Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-07-2017, 06:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
I completely get the healthcare thing now. My wife and I will both be insured through my employer starting 8/1. Now the whole getting fined for not being able to buy it doesn't seem as bad. I still care, because I know how crippling it is. It just doesn't hurt me any longer.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 07:27 AM
(29-07-2017 04:10 AM)julep Wrote:  
(28-07-2017 09:26 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  If I'm up and running generating revenue I won't need a bank loan. Tongue
The issue with having my parents co-signing is, if things go tits up they're not exactly well off and I'd hate for them to lose the house. They recently sold off the land they had that came with the house and renovated the house. But my dads retired and my mom's not in stable employment. I don't wanna be one of those people that have their parents co-sign for something, can't pay it and their parents are stuck with the bill. If I'm taking the risk it's my responsibility.

All kinds of reasons you'd still need a loan once you're generating revenue. Maybe you want to expand to a new location, upgrade your equipment, load up on inventory, etc.

It's understandable you don't want to risk your family's financial stability. You're a good writer. I bet you'd be able to set up a compelling Go Fund Me page. Maybe that's a way to get some startup money?

Aint noone wanna give me money.
"What's your story Muffs?"
"Well.. I like money and wanna make money... gimmie money so I can make money..."

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2017, 08:51 AM
(29-07-2017 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 04:10 AM)julep Wrote:  All kinds of reasons you'd still need a loan once you're generating revenue. Maybe you want to expand to a new location, upgrade your equipment, load up on inventory, etc.

It's understandable you don't want to risk your family's financial stability. You're a good writer. I bet you'd be able to set up a compelling Go Fund Me page. Maybe that's a way to get some startup money?

Aint noone wanna give me money.
"Well.. I like money and wanna make money... gimmie money so I can make money..."

Switch your career path muffs. I am doing sales and if things keep up, I will be able to borrow money in a year or 2 or in 5 years be able to start my own business with my own money.
29-07-2017, 09:17 AM
Vera and the Virus, episode two:

So, in typical Brazilian fashion, the nasty thing went straight for my chest, it seems Dodgy

Also, one of the worst things about having a cold (besides the pain and stuffed sinuses, that is Rolleyes ) is having to breathe through me ear* mouth. The mouth is *not* for breathing, it is for eating and talking. Just like, as I keep telling Portuguese-speakers, the nose is *not* for talking...

... of course, seeing as the only difference between the words for "bread" and "bread stick" (if you catch my drift, nudge nudge, wink wink) in Portuguese is the nasalisation of the diphthong, it's not like I have much choice...

Also, I am an idiot Confused

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2017, 11:54 AM
So yeah...back in Cheeseland after a long travel day. My parents took me to Cracker Barrel on the way to the airport...it was special. No water refills. Barely saw the waitress at all. Food was lukewarm. But all that is...understandable to an extent. Where it went horribly wrong was the restrooms: my mother said her restroom stunk horribly and there was toilet paper all over the floor. In the men's room, my father and I discovered toilet paper on the floor, a wet floor sign by the urinals where pee was all over the ground around them and some vomit; and there was vomit all over the stall toilet I ended up using (with pee unflushed in the toilet).

The trip didn't get much better from there. Returned an elderly couple's cell phone at the airport, they were in front of me and left it on the counter; glad to have seen it. Got a pre-board on Southwest thankfully! Made it through TSA without issue, again thankfully! Smile Then my first flight was delayed by an hour...and the Boy Scouts showed up. Around 50+ Boy Scouts. I was glad to have pre-board, because everyone in the first boarding group was (rightfully) upset that the Boy Scouts were being given the same treatment that Southwest gives uniformed military personnel, the ability to board before the A-group...so there were people who paid extra for "early bird" check-in to get in that first boarding group, only to have 50+ loud and rude Scouts go before them. The Scouts, other than one Scoutmaster and a kid on crutches, were herded to the back of the plane, where more than once, the flight attendant yelled at them for not keeping their seat belts on, over the PA system.

Land a bit late in Atlanta...it was the best setup ever for running late! Smile Land in gate C21...needed to use the bathroom, it was literally to the left of the gate. So that worked out well. Needed to get to the gate to leave, it was in C22 to the right of it. Tongue Then found out my other flight had been delayed heavily as well, so went just across from the gate to pick up food and a magazine, to settle into my second four hour wait of the day. Anyhow, by the time I got back to my apartment, it was 3am.

(27-07-2017 08:59 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, I've been in town for less than a day and I'm ready to go home. It's about 10 degrees F warmer here than I'm used to and my parents are "conservative" with the air conditioner. Their phone rings off the hook and they glare at me when I reach for food with a disapproving can-you-really-afford-to-eat-that look on their faces.

Did I mention the heat?

Meh.

Sorry Sad My dad was the same way at home. He has a/c in only the living room, a window unit...and rarely wanted to turn it on. <.< In fact he'd turn off the ceiling fan.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
29-07-2017, 12:19 PM
(29-07-2017 11:54 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah...back in Cheeseland after a long travel day. My parents took me to Cracker Barrel on the way to the airport...it was special. No water refills. Barely saw the waitress at all. Food was lukewarm. But all that is...understandable to an extent. Where it went horribly wrong was the restrooms: my mother said her restroom stunk horribly and there was toilet paper all over the floor. In the men's room, my father and I discovered toilet paper on the floor, a wet floor sign by the urinals where pee was all over the ground around them and some vomit; and there was vomit all over the stall toilet I ended up using (with pee unflushed in the toilet).

The trip didn't get much better from there. Returned an elderly couple's cell phone at the airport, they were in front of me and left it on the counter; glad to have seen it. Got a pre-board on Southwest thankfully! Made it through TSA without issue, again thankfully! Smile Then my first flight was delayed by an hour...and the Boy Scouts showed up. Around 50+ Boy Scouts. I was glad to have pre-board, because everyone in the first boarding group was (rightfully) upset that the Boy Scouts were being given the same treatment that Southwest gives uniformed military personnel, the ability to board before the A-group...so there were people who paid extra for "early bird" check-in to get in that first boarding group, only to have 50+ loud and rude Scouts go before them. The Scouts, other than one Scoutmaster and a kid on crutches, were herded to the back of the plane, where more than once, the flight attendant yelled at them for not keeping their seat belts on, over the PA system.

Land a bit late in Atlanta...it was the best setup ever for running late! Smile Land in gate C21...needed to use the bathroom, it was literally to the left of the gate. So that worked out well. Needed to get to the gate to leave, it was in C22 to the right of it. Tongue Then found out my other flight had been delayed heavily as well, so went just across from the gate to pick up food and a magazine, to settle into my second four hour wait of the day. Anyhow, by the time I got back to my apartment, it was 3am.

(27-07-2017 08:59 AM)Aliza Wrote:  Okay, I've been in town for less than a day and I'm ready to go home. It's about 10 degrees F warmer here than I'm used to and my parents are "conservative" with the air conditioner. Their phone rings off the hook and they glare at me when I reach for food with a disapproving can-you-really-afford-to-eat-that look on their faces.

Did I mention the heat?

Meh.

Sorry Sad My dad was the same way at home. He has a/c in only the living room, a window unit...and rarely wanted to turn it on. <.< In fact he'd turn off the ceiling fan.

Speaking of TSA. I got a special screening when I went back to NJ to get my wife. I flew with nothing but the clothes on my back, wallet, keys, and cell phone. I guess they thought I was suspicious.
29-07-2017, 02:10 PM
As though the chore of grocery shopping doesn't suck enough...

...they are completely rearranging the store where I usually shop. There are big barriers all over and things moved to really stupid places...why would I go over near the greeting cards, seasonal crap, and office supplies to find cake mix? And why are things like cake mixes and other baking related items now twelve aisles over from things like sugar and flour?

Grabbed a few things and got out of there...it's like a freaking scavenger hunt to find even the most basic things now.

Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
29-07-2017, 04:46 PM
(29-07-2017 08:51 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 07:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Aint noone wanna give me money.

Switch your career path muffs. I am doing sales and if things keep up, I will be able to borrow money in a year or 2 or in 5 years be able to start my own business with my own money.

Oh ok, I'll just go out there and get a job that doesn't fucking exist, because I haven't been trying that for the last couple years...

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2017, 04:58 PM
(29-07-2017 02:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As though the chore of grocery shopping doesn't suck enough...

...they are completely rearranging the store where I usually shop. There are big barriers all over and things moved to really stupid places...why would I go over near the greeting cards, seasonal crap, and office supplies to find cake mix? And why are things like cake mixes and other baking related items now twelve aisles over from things like sugar and flour?

Grabbed a few things and got out of there...it's like a freaking scavenger hunt to find even the most basic things now.

Censored

They have a very good reason for this. The average shopper has a list of about 100-110 items they buy at the store of those 99 never change. This is especially true if the stores layout has been in place for more than 2 years. People learn the layout and then go right to the items they normally buy bypassing everything else. When a store changes it's layout people take longer looking for things and end up buying 15-20 different items from their normal shopping habits. It is in a stores best interest to change it's layout every few years so that it's regular customers add items to their 100 items. The way it is laid out is relatively unimportant just that it changes.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
29-07-2017, 05:27 PM
(29-07-2017 12:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 11:54 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  So yeah...back in Cheeseland after a long travel day. My parents took me to Cracker Barrel on the way to the airport...it was special. No water refills. Barely saw the waitress at all. Food was lukewarm. But all that is...understandable to an extent. Where it went horribly wrong was the restrooms: my mother said her restroom stunk horribly and there was toilet paper all over the floor. In the men's room, my father and I discovered toilet paper on the floor, a wet floor sign by the urinals where pee was all over the ground around them and some vomit; and there was vomit all over the stall toilet I ended up using (with pee unflushed in the toilet).

Speaking of TSA. I got a special screening when I went back to NJ to get my wife. I flew with nothing but the clothes on my back, wallet, keys, and cell phone. I guess they thought I was suspicious.

That or just lucky? Last time they did a further inspection of my laptop, this time they just let it through. The TSA works in mysterious ways? Wink

Need to think of a witty signature.