Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-07-2017, 07:26 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-07-2017 09:24 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(23-07-2017 09:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  I can't...

She keeps interrupting everyone, and she's the type that if you have a cat she has a tiger. Make.......it........stop.....Angry

Hug

Finally, peace and quiet. As soon as we dropped her off we headed to lunch, started with two Margaritas and then beer. I feel better now. Smile

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post
24-07-2017, 04:12 AM
Wooo another panic-attack filled sleepless night!

Debating whether to call in to work and get some rest...

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
24-07-2017, 04:16 AM
(24-07-2017 04:12 AM)Loom Wrote:  Wooo another panic-attack filled sleepless night!

Do you take any meds loom? I used to be in that situation, although am now taking medication that stops me doing that all night/most of the time.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-07-2017, 04:24 AM
(24-07-2017 04:16 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(24-07-2017 04:12 AM)Loom Wrote:  Wooo another panic-attack filled sleepless night!

Do you take any meds loom? I used to be in that situation, although am now taking medication that stops me doing that all night/most of the time.

I do, and they help with all of my panic attacks except for the ones I have while I'm sleeping. I wake up with a start, confused, sometimes gasping, and with enough adrenaline to run a marathon--there's no chance to calm down. Even with Xanax I'm on edge afterwards, hence no sleep.

It sucks but at least I'm not having them constantly like I was about a year ago.

I just feel awful about needing to call in on occasion when I'm not actually sick, just exhausted.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
24-07-2017, 04:36 AM
Ah fair enough, I didn't used to have them in my sleep, I just wouldn't sleep and have panic attacks instead haha.

Not sure about your workplace, some places are fairly understanding and let you have the time you need, especially if you have a doctors note. Here in the UK it's against the law to discriminate against those who take time with illness/have pre-existing illness, so if you need time off, they would give it to you.

"I don't do magic, Morty, I do science. One takes brains, the other takes dark eye liner" - Rick
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
24-07-2017, 07:19 AM
Fuuuck...

My con plague flu may actually be to tonsillitis. AGAIN.

Every damn year this comes around and put me out of commission, sometimes for a month or more.

And of course I had to get it on the reopening week of uni

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
24-07-2017, 07:20 AM
So, at work, did the sweep and everything and it's like 2 minutes to 1 (I finish at 1). My supervisor calls me over the intercom to his location on the opposite side of the store.
I go over and he points to a bit of paper on the floor and tells me "did you even sweep here, look at that, pick it up" so I look him square in the eyes and say "fuck off, pick it up yourself." and walk off, clock out and leave.
I swept the entire fucking store by myself (a two person job) and when doing rubbish (cardboard and plastic packaging) I spent a good hour picking up uncut boxes and packaging he left laying all over the floor (everyone else cuts up the boxes and puts them neatly in trolleys so at the end of the night the person doing rubbish just needs to collect all the trolleys). So fuck that cunt. Calling me across the store at knock off time to pick up a bit of paper I missed when sweeping when he was standing next to it. Fuck. that. cunt.

Tomorrow is gonna be interesting.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
24-07-2017, 11:18 AM

I hear you girl, it sucks my weed man has disappeared so I can't even use that to get rest. Sad
24-07-2017, 04:59 PM
Update on earlier rants: I survived my first day at new/old job!

My lunch hour starts a half-hour earlier, and I lost 5 minutes off my break, but I still get a day off the phones each week (I'm not on the phones at all for now while I'm training) and thank fuck there was work to do for once. Hobo

It's still odd to be trained when you know about half the stuff they're talking about but don't know the rest, but it's going okay. I paid several bills today. ^__^

There were several girls over there who were very welcoming and nice and the lady training me is really sweet.

I'm sort of between my old desk and my new desk until Wednesday because there is going to be some shifting around of current employees in our four-person cubicle and I'll end up in a spot that one of them vacates. So I'm just in a very spartan area for now, though it doesn't really matter since I'm sitting with the trainer all day at present.

Anyway, it went better than I thought it would. The low point of the day was when I realized there was no way my anxiety was going to let me eat my lunch at my new desk (I have weird social anxiety issues about eating in front of other people). And I couldn't sit at my old desk, either. And sitting in my car was out of the question because I ain't gonna run the air that long and it's too hot to sit out there without it.

But I seem to have solved that problem by eating in the breakroom. There is far less anxiety eating in a place that's designated as a food/drink area than there is when eating at my desk. I actually was even more comfortable eating down there than at my old desk. So I think I will do that from now on. Yes

All in all, a good day.

[+] 2 users Like Escape Artist's post
24-07-2017, 05:20 PM
OMG can people just not with the "Chris Cornell was murdered" conspiracy stuff. I know it is hard to believe he's gone and it's difficult to accept that he would kill himself, but jeez. Hobo

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post