Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-07-2017, 10:41 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(20-07-2017 08:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I might need to update that status from friends back down to pre-friends. I think I gave him food poisoning. He's probably hating my guts right now. I was terrified this was gonna happen if I cook something so I washed my hands, clean everything, all spotless and careful, nothing undercooked or even remotely expired and yet it still happened. My worst fear. After needles. My only conclusion was that I did it on some subconscious level as a way of my body rejecting foreign substances in my life. Like how you sweat like crazy when you're sick it's because it's your body trying to get rid of whatever is making you sick. My brain was like "friends, what is this foreign concept, danger danger" and so subconsciously I sabotaged Wednesdays lunch by poisoning this poor dude. Proving, yet again, that I, myself, am my own worst enemy and that not only is the entire world out to ensure that my entire existence is as miserable as possible but I, myself, am serving, on an unconscious but also sometimes conscious level, to reinforce and actively work towards said world's desired end.
Do you know for sure you gave him food poisoning? It sounds extremely unlikely given what you cooked and being hygienic and all, may I very gently say I think you are correct and that you're engaging in self sabotage and that you're misery will become a self fulfilling prophecy unless you can find a way out. I like you lots of other people here like you too, perhaps you should try liking yourself bud. Hug
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-07-2017, 03:55 PM (This post was last modified: 20-07-2017 04:29 PM by Aliza.)
(20-07-2017 08:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I think I might need to update that status from friends back down to pre-friends. I think I gave him food poisoning. He's probably hating my guts right now. I was terrified this was gonna happen if I cook something so I washed my hands, clean everything, all spotless and careful, nothing undercooked or even remotely expired and yet it still happened. My worst fear. After needles. My only conclusion was that I did it on some subconscious level as a way of my body rejecting foreign substances in my life. Like how you sweat like crazy when you're sick it's because it's your body trying to get rid of whatever is making you sick. My brain was like "friends, what is this foreign concept, danger danger" and so subconsciously I sabotaged Wednesdays lunch by poisoning this poor dude. Proving, yet again, that I, myself, am my own worst enemy and that not only is the entire world out to ensure that my entire existence is as miserable as possible but I, myself, am serving, on an unconscious but also sometimes conscious level, to reinforce and actively work towards said world's desired end.

I have a super sensitive stomach and for the longest time, I would get arbitrarily sick off some salmon, but not all. No one else ever got sick, it was only me. It took me a long while to figure it out that it was only farmed salmon from a certain country that was the culprit. All other salmon is fine.

Maybe your cooking and sanitation were perfectly fine and it was just some hidden ingredient that he doesn't even realize he's sensitive to that made him ill.

Tell him that you want to make it up to him by taking him to a restaurant of his choosing. If it was me, I'd want to play it all nonchalant. I'd probably buy a gift card to a restaurant that I know he likes and say that my relative sent me a gift and that I'd like to take him to a dinner that doesn't nearly kill him. Maybe if he sees it's all paid for he won't feel that he's putting you out.

Good luck, and don't throw in the towel on this just yet. It may well be worth the effort.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
20-07-2017, 04:06 PM
(20-07-2017 03:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I have a super sensitive stomach and for the longest time, I would get arbitrarily sick off some salmon, but not all. No one else ever got sick, it was only me. It took me a long while to figure it out that it was only farmed salmon from a certain country that was the culprit. All other salmon is fine.

Norwegian farm salmon perhaps?
Proven to be the most toxic food you can eat. I refuse to eat it any longer and we get plenty of it at work.
As I understood it, anything labeled "Atlantic salmon" is farm salmon. Wild salmon would be very, very expensive.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
20-07-2017, 04:09 PM

Maybe it wasn't your food. Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-07-2017, 04:28 PM
(20-07-2017 04:06 PM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 03:55 PM)Aliza Wrote:  I have a super sensitive stomach and for the longest time, I would get arbitrarily sick off some salmon, but not all. No one else ever got sick, it was only me. It took me a long while to figure it out that it was only farmed salmon from a certain country that was the culprit. All other salmon is fine.

Norwegian farm salmon perhaps?
Proven to be the most toxic food you can eat. I refuse to eat it any longer and we get plenty of it at work.
As I understood it, anything labeled "Atlantic salmon" is farm salmon. Wild salmon would be very, very expensive.

The kind I've narrowed down is from Chile, but maybe Norway salmon is a problem too. I don't bother asking waiters where their salmon was farmed. I wouldn't trust them to know for sure anyway and I just sound pretentious when I ask, "uhm, excuse me, what country is your salmon from? Cause I don't eat anything from Chile". I started going straight for the wild caught. Raises my costs from $25 for dinner to $35, but I never get sick on wild caught. It's worth the money.
20-07-2017, 05:29 PM
(20-07-2017 04:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 04:06 PM)Ron NL-S Wrote:  Norwegian farm salmon perhaps?

The kind I've narrowed down is from Chile, but maybe Norway salmon is a problem too. I don't bother asking waiters where their salmon was farmed. I wouldn't trust them to know for sure anyway and I just sound pretentious when I ask, "uhm, excuse me, what country is your salmon from? Cause I don't eat anything from Chile". I started going straight for the wild caught. Raises my costs from $25 for dinner to $35, but I never get sick on wild caught. It's worth the money.

Must not have been cooked enough if it was still pretty Chile and not hot Tongue sorry i'll see myself out.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
20-07-2017, 06:23 PM
(20-07-2017 05:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 04:28 PM)Aliza Wrote:  The kind I've narrowed down is from Chile, but maybe Norway salmon is a problem too. I don't bother asking waiters where their salmon was farmed. I wouldn't trust them to know for sure anyway and I just sound pretentious when I ask, "uhm, excuse me, what country is your salmon from? Cause I don't eat anything from Chile". I started going straight for the wild caught. Raises my costs from $25 for dinner to $35, but I never get sick on wild caught. It's worth the money.

Must not have been cooked enough if it was still pretty Chile and not hot Tongue sorry i'll see myself out.

Captain of the puns over here. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
20-07-2017, 06:25 PM
(20-07-2017 06:23 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(20-07-2017 05:29 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Must not have been cooked enough if it was still pretty Chile and not hot Tongue sorry i'll see myself out.

Captain of the puns over here. Smile

I am very punny.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
20-07-2017, 07:23 PM
(20-07-2017 10:41 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
Do you know for sure you gave him food poisoning? It sounds extremely unlikely given what you cooked and being hygienic and all, may I very gently say I think you are correct and that you're engaging in self sabotage and that you're misery will become a self fulfilling prophecy unless you can find a way out. I like you lots of other people here like you too, perhaps you should try liking yourself bud. Hug

I'd be a pretty poor narcissist if I didn't like myself. The issue isn't self-esteem, my self-esteem is fine, the issue is motivation. And I mean I'd try and improve on that but I can't be bothered.
20-07-2017, 09:06 PM
*^&%#$@@! (Breathe) $%#^&!

I just knocked my favorite glass off the kitchen counter, full of Pepsi, onto my toe, in my favorite pair of Keds, and it broke on one of the dog's favorite squeeky toys.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams