Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-07-2017, 05:23 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-07-2017 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 08:56 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Bleh. I don't even want to go to my hair appointment today. My brain is still swimming after the news of my imminent transfer. Confused

Don't borrow trouble EA, at least they transferred you. Sure you'll have to learn new things, but it'll be ok.

Thanks, Moms. Hug I did go on ahead to my hair appointment. Glad I did. I needed the pick-me-up. And yeah, absolutely it could have gone worse and I could have just gotten laid off. I've been trying to focus more on the positives of it. Not always easy, but I'm trying.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-07-2017, 05:56 PM
(22-07-2017 05:23 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Don't borrow trouble EA, at least they transferred you. Sure you'll have to learn new things, but it'll be ok.

Thanks, Moms. Hug I did go on ahead to my hair appointment. Glad I did. I needed the pick-me-up. And yeah, absolutely it could have gone worse and I could have just gotten laid off. I've been trying to focus more on the positives of it. Not always easy, but I'm trying.

EA, please don't forget that whatever the circumstances were for your department transfer, you were apparently worth retaining. If they saw no value in keeping you on board and spending the resources to train you elsewhere, you'd have been out the door. Focus on showing them that their investment was wise. Hug
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
22-07-2017, 06:00 PM
Clearly they think you are intelligent enough to learn a new job. This is a good thing, I think.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
22-07-2017, 06:36 PM
Thanks, y'all. Smile This is really weird. It's like having new-job jitters but yet it's the same company so it's old, except it's new? Hobo I think it's mostly the social aspects that I am nervous about. It takes me so long to warm up to people. I mean, I "know of" most of the people over there, but I don't "know-know" them, if that makes any sense.

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
22-07-2017, 06:45 PM
(22-07-2017 06:36 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks, y'all. Smile This is really weird. It's like having new-job jitters but yet it's the same company so it's old, except it's new? Hobo I think it's mostly the social aspects that I am nervous about. It takes me so long to warm up to people. I mean, I "know of" most of the people over there, but I don't "know-know" them, if that makes any sense.

Your cheese not only got moved...it's a different kind of cheese. Big Grin

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-07-2017, 09:10 PM
(22-07-2017 06:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-07-2017 06:36 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Thanks, y'all. Smile This is really weird. It's like having new-job jitters but yet it's the same company so it's old, except it's new? Hobo I think it's mostly the social aspects that I am nervous about. It takes me so long to warm up to people. I mean, I "know of" most of the people over there, but I don't "know-know" them, if that makes any sense.

Your cheese not only got moved...it's a different kind of cheese. Big Grin

Maybe that was management's way of encouraging a thought process before you got moved. The premise of that book is learning flexibility. If you did your homework correctly and provided the company-approved answers, Rolleyes you're on your way!
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
23-07-2017, 08:55 AM
Keep in mind that as I write this I'm hiding in another part of the house and typing on my iPhone.

My sister in law just can't shut the fuck up. What is it with some people that must hear themselves non-stop, interject themselves into every conversation, redirect the topic so that they are the main character, answer questions directed at others and constantly ask the most out of the blue inane questions in order to engage others in any kind of conversation?

In less than an hour she boards a plane home and not a moment too soon. Weeping

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
23-07-2017, 09:02 AM
(23-07-2017 08:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Keep in mind that as I write this I'm hiding in another part of the house and typing on my iPhone.

My sister in law just can't shut the fuck up. What is it with some people that must hear themselves non-stop, interject themselves into every conversation, redirect the topic so that they are the main character, answer questions directed at others and constantly ask the most out of the blue inane questions in order to engage others in any kind of conversation?

Are you also being inundated with selfies?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
23-07-2017, 09:11 AM
OMFG she's now holding court at my parent's house

Aaaaaaarrrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhhhhh

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-07-2017, 09:12 AM
(23-07-2017 09:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 08:55 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Keep in mind that as I write this I'm hiding in another part of the house and typing on my iPhone.

Are you also being inundated with selfies?

No, does that happen to you?