Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-06-2017, 06:50 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(29-06-2017 01:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(28-06-2017 08:04 PM)jennybee Wrote:  That's got to be hard. But this guy clearly likes you (whether it's as friends or something more). Everyone is nervous and anxious on first dates or get togethers with a new friend/potential bf or gf. I am sure it is 100x harder with social anxiety and if you are an introvert. I still say go for it though. If nothing comes of it, nothing comes of it, but at least you know you tried. Otherwise, you'll forever be kicking yourself. Plus, I think you said this guy may leave soon for another job, so if for some reason lunch is awkward, he'll probably be gone soon anyway. I hope it all works out the way you want it to though. Smile

He's straight, he has a girlfriend of 6 years. I'm under no illusion otherwise.
And it's not clear, that's the issue. I think it's the opposite, he probably finds me annoying.

Ahh okay, well, probably straight, could be bi, either way, taken. Didn't he buy you a birthday gift? He wouldn't do that if he found you annoying.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-06-2017, 10:59 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 11:03 AM by adey67.)
Ok so I'm walking the dog when a guy I know vaguely asked me if I liked a smoke and would I like to buy some for £10, I said yes but instead of some illegal tax free tobacco I find I have inadvertently purchased a bud of marijuana, fuck the stuff stinks, even wrapped in clingfilm three times and in two plastic bags I can still smell it. Now I don't normally smoke weed and I'm worried about becoming victim to the drug driving tongue wipes but I cannot deny I'm tense and any chance to sleep would be good, trouble is I've no idea how to use this stuff so I'm probably gonna throw it down the drain.
29-06-2017, 11:01 AM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 11:05 AM by adey67.)
(29-06-2017 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sorry accidental double post.
29-06-2017, 11:38 AM
Maybe one day you'll grow up and see that the world doesn't kowtow to your impressions of it, and that what you think someone else is feeling is not what they're feeling. Maybe one day you'll learn to deal with that with communication rather than invective, calumny, scorn, and sarcasm. Maybe one day you'll put actions behind those three little words.

But I'm not holding my breath, and neither should you.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
29-06-2017, 12:35 PM
(29-06-2017 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok so I'm walking the dog when a guy I know vaguely asked me if I liked a smoke and would I like to buy some for £10, I said yes but instead of some illegal tax free tobacco I find I have inadvertently purchased a bud of marijuana, fuck the stuff stinks, even wrapped in clingfilm three times and in two plastic bags I can still smell it. Now I don't normally smoke weed and I'm worried about becoming victim to the drug driving tongue wipes but I cannot deny I'm tense and any chance to sleep would be good, trouble is I've no idea how to use this stuff so I'm probably gonna throw it down the drain.

Break it into small pieces, put in a pipe, smoke it.

Hold it in for as long as you can.

Have snacks ready.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 2 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
29-06-2017, 12:46 PM
(29-06-2017 10:59 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok so I'm walking the dog when a guy I know vaguely asked me if I liked a smoke and would I like to buy some for £10, I said yes but instead of some illegal tax free tobacco I find I have inadvertently purchased a bud of marijuana, fuck the stuff stinks, even wrapped in clingfilm three times and in two plastic bags I can still smell it. Now I don't normally smoke weed and I'm worried about becoming victim to the drug driving tongue wipes but I cannot deny I'm tense and any chance to sleep would be good, trouble is I've no idea how to use this stuff so I'm probably gonna throw it down the drain.

In the words of Weird Al: eat it. Angel

[Image: 28e6caa90c9ec6e9be63baedfa0cffe5--edible...ecipes.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I don't wanna lose my license though, trouble is now I have the means to a goodnights sleep I'm not sure I have the willpower to dispose of it.
29-06-2017, 04:09 PM (This post was last modified: 29-06-2017 04:21 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Is everyone involved in this wedding a self absorbed idiot? Five days ago I sent out an email to finalize details of the Bachelor Party, since I'd been texted back by one brother (out of two) of the groom with what they could do and when they could do it. Bride's brother's been good about texting back. So once we settled on a date, I sent out an email to them all, saying we could work out the logistics of everything. Five days go by, no one replies. Send out a second email, going, "hey guys, this is the second time I sent this, maybe it went to your spam filters, we really need to answer these questions..." and then pasted first email. Groom's brother that sometimes bothers to text back, emails that they've all worked everything out since I wasn't bothering to, and what they now planned we would all do. Angry Glad we have a plan, but for fuck's sake, no one involved in this wedding seems to have common courtesy.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-06-2017, 07:06 PM
GAH sometimes I hate my job. And people. Mostly people.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
30-06-2017, 09:12 AM
Holy crap! I want to see this right the fuck NOW!!

Long title but at least I'll remember it.
Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri
I hope my local art cinema is paying attention. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 5 users Like kim's post