Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-07-2017, 06:16 PM
RE: Ranting corner
It was bound to happen, today I got envenomated by a Lionfish spine. Imagine taking a hammer and smashing the nail on your finger. Yeah, that’s what it felt like for about an hour. Sadcryface2

Luckily I was prepared and had hot water on the boat to denature the venom so while there was pain and some inflammation it is now almost back to normal with no blistering or necrosis.

[Image: sfl-lionfish-anatomy]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-07-2017, 06:46 PM
(29-07-2017 06:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It was bound to happen, today I got envenomated by a Lionfish spine. Imagine taking a hammer and smashing the nail on your finger. Yeah, that’s what it felt like for about an hour. Sadcryface2

Luckily I was prepared and had hot water on the boat to denature the venom so while there was pain and some inflammation it is now almost back to normal with no blistering or necrosis.

Hug
29-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Revenge of the lionfish! (It was lionfish you regularly exterminate, right? Or am mistaken? Yet again)

How does this make you feel?

[Image: reverse-33yu20502sw.gif]

I actually rather like this song...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
29-07-2017, 07:30 PM
(29-07-2017 06:16 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  It was bound to happen, today I got envenomated by a Lionfish spine. Imagine taking a hammer and smashing the nail on your finger. Yeah, that’s what it felt like for about an hour. Sadcryface2

Ooo fuck damn.

[Image: oscar.png]
29-07-2017, 07:30 PM
(29-07-2017 04:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 02:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  As though the chore of grocery shopping doesn't suck enough...

...they are completely rearranging the store where I usually shop. There are big barriers all over and things moved to really stupid places...why would I go over near the greeting cards, seasonal crap, and office supplies to find cake mix? And why are things like cake mixes and other baking related items now twelve aisles over from things like sugar and flour?

Grabbed a few things and got out of there...it's like a freaking scavenger hunt to find even the most basic things now.

Censored

They have a very good reason for this. The average shopper has a list of about 100-110 items they buy at the store of those 99 never change. This is especially true if the stores layout has been in place for more than 2 years. People learn the layout and then go right to the items they normally buy bypassing everything else. When a store changes it's layout people take longer looking for things and end up buying 15-20 different items from their normal shopping habits. It is in a stores best interest to change it's layout every few years so that it's regular customers add items to their 100 items. The way it is laid out is relatively unimportant just that it changes.

Oh, I am aware of that tactic. This is major stuff including moving freezers and coolers...it's a damn mess.

To further piss me off are the number of items I buy regularly that are now only available in the store brand...which isn't what I want for some items. I hate the idea of having to go to multiple stores to buy what I want in the brand I want.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-07-2017, 08:23 PM

Oh gosh, that sounds so horrible! I'm glad things seem to be okay.
29-07-2017, 10:28 PM

Angry Kill them all! Well, let the ones in their natural habitat live, OK? Sorry to see you got jabbed. Ohmy
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
30-07-2017, 10:29 AM

Ohmy Wow dude. Holy shit. Hope you're feeling better now Smile

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
30-07-2017, 11:34 AM
I hope today has been a lot better!

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
30-07-2017, 11:39 AM

How are you doing?

With all the pics I have seen of these fish you and your crew have caught, I am sort of surprised it just now happened.

Hope there are better days ahead for you.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat