30-07-2017, 01:47 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh, read. I could read. Yes

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2017, 06:27 AM
(29-07-2017 05:27 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(29-07-2017 12:19 PM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Speaking of TSA. I got a special screening when I went back to NJ to get my wife. I flew with nothing but the clothes on my back, wallet, keys, and cell phone. I guess they thought I was suspicious.

That or just lucky? Last time they did a further inspection of my laptop, this time they just let it through. The TSA works in mysterious ways? Wink

I wasn't able to print a boarding pass because I was not checking a bag. My ticket which I had to ask for at the counter looked far different than anyone else's.
[+] 2 users Like Birdguy1979's post
31-07-2017, 07:22 AM
I got tired of schlepping clothes back and forth on the plane when I worked in Florida. I simply bought more clothes so that I had enough on each coast. So, I only had my laptop and a small bag. But I didn't get any hassle. I haven't flown since '07, though.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
31-07-2017, 07:36 AM
Going to work tomorrow. Couldn't be happier Rolleyes

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
31-07-2017, 08:26 AM
(31-07-2017 07:22 AM)Fireball Wrote:  I got tired of schlepping clothes back and forth on the plane when I worked in Florida. I simply bought more clothes so that I had enough on each coast. So, I only had my laptop and a small bag. But I didn't get any hassle. I haven't flown since '07, though.

We didn't get hassled, exactly, but when we flew to Paris for a weekend without checked luggage this year, we had to resubmit our passports and IDs at the gate before we were cleared for boarding the plane. This only happened on the US side, though; on our return trip we didn't have that extra step.
31-07-2017, 09:50 AM
(30-07-2017 01:47 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Oh, read. I could read. Yes

I spent most of my weekend reading -- and it was a great weekend!
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
31-07-2017, 11:35 AM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 11:39 AM by Vera.)
Why people assume you *want* to listen to their music while they're listening to it, is something my stupid, I-am-not-alone-on-this-Earth-other-people-have-personal-spaces-too self will never understand.

Earphones, you selfish prick, USE THEM.

[Image: e515d011b540b0b71572771363e3e8b9--skull-...ll-diy.jpg]

Seriously, what's it with people and wanting to announce their presence with as much noise as possible!

Hurry up, Tuesday and a house all to meself!

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
31-07-2017, 06:10 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2017 06:14 PM by Vera.)
Fucking hell! German tourists in the house - listening to THE most popular bossa nova about Rio there is, so that every single person in the entire HUGE house can hear it. We're on vacation in Brazil, jawohl! Someone kill me jetzt!

I'm pretty sure they're STREAMING it, too, using the bandwidth that we ALL have to share.

[Image: Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif]

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 3 users Like Vera's post
31-07-2017, 11:42 PM
The NZ election is spicing up, less than 2 months now. The excitement is building. Though I feel my party wont win this time sadly, they don't have any viable coalition parties and the left is swimming in them. National will likely get 48% but still lose to a coalition of Labor (who will likely get around 25%), Greens (probably around 15%) and NZ First (a populist party run by a total cunt, probably around 11%) which will be unfortunate. But hey, at least Trump wont be our PM...