled is there an afterlife and there's this guy banging on about mediums and spiritualism which is my hot button so I responded with the usual things such as interruption of the grieving process etc etc and this is his response........
-------------------------
I have read in a previous post , that you say you are an Atheist, therefore, have no belief in any faith. I find it strange then, that you condemn other people's beliefs and faiths, when you have none of your own. How does the saying go " Practice what you preach " so I don't see that you have anything to preach, as you have no faith. So leave other people to their own faiths and their own beliefs
-----------------------------------------
So there you have it folks, as atheists without a belief system we disqualify ourselves from the right to comment about matters of faith. Angry
I replied to the effect that I don't do drugs and does that mean I cannot have an opinion on drug use etc.
Its interesting to note that of all the faith/woo believing groups I've encountered spiritualists and psychic users/believers are always the most aggressive and defensive and always the least able to take any criticism of their belief system, I wonder why that is ? I'd love to know, ideas anyone ?
[+] 4 users Like adey67's post
27-06-2017, 01:00 PM
(27-06-2017 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Its interesting to note that of all the faith/woo believing groups I've encountered spiritualists and psychic users/believers are always the most aggressive and defensive and always the least able to take any criticism of their belief system, I wonder why that is ? I'd love to know, ideas anyone ?

They've likely heard all the criticisms before, but still can't process them logically because their desire to believe is a higher priority for them (for whatever reason).

People are nothing if not selectively focussed.
27-06-2017, 04:08 PM
(27-06-2017 10:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  So there you have it folks, as atheists without a belief system we disqualify ourselves from the right to comment about matters of faith. Angry
I've heard that way too often. Because we're not Christian, we shouldn't criticize Christianity. We're not Muslim, so we can't criticize Islam. We're not Wiccan, so we can't criticize Wicca. Same for Buddhism, and so on. Yes, I've heard those and more.

The shitheaded idea is that because we're not ensconced in it, we can't really understand, or that we're "not allowed." However, they're allowed to criticize other faiths and belief systems. Apparently unless you believe in sky daddies and mommies or invisible shit stirrers you can't because reasons.

Just another pile of bullshit that I'm frankly so fucking tired of.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
27-06-2017, 04:17 PM
(19-05-2017 05:48 PM)Vera Wrote:  Also, what's up with (usually) men sitting next to you on buses and planes in such a way, that they take up half of your seat, either with their arms and/or elbows or their legs, which are spread so wide, it's like, who do you think you are down there, freaking Red Rum? Bucephalus? You're not alone, you jerk. I don't think I'm an especially big person, so if I have to huddle in the corner, literally hugging myself, chances are, you are encroaching on my personal space, you jerk, and keep your freaking elbows and other extremities to yourself Angry

Manspreading, that's what's up, apparently (if you'll pardon me talking to myself) Dodgy

[Image: giphy.gif]

Though this reminds me of this hilarousness [Image: hehe.gif]

[Image: CZZ9lLtWYAAX21g.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
27-06-2017, 05:03 PM
Did I really need a photo of myself at age two with one of mom's infamously horrid haircuts? Facepalm Yeesh! Since it will probably be my only birthday 'gift' I suppose I should be thankful. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
27-06-2017, 10:04 PM
Fuck it. Plain and simple. Fuck it.
28-06-2017, 12:08 AM
Maybe I should go into work tonight on my way to the grocery store and ask him if he wants to grab some lunch tomorrow. Is that too forward? Maybe I'm being too pushy? Do guys even do that? ask other guys to lunch? that seems a little gay to me.Maybe I should just wait till next week when I'm back at work, I'll see him then, we walk home together maybe it'll come across as a spur of the moment natural thing rather than me going out of my way to find him at work to ask him t lunch. Like we're walking along and just a "hey you wanna grab some lunch tomorrow?" seems more natural and less... gay.. than going in to see him at work and be like "just stopped by to ask if you wanna grab some lunch tomorrow". OR maybe I just wait till the 26th of August and ask if he wants to watch the Mayweather v McGregor fight. But that's like 2 months away. I'd ask him to come watch the election results but that's not till like November. Plus he might have another job by than, time being of the essence and all. I miiight see him Saturday morning, he's doing stocktake and he's on nights and I'm on days, so there's this point where he finishes and I start. BUT that's reliant on stocktake running late. Not even to begin of how does "hey wanna grab lunch" come up as a conversation in that 2 minute window of him walking out the door me walking in at 6am. There's always the obvious answer that I just ask him when I see him on League of Legends next and that would be the least awkward way to do it, talking on microphones and all, avoids the whole social face to face interaction part. Though still not as natural as just walking home from work together. I also have a red bull and I don't drink red bull but I know he does, so like if I was to go in now do I give it to him or would I wait to see if he wants to grab lunch tomorrow and give it to him than. This is all excluding the fact that he could, and very likely will because lets be honest here, it's me, say no. So than it's like what if he says no did I just fuck everything and make an awkward situation between us forcing me to leave town, change my name etc.. Hell, what if it's even worse and he says yes?? Than what the fuck do I do? Than I actually have to go to lunch with him, that would be a fucking disaster because I sure as shit would fuck that up. Maybe I just shouldn't say anything. But again time is of the essence if I say nothing nothing will happen. So than it's like, is it better to do than do nothing? but maybe if by doing I fuck it up so bad that doing nothing would have been a far better option. Zero is better than negative ten.

[Image: oscar.png]