Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-07-2017, 04:46 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(12-07-2017 03:40 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 12:13 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Why do you have to do that?

It's for work. We have these "objectives" or "initiatives" or whatever that we do each year. They're just goals, honestly. Like it may be an online course that we are to take or go sit with someone from another department and see what they do each day (to better understand how your job affects them and vice versa) and well this time we all got the assignment from my... hmm. Wait a minute. I don't know that this really was a part of our objectives/initiatives. I'll have to ask the boss. If this was just handed out to all of us and it isn't tied to objectives then that's really worrying.

Makes me afraid some big horrible change is coming and they're hoping we'll take the advice of this shite book to heart and just move on with the change without any complaints. >.>

For work, you say? Yeah, do not take my advice. No It was bad advice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2017, 04:54 PM
(12-07-2017 03:41 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(12-07-2017 03:40 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  It's for work. We have these "objectives" or "initiatives" or whatever that we do each year. They're just goals, honestly. Like it may be an online course that we are to take or go sit with someone from another department and see what they do each day (to better understand how your job affects them and vice versa) and well this time we all got the assignment from my... hmm. Wait a minute. I don't know that this really was a part of our objectives/initiatives. I'll have to ask the boss. If this was just handed out to all of us and it isn't tied to objectives then that's really worrying.

Makes me afraid some big horrible change is coming and they're hoping we'll take the advice of this shite book to heart and just move on with the change without any complaints. >.>

Ugh hope all goes well and it's just the essay.

I'm probably just being paranoid. Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
13-07-2017, 03:43 AM
Well, I thought having him over would ease my anxiety about the whole situation but all it did once he left was make it 1000x worst.
BUT today I started work an hour before he started and he came in 10 minutes early to talk to me. So I think, after 7 months of slow slow progress, from trying to get on the same odd shift as him, from being too awkward to talk to him beyond basic communication (one time I was working security and he was working stock literally right next to me for half an hour and I didn't say a god damn word to him...), too having our breaks together, to talking to each other, to finding out things about each other slowly, to having permanent shifts together, to talking more over the walkie talkies while we're doing security together, to walking home together, to playing video games together, to waiting for each other after work to walk home together, to him buying me a birthday present, to exchanging numbers, to him accept my lunch invite, to him actually putting up with my cooking and being around me for more than half an hour while on break at work but like 4 hours at my house, to him after spending time with me after work still willing to come into work early to come over and chat to me. After 7 months of slow slow progress, I think THINK I wouldn't be absurd to say that we've reached pre-friend zone.

I think now I should kill everyone else on the planet so nobody can take it away from me. Something I can't yet see has got to go wrong, I just know it.
Basic rule of life, the universe giveth, the universe taketh-away.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
13-07-2017, 03:50 AM
Ahh, just keep it going Muffs, sounds like you are slowly getting there Smile

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
13-07-2017, 03:57 AM
(13-07-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ahh, just keep it going Muffs, sounds like you are slowly getting there Smile

So, what the over and under on Muffs just snapping and duct-taping the poor boyo to a bed frame and fucking his brains out? Tongue

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
13-07-2017, 03:58 AM
(13-07-2017 03:57 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:50 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Ahh, just keep it going Muffs, sounds like you are slowly getting there Smile

So, what the over and under on Muffs just snapping and duct-taping the poor boyo to a bed frame and fucking his brains out? Tongue
Hey, you never know, maybe he's counting on muffs doing just that Laugh out load

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
13-07-2017, 09:26 AM
(13-07-2017 03:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, I thought having him over would ease my anxiety about the whole situation but all it did once he left was make it 1000x worst.
BUT today I started work an hour before he started and he came in 10 minutes early to talk to me. So I think, after 7 months of slow slow progress, from trying to get on the same odd shift as him, from being too awkward to talk to him beyond basic communication (one time I was working security and he was working stock literally right next to me for half an hour and I didn't say a god damn word to him...), too having our breaks together, to talking to each other, to finding out things about each other slowly, to having permanent shifts together, to talking more over the walkie talkies while we're doing security together, to walking home together, to playing video games together, to waiting for each other after work to walk home together, to him buying me a birthday present, to exchanging numbers, to him accept my lunch invite, to him actually putting up with my cooking and being around me for more than half an hour while on break at work but like 4 hours at my house, to him after spending time with me after work still willing to come into work early to come over and chat to me. After 7 months of slow slow progress, I think THINK I wouldn't be absurd to say that we've reached pre-friend zone.

I think now I should kill everyone else on the planet so nobody can take it away from me. Something I can't yet see has got to go wrong, I just know it.

I know it's hard not to worry with what ifs when you really like someone, but just try and enjoy the ride and take each day as it comes instead of letting your mind propel things into the future. Half the shit we worry about never ends up happening anyway. Enjoy the high from this experience--you have every reason to as every signal from him is a positive one. Thumbsup
13-07-2017, 09:59 AM
(13-07-2017 09:26 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(13-07-2017 03:43 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Well, I thought having him over would ease my anxiety about the whole situation but all it did once he left was make it 1000x worst.

I know it's hard not to worry with what ifs when you really like someone, but just try and enjoy the ride and take each day as it comes instead of letting your mind propel things into the future. Half the shit we worry about never ends up happening anyway. Enjoy the high from this experience--you have every reason to as every signal from him is a positive one. Thumbsup

I agree enjoy the ride if nothing else sounds like you've made a friend at least and if it turns out he's bi-curious bonus hope it all works out for the best Mr Muffs Thumbsup
13-07-2017, 11:13 AM
Get a phone call from an unknown number. Figure, I'm bored, let me see who it is.

Supposedly I've been chosen for a wonderful trip to Cancun, Mexico! I know how this goes. I give my card number, I get charged, and I arrive with no reservations. I've heard about these on the news.

Her: Who will you be traveling with, sir? (Thick accent, but seeing as I live in North Carolina, I know many Mexicans. This isn't Mexican.)
Me: My brother.
Her: That's good, sir. I assume you're both adults?
Me: Yes, we are.
Her: What kind of activities do you like to do while on vacation?
Me: We like to do outdoor activities, and then find a good brothel.
Her: ... OK, so outdoors?
Me: And a brothel. Usually we look for ones that allow us to do strange things. I have rather unique tastes that some would consider bizarre.
Her: ... Well... Then, ah, I'm sure our resorts can... tailor to your outdoor activities.
Me: Do you know if Cancun has brothels that allow twisted sexual things? They don't have to be legal ones. I'm fine with illegal or underground brothels.
Her: ... ...
Me: I realize you aren't sure what I mean. Let me give you an example.

(I hang up. Next time I'll make shit up and go into twisted detail.)
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
13-07-2017, 11:17 AM
(13-07-2017 11:13 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  Get a phone call from an unknown number. Figure, I'm bored, let me see who it is.

Supposedly I've been chosen for a wonderful trip to Cancun, Mexico! I know how this goes. I give my card number, I get charged, and I arrive with no reservations. I've heard about these on the news.

Her: Who will you be traveling with, sir? (Thick accent, but seeing as I live in North Carolina, I know many Mexicans. This isn't Mexican.)
Me: My brother.
Her: That's good, sir. I assume you're both adults?
Me: Yes, we are.
Her: What kind of activities do you like to do while on vacation?
Me: We like to do outdoor activities, and then find a good brothel.
Her: ... OK, so outdoors?
Me: And a brothel. Usually we look for ones that allow us to do strange things. I have rather unique tastes that some would consider bizarre.
Her: ... Well... Then, ah, I'm sure our resorts can... tailor to your outdoor activities.
Me: Do you know if Cancun has brothels that allow twisted sexual things? They don't have to be legal ones. I'm fine with illegal or underground brothels.
Her: ... ...
Me: I realize you aren't sure what I mean. Let me give you an example.

(I hang up. Next time I'll make shit up and go into twisted detail.)

Well done! Bowing
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post