Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
28-06-2017, 07:15 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Muffsy got me cruising down memory lane... I listened to a song in the car this morning that I used to play a lot when Rev and I were first in love! Lots of happy memories. Heart

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2017, 07:15 AM
And yes, I know this is the Ranting Corner! Hobo Big Grin

28-06-2017, 07:42 AM
(28-06-2017 12:08 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Maybe I should go into work tonight on my way to the grocery store and ask him if he wants to grab some lunch tomorrow. Is that too forward? Maybe I'm being too pushy? Do guys even do that? ask other guys to lunch? that seems a little gay to me.Maybe I should just wait till next week when I'm back at work, I'll see him then, we walk home together maybe it'll come across as a spur of the moment natural thing rather than me going out of my way to find him at work to ask him t lunch. Like we're walking along and just a "hey you wanna grab some lunch tomorrow?" seems more natural and less... gay.. than going in to see him at work and be like "just stopped by to ask if you wanna grab some lunch tomorrow". OR maybe I just wait till the 26th of August and ask if he wants to watch the Mayweather v McGregor fight. But that's like 2 months away. I'd ask him to come watch the election results but that's not till like November. Plus he might have another job by than, time being of the essence and all. I miiight see him Saturday morning, he's doing stocktake and he's on nights and I'm on days, so there's this point where he finishes and I start. BUT that's reliant on stocktake running late. Not even to begin of how does "hey wanna grab lunch" come up as a conversation in that 2 minute window of him walking out the door me walking in at 6am. There's always the obvious answer that I just ask him when I see him on League of Legends next and that would be the least awkward way to do it, talking on microphones and all, avoids the whole social face to face interaction part. Though still not as natural as just walking home from work together. I also have a red bull and I don't drink red bull but I know he does, so like if I was to go in now do I give it to him or would I wait to see if he wants to grab lunch tomorrow and give it to him than. This is all excluding the fact that he could, and very likely will because lets be honest here, it's me, say no. So than it's like what if he says no did I just fuck everything and make an awkward situation between us forcing me to leave town, change my name etc.. Hell, what if it's even worse and he says yes?? Than what the fuck do I do? Than I actually have to go to lunch with him, that would be a fucking disaster because I sure as shit would fuck that up. Maybe I just shouldn't say anything. But again time is of the essence if I say nothing nothing will happen. So than it's like, is it better to do than do nothing? but maybe if by doing I fuck it up so bad that doing nothing would have been a far better option. Zero is better than negative ten.

Guys I know do ask other guys to grab a bite to eat. I like the walking home from work together and asking him then idea. Imo, if you are interested in someone, I think it's nicer to do it face to face if you are able to.

And yes, you definitely should ask him. Besides, it won't be awkward if he says no, you just asked him to lunch. If he says no, he says no. But you definitely should ask him and that way you know. Otherwise, you'll be kicking yourself that you didn't find out one way or the other. But from the way you talk about how things are progressing in your posts between the two of you, it does sound like he's interested in at least being close friends. And who knows maybe he's interested in more. But you won't know unless you take that leap.

Just keep lunch casual and just act the way you normally act around each other. Don't feel like you have to act differently because you're on a date. If he said yes to lunch, he likes you the way you are. No need to change things around now just because you slap a date label on things. Good luck with everything. Let us know how it all turns out Smile
28-06-2017, 08:32 AM
Posted in another thread in the gaming area, but applies here.

We had a minor power surge recently at the house, and both my xbox 1 and Nintendo 64 have blown up. Changed the fuses, but looks like that's not it, and the insides have been fried! Boo-urns indeed!

I might have an old GameCube in the cupboard somewhere, but looks like I'll be without a console for a little while

As a final kick in the teeth, I had a spare blu ray player I could plug in...but we have lost the remote to it. It has a "play" button, which works on some movies, but movies that have like dynamic menus that have animations and stuff, it doesn't do anything with. GARBAGE.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-06-2017, 09:15 AM
(28-06-2017 08:32 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As a final kick in the teeth, I had a spare blu ray player I could plug in...but we have lost the remote to it. It has a "play" button, which works on some movies, but movies that have like dynamic menus that have animations and stuff, it doesn't do anything with. GARBAGE.
If you have a smartphone with an infrared emitter (for example Galaxy S3 and S4) you can download an app which turns your phone into a remote control.

Alternatively, if you can connect your player to your home network (WiFi or cable), there will be apps for your smartphone to control your player. You probably willhave to switch on the player manually, though, unless it has a WOL (Wake-on-LAN) feature.
[+] 1 user Likes DunkleSeele's post
28-06-2017, 09:25 AM
(28-06-2017 09:15 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 08:32 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  As a final kick in the teeth, I had a spare blu ray player I could plug in...but we have lost the remote to it. It has a "play" button, which works on some movies, but movies that have like dynamic menus that have animations and stuff, it doesn't do anything with. GARBAGE.
If you have a smartphone with an infrared emitter (for example Galaxy S3 and S4) you can download an app which turns your phone into a remote control.

Alternatively, if you can connect your player to your home network (WiFi or cable), there will be apps for your smartphone to control your player. You probably willhave to switch on the player manually, though, unless it has a WOL (Wake-on-LAN) feature.
Yeah...I can't do either of those.

My phone doesn't have an emitter, although there is an IP control app that will work over wifi. The problem is it's an old blu ray player that needs an attachment to connect to the wifi, which I don't have lol. I can run a cable from the router to the blu ray player, but it's a long distance and I have nowhere to "hide" the cable and it'd look stupid.

*Hopfully* I get a bonus from work soon, and if that is the case...I'll get a new Xbox One lol.

Having problems with your computer? Visit the Free Tech Support thread for help!
28-06-2017, 09:29 AM
(28-06-2017 09:25 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 09:15 AM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  If you have a smartphone with an infrared emitter (for example Galaxy S3 and S4) you can download an app which turns your phone into a remote control.

Yeah...I can't do either of those.

My phone doesn't have an emitter, although there is an IP control app that will work over wifi. The problem is it's an old blu ray player that needs an attachment to connect to the wifi, which I don't have lol. I can run a cable from the router to the blu ray player, but it's a long distance and I have nowhere to "hide" the cable and it'd look stupid.

*Hopfully* I get a bonus from work soon, and if that is the case...I'll get a new Xbox One lol.

You could run a LAN extender from the router to the player; you know, those adapters which use the electrical cabling in your home to transfer a LAN signal between two points.

EDIT:or find on ebay an old, second-hand galaxy S3 mini. It shouldn't cost you more than 20 or 30 GBP.
28-06-2017, 07:42 PM
Quote:Just keep lunch casual and just act the way you normally act around each other.

Are you fucking mental? Tongue Act like I normally do? sit there awkwardly and stew in my own anxiety of being in a social situation?
I'm sure DLJ can attest to this. Tongue

The issue is, I'm so different at work. Work for me is a workplace environment and so, I dunno, I just act differently, I'm friendly and talkative, my customer service is fantastic etc.. I can talk to work colleagues about stupid shit I don't give a fuck about like their fucking stupid children. No problem chatting to new staff members or bossing people around etc.. Hell, I got no problem talking to the boss about work related issues, everyone else seems to be terrified to talk to the boss.
But as soon as I'm outside that work environment it's like the book slams firmly shut. Work: Fine, fully functional likable human being. Outside work: Loner, introvert, anti-social, social anxiety. At least if I was one consistently it wouldn't seem fucking weird to people that have only seen one and then suddenly see the other. It's fucking weird and it makes life so fucking difficult at times, especially when you're being outside-work-Muffs and you fuck something up that you KNOW work-muffs would have easily not fucked up. It can be incredibly frustrating. Like beating a boss in a game on the first time and then failing to do it again like 20 times in a row, you know you can do it, ya just fucking can't.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
28-06-2017, 08:04 PM
(28-06-2017 07:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:Just keep lunch casual and just act the way you normally act around each other.

Are you fucking mental? Tongue Act like I normally do? sit there awkwardly and stew in my own anxiety of being in a social situation?

The issue is, I'm so different at work. Work for me is a workplace environment and so, I dunno, I just act differently, I'm friendly and talkative, my customer service is fantastic etc.. I can talk to work colleagues about stupid shit I don't give a fuck about like their fucking stupid children. No problem chatting to new staff members or bossing people around etc.. Hell, I got no problem talking to the boss about work related issues, everyone else seems to be terrified to talk to the boss.
But as soon as I'm outside that work environment it's like the book slams firmly shut. Work: Fine, fully functional likable human being. Outside work: Loner, introvert, anti-social, social anxiety. At least if I was one consistently it wouldn't seem fucking weird to people that have only seen one and then suddenly see the other. It's fucking weird and it makes life so fucking difficult at times, especially when you're being outside-work-Muffs and you fuck something up that you KNOW work-muffs would have easily not fucked up. It can be incredibly frustrating. Like beating a boss in a game on the first time and then failing to do it again like 20 times in a row, you know you can do it, ya just fucking can't.

That's got to be hard. But this guy clearly likes you (whether it's as friends or something more). Everyone is nervous and anxious on first dates or get togethers with a new friend/potential bf or gf. I am sure it is 100x harder with social anxiety and if you are an introvert. I still say go for it though. If nothing comes of it, nothing comes of it, but at least you know you tried. Otherwise, you'll forever be kicking yourself. Plus, I think you said this guy may leave soon for another job, so if for some reason lunch is awkward, he'll probably be gone soon anyway. I hope it all works out the way you want it to though. Smile
29-06-2017, 01:52 AM
(28-06-2017 08:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 07:42 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Are you fucking mental? Tongue Act like I normally do? sit there awkwardly and stew in my own anxiety of being in a social situation?

That's got to be hard. But this guy clearly likes you (whether it's as friends or something more). Everyone is nervous and anxious on first dates or get togethers with a new friend/potential bf or gf. I am sure it is 100x harder with social anxiety and if you are an introvert. I still say go for it though. If nothing comes of it, nothing comes of it, but at least you know you tried. Otherwise, you'll forever be kicking yourself. Plus, I think you said this guy may leave soon for another job, so if for some reason lunch is awkward, he'll probably be gone soon anyway. I hope it all works out the way you want it to though. Smile

He's straight, he has a girlfriend of 6 years. I'm under no illusion otherwise.
And it's not clear, that's the issue. I think it's the opposite, he probably finds me annoying.

[Image: oscar.png]