Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
15-07-2017, 06:52 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(14-07-2017 05:09 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Weed man out of town for a week. This isn't going to help my homicidal thoughts. Not one bit.

Mines disappeared of the face of the earth and I'm getting low, probably got busted knowing my luck. Sad
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-07-2017, 11:12 AM
I should probably point out I used to be majorly against it but its five times as relaxing as alcohol with so far fewer side effects I can control my usage I feel mentally more in control my headaches are gone I sleep better, fuck I wish I had discovered this earlier.
15-07-2017, 12:01 PM
I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about their life.

Like that they moved when they didn't or any host of other things. Then I wonder, doesn't anyone else pay attention to all their inconsistencies?

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-07-2017, 12:12 PM (This post was last modified: 15-07-2017 12:22 PM by Szuchow.)
(15-07-2017 12:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about their life.

Like that they moved when they didn't or any host of other things. Then I wonder, doesn't anyone else pay attention to all their inconsistencies?

They may feel that whoever is asking don't deserve the truth. Or maybe they want to present themselves as better. Or just because. Everybody lie from time to time not always for good reason and not being Kant I don't have a problem with this.

Edit: Lying may be not so frequent - https://msu.edu/~levinet/Serota_etal2010.pdf

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
15-07-2017, 12:35 PM
(15-07-2017 12:01 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I don't understand why people feel the need to lie about their life.

Hmmm... I don't know the context here, but you're the admin of a forum, so you could well be referring to observations you've made here. Even if you're not, I think I can offer a different perspective (one I've considered from my own posts) that might offer an alternate explanation.

I once stated on this forum a long time ago that I couldn't eat dairy, because I'm very allergic to it. I later made posts saying that I was trying a bunch of new dairy items. I neglected to mention that I had consumed dairy accidentally, did not get an immediate reaction, and that I assumed that I had outgrown the allergy. I proceeded to pump myself full of milk products in my zeal to taste things like cheese cake, ice cream, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, fettuccine Alfredo (the list goes on and on.)

Turns out, I'm still allergic to dairy, just less allergic to dairy. I flooded my system so much with dairy that my Eustachian tubes, ears and sinuses were filled with fluid and I had temporarily lost the ability to hear nearly as well as I normally could. The doctor said my eardrums were sucked inward from the negative pressure and he'd need to puncture the ear drums to relieve the pressure.

The forum heard that I was allergic to dairy, and then that I was eating dairy as though I'd always have.

I can think of a handful of instances where I've made one statement, the conditions have changed, and I then I made new, seemingly conflicting statements based on my new conditions without providing the transition details. I'd always wondered if anyone really notices, but no one has ever asked. If they had, I'd have filled in the blanks.

Maybe the person you're referring to has an explanation for their story?
15-07-2017, 01:24 PM
I don't understand why people (yes, especially women) lie about their age, DOWNWARD. I mean seriously, I'm 58. If I were to lie and try to tell you I'm 39 you would think "FUUUUUUUUUCK that woman's been ridden hard and put up wet!" But if I said I was 77 you'd (hopefully) think "Damn, that old woman is looking friggin good for her age!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
15-07-2017, 02:50 PM
(15-07-2017 01:24 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I don't understand why people (yes, especially women) lie about their age, DOWNWARD. I mean seriously, I'm 58. If I were to lie and try to tell you I'm 39 you would think "FUUUUUUUUUCK that woman's been ridden hard and put up wet!" But if I said I was 77 you'd (hopefully) think "Damn, that old woman is looking friggin good for her age!

I would never lie about my age! That's the one line I do not cross!
15-07-2017, 03:01 PM
(15-07-2017 02:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 01:24 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I don't understand why people (yes, especially women) lie about their age, DOWNWARD. I mean seriously, I'm 58. If I were to lie and try to tell you I'm 39 you would think "FUUUUUUUUUCK that woman's been ridden hard and put up wet!" But if I said I was 77 you'd (hopefully) think "Damn, that old woman is looking friggin good for her age!

I would never lie about my age! That's the one line I do not cross!

Laugh out load But I'll totally tell loadsa lies about other stuff... nudge nudge... eh? Say no more, say no more. Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
15-07-2017, 03:12 PM
(15-07-2017 03:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 02:50 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I would never lie about my age! That's the one line I do not cross!

Laugh out load But I'll totally tell loadsa lies about other stuff... nudge nudge... eh? Say no more, say no more. Tongue

Wink

I do gloss over details and I consider certain things to be off-limits to protect my own privacy and sense of security. I'm not going to share those things on a public forum, and that's just the way it is.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
15-07-2017, 03:44 PM
(15-07-2017 03:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(15-07-2017 03:01 PM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load But I'll totally tell loadsa lies about other stuff... nudge nudge... eh? Say no more, say no more. Tongue

Wink

I do gloss over details and I consider certain things to be off-limits to protect my own privacy and sense of security. I'm not going to share those things on a public forum, and that's just the way it is.

Thumbsup Yup. I used to be a lot more paranoid. Now I figure, what the hell, most of the forum is American, if anyone does go nuts and try to track me down, I'm far far away. But ja, it's not that secure on the forum either, so I totally understand. Also there have been weirdos here.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post