Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-07-2017, 09:14 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-07-2017 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:02 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Are you also being inundated with selfies?

No, does that happen to you?

Just seems to be part of the package of that personality type...probably not necessary when she's there in person.

Less than an hour, less than an hour...you can make it. Breathe.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
23-07-2017, 09:20 AM
(23-07-2017 09:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:12 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  No, does that happen to you?

Just seems to be part of the package of that personality type...probably not necessary when she's there in person.

I can't...

She keeps interrupting everyone, and she's the type that if you have a cat she has a tiger. Make.......it........stop.....Angry

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
23-07-2017, 09:24 AM
(23-07-2017 09:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:14 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Just seems to be part of the package of that personality type...probably not necessary when she's there in person.

I can't...

She keeps interrupting everyone, and she's the type that if you have a cat she has a tiger. Make.......it........stop.....Angry

Hug

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 11:52 AM
If I could just stop worrying and fretting over this, that'd be great. But my brain won't let up. :'(

Stuck between wanting tomorrow to just hurry and be here and wishing it'd never arrive. I feel almost more pressure about going into a different position in the same company than if I were fresh off the street. My new boss sent an e-mail to her crew late Friday letting them know I'd be joining the team and she talked me up to them, about how I know about this and that and how I've been at the company for eleven years already. You know, stuff that would help a normal person feel better and feel confident, but for me it feels like there's this expectation that I'm gonna be a super-quick learner and that I've got "all the knowledge" since I've been there a decade now.

What if I don't measure up? My old boss always gave me good reviews, so I had to just chalk up my feelings of never quite feeling like I was doing "good enough" to... well whatever it is that fucked me up and makes me think I'm under-performing.

Stomach is in a knot. I've tried video games and listening to music and writing but I can't distract myself from the situation at hand. Sad I'm gonna do some cleaning after I eat lunch. Maybe that will help? Undecided

23-07-2017, 01:04 PM
(23-07-2017 11:52 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  What if I don't measure up? My old boss always gave me good reviews, so I had to just chalk up my feelings of never quite feeling like I was doing "good enough" to... well whatever it is that fucked me up and makes me think I'm under-performing.
If your old boss is happy with you, then you will most probably measure up. Stop putting pressure on yourself, even someone who's been with the company for a while will take some time to settle into a new post, maybe make a few screw ups initially. No one's gonna get on your case for not being the fastest learner on the job *ever*, so rather take it easy Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
23-07-2017, 05:11 PM
False alarm people, it was the flu.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
23-07-2017, 05:14 PM
(23-07-2017 05:11 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  False alarm people, it was the flu.

I suppose if having the flu was ever good news, this was it.

[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 05:57 PM
Fuck me, I can't handle this fucking stress. Sad The cleaning (among other things) helped some, for awhile, but now it's come full circle again. I'm not trying to focus on it, but it keeps sucking me back under. Sadcryface

23-07-2017, 05:58 PM
(23-07-2017 05:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Fuck me, I can't handle this fucking stress. Sad The cleaning (among other things) helped some, for awhile, but now it's come full circle again. I'm not trying to focus on it, but it keeps sucking me back under. Sadcryface

One foot in front of the other.

You can do this. You already know people there. You don't have to change your commute. It's not entirely new...you can do this. Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
23-07-2017, 06:08 PM
(23-07-2017 05:58 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 05:57 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Fuck me, I can't handle this fucking stress. Sad The cleaning (among other things) helped some, for awhile, but now it's come full circle again. I'm not trying to focus on it, but it keeps sucking me back under. Sadcryface

One foot in front of the other.

You can do this. You already know people there. You don't have to change your commute. It's not entirely new...you can do this. Thumbsup

Thanks, Anj. Hug Driving myself crazy this weekend. Stupid brain. Hobo