Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-07-2017, 11:40 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I've gotta write a damn paragraph on what I got out of the highly-overrated Who Moved my Cheese? What I honestly got out of it is that you are to be a good little sheep and just accept what's given you without complaint. Hobo

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-07-2017, 12:08 PM
(12-07-2017 11:40 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've gotta write a damn paragraph on what I got out of the highly-overrated Who Moved my Cheese? What I honestly got out of it is that you are to be a good little sheep and just accept what's given you without complaint. Hobo

So write exactly that!
12-07-2017, 12:13 PM
(12-07-2017 11:40 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  I've gotta write a damn paragraph on what I got out of the highly-overrated Who Moved my Cheese? What I honestly got out of it is that you are to be a good little sheep and just accept what's given you without complaint. Hobo

Why do you have to do that?

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
12-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Finishing up this course design is killing me. Dealing with my father is worse. Wedding crap begins tomorrow...Groomzilla somehow got a job though!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-07-2017, 01:11 PM
(12-07-2017 12:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Groomzilla somehow got a job though!

So... god is great, after all Rolleyes

[Image: hitchens600x413.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-07-2017, 02:49 PM
(11-07-2017 09:22 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It went good. I think. I dunno. Maybe? The food wasn't my best by a long short. I probably fucked up.
Did I fuck up? I fucked up. Yea I probably fucked up. Ahhhh shoot me.

Stop overthinking.

I'm sure it was good.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
12-07-2017, 03:13 PM
(12-07-2017 01:11 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 12:35 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Groomzilla somehow got a job though!

So... god is great, after all Rolleyes

[Image: hitchens600x413.gif]

Apparently me of little faith...Groomzilla and bride to be had faith they'd get jobs and they did. And yes, not reading Hitch's book in front of my parents. Wink

Course is done! (For review purposes at least!) Big Grin Now, to have dinner when my mother gets home from visiting her sister in the hospital, and then to pack for tomorrow...

Edit: And dad hasn't stopped his ranting for over an hour straight now without barely taking a breath. Also I know nothing about prisons, despite you know, having a PhD in this field, and having been to or volunteered in a dozen facilities ranging from minimum to maximum at the state and federal level. Whereas he's...watched a lot of Lockup on MSNBC?

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
12-07-2017, 03:21 PM
(12-07-2017 03:13 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Apparently me of little faith...Groomzilla and bride to be had faith they'd get jobs and they did. And yes, not reading Hitch's book in front of my parents. Wink

Course is done! (For review purposes at least!) Big Grin Now, to have dinner when my mother gets home from visiting her sister in the hospital, and then to pack for tomorrow...

And me of no faith (other than in my name, that is), is still trying to buy (another Censored ) ticket, worrying about paypal problems and whether will manage to get cabify to the station and get my ticket sorted out there ('cause you still need to get the ticket at the station) and get to the bus with luggage and everything in tow. In the morning...

But once all this is out of the way - my old haunt (literally!), here I come! [Image: dance4.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-07-2017, 03:40 PM
(12-07-2017 12:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  

Why do you have to do that?

It's for work. We have these "objectives" or "initiatives" or whatever that we do each year. They're just goals, honestly. Like it may be an online course that we are to take or go sit with someone from another department and see what they do each day (to better understand how your job affects them and vice versa) and well this time we all got the assignment from my... hmm. Wait a minute. I don't know that this really was a part of our objectives/initiatives. I'll have to ask the boss. If this was just handed out to all of us and it isn't tied to objectives then that's really worrying.

Makes me afraid some big horrible change is coming and they're hoping we'll take the advice of this shite book to heart and just move on with the change without any complaints. >.>

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-07-2017, 03:41 PM
(12-07-2017 03:40 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 12:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Why do you have to do that?

It's for work. We have these "objectives" or "initiatives" or whatever that we do each year. They're just goals, honestly. Like it may be an online course that we are to take or go sit with someone from another department and see what they do each day (to better understand how your job affects them and vice versa) and well this time we all got the assignment from my... hmm. Wait a minute. I don't know that this really was a part of our objectives/initiatives. I'll have to ask the boss. If this was just handed out to all of us and it isn't tied to objectives then that's really worrying.

Makes me afraid some big horrible change is coming and they're hoping we'll take the advice of this shite book to heart and just move on with the change without any complaints. >.>

Ugh hope all goes well and it's just the essay.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi