Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-08-2017, 09:18 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(31-07-2017 06:10 PM)Vera Wrote:  Fucking hell! German tourists in the house - listening to THE most popular bossa nova about Rio there is, so that every single person in the entire HUGE house can hear it. We're on vacation in Brazil, jawohl! Someone kill me jetzt!

I'm pretty sure they're STREAMING it, too, using the bandwidth that we ALL have to share.

[Image: Judge-Judy-Shake-My-Head-Gif_zps66b02891.gif]

Tomorrow cannot come soon enough!

Could be worse -- around here, if someone is forcing everyone else to listen to his personal choice of music, there's a 99% chance that the music is rap/hip-hop. Nothing against rap/hip-hop, really, but just once, I'd like to hear a car radio blaring Bach or Duke Ellington -- or even bossa nova!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
01-08-2017, 09:29 AM
(01-08-2017 09:18 AM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Could be worse -- around here, if someone is forcing everyone else to listen to his personal choice of music, there's a 99% chance that the music is rap/hip-hop. Nothing against rap/hip-hop, really, but just once, I'd like to hear a car radio blaring Bach or Duke Ellington -- or even bossa nova!

Or, the bossa nova (which is nice) did *not* last long and we did veer into you-call-this-music?!?! territory Dodgy

I should totally put one of my countertenors as loud as I can. See how *they* like them apples!

Seriously, the selfishness and inconsiderateness of people never cease to amaze me. Like, last time I was in Rio, and for several days had to share a room with several people, in the middle of freaking Rio summer (if you haven't experienced it, it cannot be described) and we only had a revolving fan and someone in the room not once, but twice paused it, so that it would stop revolving and only blow in her direction. Why no, the rest of us are not hot at all, we're cold-blooded, lizard-people, you $#*&%! Censored

Am going to a house all to myself in about half an hour though. YAY! [Image: dance4.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
01-08-2017, 12:11 PM
There have been times when I have threatened to counter-attack window-rattling rap-crap with such ditties as Sonny and Cher, The Partridge Family, Bobby Sherman. But then I took pity on the rest of the neighbors. And anyway that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Except for Cher. I admit it, I like Cher. Without Sonny.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
01-08-2017, 01:27 PM
Yeah, I get people pulling up beside me at a stop signal, with that shit blaring away. I just roll down the window and crank up some Black Sabbath, or something similar. The cheeky bastards have the nerve to give me a dirty look, to which I just smirk.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-08-2017, 03:02 PM
(01-08-2017 01:27 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Yeah, I get people pulling up beside me at a stop signal, with that shit blaring away. I just roll down the window and crank up some Black Sabbath, or something similar. The cheeky bastards have the nerve to give me a dirty look, to which I just smirk.

Retaliation is the only thing some people learn from.
01-08-2017, 03:49 PM
(01-08-2017 12:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  There have been times when I have threatened to counter-attack window-rattling rap-crap with such ditties as Sonny and Cher, The Partridge Family, Bobby Sherman. But then I took pity on the rest of the neighbors. And anyway that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Except for Cher. I admit it, I like Cher. Without Sonny.

When I lived in SoCal, I had a downstairs neighbor who regularly woke me up at 7am on Saturdays blasting conjunto music. Now, I detest waking up early on the first day of my weekend, and I especially hate conjunto music, so after the third or fourth weekend of this horseshit, I cranked up my 100w/4-speaker stereo, with all the speakers facing down on the floor, and gave him 20 minutes of John Coltrane's A Love Supreme.

Problem solved. Smile
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
01-08-2017, 04:17 PM
(01-08-2017 03:49 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 12:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  There have been times when I have threatened to counter-attack window-rattling rap-crap with such ditties as Sonny and Cher, The Partridge Family, Bobby Sherman. But then I took pity on the rest of the neighbors. And anyway that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Except for Cher. I admit it, I like Cher. Without Sonny.

When I lived in SoCal, I had a downstairs neighbor who regularly woke me up at 7am on Saturdays blasting conjunto music. Now, I detest waking up early on the first day of my weekend, and I especially hate conjunto music, so after the third or fourth weekend of this horseshit, I cranked up my 100w/4-speaker stereo, with all the speakers facing down on the floor, and gave him 20 minutes of John Coltrane's A Love Supreme.

Problem solved. Smile

I had a similar problem once -- an upstairs neighbor who fancied himself as a blues guitarist, and would play along, badly and at top volume, with recordings. Now, I love me some good blues, but this guy needed a lot more practice before he had the right to play that loud. I solved that problem with some high-volume Bach organ music aimed in his direction.
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
01-08-2017, 04:56 PM
So, I'm the only person on the planet that didn't know that PS3 games, can't be played on the PS4.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-08-2017, 04:58 PM
(01-08-2017 04:56 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So, I'm the only person on the planet that didn't know that PS3 games, can't be played on the PS4.

Uh, no. I have no clue about gaming systems of any sort.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
01-08-2017, 05:17 PM
Those are game somethings, I gather?
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post