meh.

I hear Vietnam is nice (seriously).

Bonan nokton.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-12-2012, 07:47 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh, I know it is. A lot of countries are. I'll most probably be volunteering, so this is gonna be a factor, as well. But recommendations are always welcome.

Bonan. Or is the short version just nokton?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-12-2012, 08:42 AM
(11-12-2012 07:27 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 07:23 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  It's said to be a combination of English and French with a bit of Spanish thrown in and several other European languages.
It's suppose to be very easy for Europeans to not know it, but still be able to understand it.
That, and it's said to make any language (European language that is) much easier to then learn.

Go to Asia, better food and more to see.
Plus, if you've done the Latin America thing it'll be a nice change to see a different culture etc.. You might find you might like Asia more then Latin America.
Just don't go to Tailand, you will die. trufax.
In all seriousness, I really don't see the usefulness of a man-made language. That's not how languages work. To be honest, I thought the whole Esperanto fad was over. Shows you how much I know. Drinking Beverage

Am still undecided, I'm only been to one country in Latin America (Brazil) so it'll still be a different experience. Ideas are sill percolating in my head. We'll see what I come up with in due time.
Esperanto is pretty much a dead end.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
11-12-2012, 08:49 AM
(11-12-2012 08:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-12-2012 07:27 AM)Vera Wrote:  In all seriousness, I really don't see the usefulness of a man-made language. That's not how languages work. To be honest, I thought the whole Esperanto fad was over. Shows you how much I know. Drinking Beverage

Am still undecided, I'm only been to one country in Latin America (Brazil) so it'll still be a different experience. Ideas are sill percolating in my head. We'll see what I come up with in due time.
Esperanto is pretty much a dead end.
That's what I thought before that bowl of cereal, Muffs, started messing with my head.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I'd like for my reputation to be increased a bit, ok I'm done.
11-12-2012, 12:56 PM
I think that my boyfriend should learn to play violin.
PLEASE
11-12-2012, 01:51 PM
(11-12-2012 07:47 AM)Vera Wrote:  Bonan. Or is the short version just nokton?
Fucked if I know.

Quote:Esperanto is pretty much a dead end.

Pretty much implies that it still has at least some uses. Drinking Beverage

11-12-2012, 06:26 PM
Jesus fucking Christ it is so fucking hot today. Sweating like a fucking pig (fun fact: pigs don't actually sweat).

11-12-2012, 09:47 PM
Holy fucking shit! There was a shooting at my mall! Yanno like while I was there with my son! Fucking scary shit. 2 people were killed. Gunman dead. We were just walking in to a gift card for the movie theater when I heard gun shots. I grabbed my son and we ran out the door. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with people today???

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-12-2012, 12:34 AM
(11-12-2012 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Holy fucking shit! There was a shooting at my mall! Yanno like while I was there with my son! Fucking scary shit. 2 people were killed. Gunman dead. We were just walking in to a gift card for the movie theater when I heard gun shots. I grabbed my son and we ran out the door. Seriously what the fuck is wrong with people today???
Jesus fucking Christ! Scary shit alright.

I must say, there is something rather terrifying about the thought of a person that goes on a shooting spree with no regard for their own life let alone for the people they are shooting at.