Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-12-2012, 05:44 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Saluton, kiel vi fartas?
Mi nomigxas Muffs.

Mi ne parolas Esperanto.
Cxu estas iu cxi tie, kiu parlos la anglan?

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 05:47 AM
You only need English and/or a Romance language to understand all of this.

And I speak both Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 05:52 AM
Hence Esperanto.
It's like Italian, but far less effort.

Though considering Italy is a serious consideration of a potential place to migrate too it may be more beneficial to just learn Italian. And considering I am really not concerned with courting a lovely lady (or gentlemen in this case) the romance part is also debunked as a plausible reason for learning it. I guess all that can be concluded is, I'm bored and why the fuck not?

11-12-2012, 06:27 AM
(11-12-2012 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hence Esperanto.

Though considering Italy is a serious consideration of a potential place to migrate too it may be more beneficial to just learn Italian. And considering I am really not concerned with courting a lovely lady (or gentlemen in this case) the romance part is also debunked as a plausible reason for learning it. I guess all that can be concluded is, I'm bored and why the fuck not?
Though far less beautiful than Italian.

Spanish would be much more useful, as it's spoken in more countries, but usefulness isn't everything... says the person who learnt Portuguese for no other reason that 'why not?' and being bored during the summer holiday in Sweden.

11-12-2012, 06:38 AM
(11-12-2012 06:27 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 05:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Hence Esperanto.

Though far less beautiful than Italian.

Spanish would be much more useful, as it's spoken in more countries, but usefulness isn't everything... says the person who learnt Portuguese for no other reason that 'why not?' and being bored during the summer holiday in Sweden.
No it's not, you gotta hear it. It's fantastic.
And Spanish wouldn't be very helpful. Everyone know knows Spanish knows English anyway.

11-12-2012, 06:42 AM
(11-12-2012 06:38 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  No it's not, you gotta hear it. It's fantastic.
And Spanish wouldn't be very helpful. Everyone know knows Spanish knows English anyway.
Dude, it even looks ugly.

(My mum was actually studying it a long time ago. I think she's even kept the textbook Laughat )

I wouldn't say everyone in Latin America speaks English, though. I think you might be thinking Mexico Smartass

11-12-2012, 06:45 AM
Yea but when am I ever gonna go to Latin America?

And it doesn't look ugly. The "x" represents a little hat thing over the letters it follows, that is just how it is written on the interwebz.

11-12-2012, 06:50 AM
(11-12-2012 06:45 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Yea but when am I ever gonna go to Latin America?

But that's where all the fun is [Image: 421936-i277.photobucket.com-albums-kk43-...eyFace.gif]
I was thinking Asia for my next trip, but it may be South America, again.
Quote:And it doesn't look ugly. The "x" represents a little hat thing over the letters it follows, that is just how it is written on the interwebz.
Nah, I meant more the k's and how it looks like English and Spanish mated, mutated and were then mutilated Big Grin

11-12-2012, 07:23 AM
It's said to be a combination of English and French with a bit of Spanish thrown in and several other European languages.
It's suppose to be very easy for Europeans to not know it, but still be able to understand it.
That, and it's said to make any language (European language that is) much easier to then learn.

Go to Asia, better food and more to see.
Plus, if you've done the Latin America thing it'll be a nice change to see a different culture etc.. You might find you might like Asia more then Latin America.
Just don't go to Tailand, you will die. trufax.

11-12-2012, 07:27 AM
(11-12-2012 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's said to be a combination of English and French with a bit of Spanish thrown in and several other European languages.
It's suppose to be very easy for Europeans to not know it, but still be able to understand it.
That, and it's said to make any language (European language that is) much easier to then learn.

Go to Asia, better food and more to see.
Plus, if you've done the Latin America thing it'll be a nice change to see a different culture etc.. You might find you might like Asia more then Latin America.
Just don't go to Tailand, you will die. trufax.
In all seriousness, I really don't see the usefulness of a man-made language. That's not how languages work. To be honest, I thought the whole Esperanto fad was over. Shows you how much I know. Drinking Beverage

Am still undecided, I'm only been to one country in Latin America (Brazil) so it'll still be a different experience. Ideas are sill percolating in my head. We'll see what I come up with in due time.