Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
03-07-2017, 07:01 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(03-07-2017 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Busy day.

Went to bed late...or early morning depending on your perspective.

Got up, made coffee I didn't have time to drink and dashed to the grocery store. Got our weekly supply of sandwich, snacks and other crap....

Got home just in time to get a kid to empty my car, and then I ran back toward the grocery store area for needed hair appointment.

Two hours later, I went to the other grocery store for a few needed things, then onto the liquor store for booze.

Got home just in time to kiss the man goodbye as he left for work.

Tidied up the kitchen, got the kids to help remove the old rug, and replace it with one of rugs MIL had. Emptied two more boxes of stuff from her house (it's endless).

Finally we are probably one more dump run from having her house completely emptied.

I feel for you! On the "stuff", when we moved my MiL in with us, what we couldn't jam into a $200/month storage facility ended up in our house. Dodgy I don't feel right sorting through it, but my wife hasn't done anything with it and it's been years. Last Saturday, one of her friends brought over two boxes of dishes, and I was asked if they can go in the garage. There's no room out there to park cars, or even walk edgewise through the thing. I have a tiny section to myself for my wood working hobby. There's a shed in the back yard (full of stuff we don't use), two sheds in the side yard (stuff we DO use) and I laid plywood in the attic for seasonal stuff. There's also plywood in the rafters in the garage, piled high with, you guessed it, things we don't use. When we die, it's going to be 2 each 30 yard dumpsters to get rid of it all.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
03-07-2017, 08:07 PM
Seriously pissed at these fucking phone calls claiming they can help me with my student loans. I couldn't afford college, and this just fucking reminds me. Tried calling them back, but of course it goes to voicemail, which is full.

Let me talk to one shithead rep. I'll tell them to fuck themselves with a goddamn barbed wire spool.
03-07-2017, 08:53 PM
Dagnir an Glamhoth! Evil_monster
03-07-2017, 09:21 PM
(03-07-2017 07:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 05:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Busy day.

Went to bed late...or early morning depending on your perspective.

Got up, made coffee I didn't have time to drink and dashed to the grocery store. Got our weekly supply of sandwich, snacks and other crap....

Got home just in time to get a kid to empty my car, and then I ran back toward the grocery store area for needed hair appointment.

Two hours later, I went to the other grocery store for a few needed things, then onto the liquor store for booze.

Got home just in time to kiss the man goodbye as he left for work.

Tidied up the kitchen, got the kids to help remove the old rug, and replace it with one of rugs MIL had. Emptied two more boxes of stuff from her house (it's endless).

Finally we are probably one more dump run from having her house completely emptied.

I feel for you! On the "stuff", when we moved my MiL in with us, what we couldn't jam into a $200/month storage facility ended up in our house. Dodgy I don't feel right sorting through it, but my wife hasn't done anything with it and it's been years. Last Saturday, one of her friends brought over two boxes of dishes, and I was asked if they can go in the garage. There's no room out there to park cars, or even walk edgewise through the thing. I have a tiny section to myself for my wood working hobby. There's a shed in the back yard (full of stuff we don't use), two sheds in the side yard (stuff we DO use) and I laid plywood in the attic for seasonal stuff. There's also plywood in the rafters in the garage, piled high with, you guessed it, things we don't use. When we die, it's going to be 2 each 30 yard dumpsters to get rid of it all.

The stuff we donated like Ethan Allen furniture (back in the day when they made quality pieces), Hummels...just because we didn't want it, or could deal with selling it.

We shredded millions of old bills and made countless trips to the dump and still too much came here. I've got stuff piled up everywhere. We have stuff we don't know what to do with too...boxes where we just threw things into that I have no idea what's in them.

We still have two cars in the garage....because we have to....

The man says he wants to move in two years....

It leaves me speechless.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-07-2017, 11:13 PM
(03-07-2017 09:21 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(03-07-2017 07:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  I feel for you! On the "stuff", when we moved my MiL in with us, what we couldn't jam into a $200/month storage facility ended up in our house. Dodgy I don't feel right sorting through it, but my wife hasn't done anything with it and it's been years. Last Saturday, one of her friends brought over two boxes of dishes, and I was asked if they can go in the garage. There's no room out there to park cars, or even walk edgewise through the thing. I have a tiny section to myself for my wood working hobby. There's a shed in the back yard (full of stuff we don't use), two sheds in the side yard (stuff we DO use) and I laid plywood in the attic for seasonal stuff. There's also plywood in the rafters in the garage, piled high with, you guessed it, things we don't use. When we die, it's going to be 2 each 30 yard dumpsters to get rid of it all.

The stuff we donated like Ethan Allen furniture (back in the day when they made quality pieces), Hummels...just because we didn't want it, or could deal with selling it.

We shredded millions of old bills and made countless trips to the dump and still too much came here. I've got stuff piled up everywhere. We have stuff we don't know what to do with too...boxes where we just threw things into that I have no idea what's in them.

We still have two cars in the garage....because we have to....

The man says he wants to move in two years....

It leaves me speechless.

Make him sort through it. You know how! Yes
03-07-2017, 11:35 PM
A rant of my very own! My wife got rear-ended while sitting at a stoplight today. The guy wouldn't cooperate at all, and fortunately my wife was not injured so badly that she couldn't get out and take pictures. When he got belligerent, she used 911 to get the local PD to the scene, while sitting in her car. It all got sorted out, and in the process, the local PD told her that they had reported him to the DMV as a person who should no longer be driving.

Rant part- his insurer is requesting her to take pics of the damage, or we have to take the car 20 miles (one way) for an estimate. That ain't the way it works. How in the name of any tutelary deity can someone make a decent estimate of body damage based on a cell hone photo or two? I'll be on the phone Wednesday, and will expect them to accept the estimate of any body shop that I get an estimate from. THAT, BTW, is the law. Ain't my first rodeo. I'm still suffering from injuries in crashes where I was not at fault, but didn't know enough about the law, at that time. Facepalm Not looking to get rich, just thinking about how I have been screwed.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
04-07-2017, 03:30 AM
(03-07-2017 11:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Rant part- his insurer is requesting her to take pics of the damage, or we have to take the car 20 miles (one way) for an estimate. That ain't the way it works. How in the name of any tutelary deity can someone make a decent estimate of body damage based on a cell hone photo or two? I'll be on the phone Wednesday, and will expect them to accept the estimate of any body shop that I get an estimate from. THAT, BTW, is the law. Ain't my first rodeo. I'm still suffering from injuries in crashes where I was not at fault, but didn't know enough about the law, at that time. Facepalm Not looking to get rich, just thinking about how I have been screwed.

Insurers are all sunshine and smiles until you actually claim. It's almost like they think you're stealing their money Dodgy

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
04-07-2017, 03:58 AM
OMG Im actual such a little bitch.

[Image: oscar.png]
04-07-2017, 06:05 AM
(03-07-2017 11:35 PM)Fireball Wrote:  A rant of my very own! My wife got rear-ended while sitting at a stoplight today. The guy wouldn't cooperate at all, and fortunately my wife was not injured so badly that she couldn't get out and take pictures. When he got belligerent, she used 911 to get the local PD to the scene, while sitting in her car. It all got sorted out, and in the process, the local PD told her that they had reported him to the DMV as a person who should no longer be driving.

Rant part- his insurer is requesting her to take pics of the damage, or we have to take the car 20 miles (one way) for an estimate. That ain't the way it works. How in the name of any tutelary deity can someone make a decent estimate of body damage based on a cell hone photo or two? I'll be on the phone Wednesday, and will expect them to accept the estimate of any body shop that I get an estimate from. THAT, BTW, is the law. Ain't my first rodeo. I'm still suffering from injuries in crashes where I was not at fault, but didn't know enough about the law, at that time. Facepalm Not looking to get rich, just thinking about how I have been screwed.

Hope it gets settled soon man, and I hope they don't have Geico. Horrible company to have to deal with when their insuree is at fault; got hit by a guy driving his girlfriend's car (without a license) once, and it took like five weeks of fighting with them to get them to pay up, even with photos, a witness, and a police report.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-07-2017, 06:58 AM
He said yes.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post