Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-08-2017, 12:06 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Hey, kiddo, my apathy meter is pegged right now. Maybe one day a simple question of "What're you up to?" won't get you bent out of shape ... but I won't hold my breath, or your bags.

I'll make sure I don't express curiosity about you again.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2017, 07:23 AM
So, guy came into work and came up to me and was like "hey, can I talk to you about something?", me thinking it was work related of course said "sure" to which he said "I wanna commit suicide".

So that was a thing I had to deal with at work tonight.

[Image: oscar.png]
02-08-2017, 07:58 AM
(01-08-2017 12:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  There have been times when I have threatened to counter-attack window-rattling rap-crap with such ditties as Sonny and Cher, The Partridge Family, Bobby Sherman. But then I took pity on the rest of the neighbors. And anyway that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Except for Cher. I admit it, I like Cher. Without Sonny.

"I've Got You Babe"

"I Think I Love You"

"Julie, Do Ya Love Me"

Ah, the old people memories....

Hobo
[+] 2 users Like Thoreauvian's post
02-08-2017, 12:13 PM
(02-08-2017 07:58 AM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(01-08-2017 12:11 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  There have been times when I have threatened to counter-attack window-rattling rap-crap with such ditties as Sonny and Cher, The Partridge Family, Bobby Sherman. But then I took pity on the rest of the neighbors. And anyway that would be cutting off my nose to spite my face. Except for Cher. I admit it, I like Cher. Without Sonny.

"I've Got You Babe"

"I Think I Love You"

"Julie, Do Ya Love Me"

Ah, the old people memories....

Hobo

Ride, I used to jump my horse and ride... [Image: srider.gif]

... and then I got a concussion *and* amnesia and after another incident of jump, I used to jump OFF my horse, before we reached the zebras and wildebeests, that was kinda that...

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
02-08-2017, 01:29 PM
(02-08-2017 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, guy came into work and came up to me and was like "hey, can I talk to you about something?", me thinking it was work related of course said "sure" to which he said "I wanna commit suicide".

Oh wow!

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-08-2017, 02:24 PM
My mother used to play Gypsy's, Tramps and Thieves and sing along with it. I wish I had learned to play it on the ukulele before she died. She loved Cher.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
03-08-2017, 07:41 AM
Mates coming over so how does this sound for lunch?
Sirloin steak (they're only half thickness anyway, so good for a sandwich) sandwich (because I'm not paying for fucking scotch fillet) with a homemade baby tomato relish thing, with either whole grain dijon mustard or bbq sauce (because that's the two sauces I already have) on some sort of fancy-ish lightly toasted bread bun. Maybe with a small side of hot chips (probably not homemade because I can't be fucked and I haven't soaked them overnight), ideally I'd do curly fries but the grocery store I go to now doesn't sell them so it'd probably just be wedges, maybe spicey ones because he likes spicy shit. It's not overly filling by lunch doesn't always have to be, I gotta remember I'm pretty much alone in this world as a person who only eats one large fucking meal a day.

My only concern is if the steak is too chewing for a sandwich. Like, you need that shit moist and ready to fall the fuck apart. Maybe I wack them in the dutch oven after lightly browning them with a nob of butter, some rosemary (I know you're suppose to use time, but IMO rosemary works better for steak) and garlic and just low and slow cook that shit for like half an hour on like 180 C or something. Hopefully the butter and juices keep the half steaks moist as fuck and melt in your mouth. But melt in your mouth, moist as fuck I'm probably not going to get on the range even with a constant basting of butter. It's annoying because whenever I have my steak (usually once a week) I always angle slice it after resting before putting it on the plate because a) it looks nicer and b) I'm lazy as shit and don't wanna be slicing shit with a knife at my computer desk and instead just wanna poke at it with a fork. So I don't really know how my typical steak cooking would be inside of a sandwich situation.

[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
03-08-2017, 07:48 AM
(02-08-2017 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  So, guy came into work and came up to me and was like "hey, can I talk to you about something?", me thinking it was work related of course said "sure" to which he said "I wanna commit suicide".

Craziest thing I ever dealt with on a job was at a Shoprite. First job I ever had. It was near closing time 9:55pm. A car pulled up outside and the driver was clearly laughing his ass off. The passenger got out and came into the store, wearing a METS t-shirt, a pair of sneakers, and a big blue baby diaper. The store management wrote up everyone that laughed. I held my laughter until I saw where he pulled the money out of to give to the cashier. Then I lost all control.
[+] 1 user Likes Birdguy1979's post
03-08-2017, 12:28 PM
(03-08-2017 07:41 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Mates coming over so how does this sound for lunch?
Sirloin steak (they're only half thickness anyway, so good for a sandwich) sandwich (because I'm not paying for fucking scotch fillet) with a homemade baby tomato relish thing, with either whole grain dijon mustard or bbq sauce (because that's the two sauces I already have) on some sort of fancy-ish lightly toasted bread bun. Maybe with a small side of hot chips (probably not homemade because I can't be fucked and I haven't soaked them overnight), ideally I'd do curly fries but the grocery store I go to now doesn't sell them so it'd probably just be wedges, maybe spicey ones because he likes spicy shit. It's not overly filling by lunch doesn't always have to be, I gotta remember I'm pretty much alone in this world as a person who only eats one large fucking meal a day.

My only concern is if the steak is too chewing for a sandwich. Like, you need that shit moist and ready to fall the fuck apart. Maybe I wack them in the dutch oven after lightly browning them with a nob of butter, some rosemary (I know you're suppose to use time, but IMO rosemary works better for steak) and garlic and just low and slow cook that shit for like half an hour on like 180 C or something. Hopefully the butter and juices keep the half steaks moist as fuck and melt in your mouth. But melt in your mouth, moist as fuck I'm probably not going to get on the range even with a constant basting of butter. It's annoying because whenever I have my steak (usually once a week) I always angle slice it after resting before putting it on the plate because a) it looks nicer and b) I'm lazy as shit and don't wanna be slicing shit with a knife at my computer desk and instead just wanna poke at it with a fork. So I don't really know how my typical steak cooking would be inside of a sandwich situation.

The cooking method does intrigue me. I agree with you on the Rosemary, I love thyme, but rosemary on steak is awesome.

Chop it super fine though and make sure it's nice and fresh.

The steak, sounds like you know already how to slice it. Smile

I'd go with super thin slices myself if you're just searing it.

I just did that a few weeks ago for dinner. I used a nice petitte sirloin, seared it with garlic butter and rosemary. Then sliced it super thin...it was gorgeous to behold.

Let me know how your cooking method goes.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-08-2017, 05:53 PM
Yea I was thinking I'd just slice it. Be easier to eat in a sandwich anyway than just a slab of steak.