Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
10-08-2017, 02:13 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(10-08-2017 02:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's a night market just down the road every Saturday night, I had thought about going there. The issue is that that's a very different 'audience' to where we wanna be.
Where I live, Hamilton, there's like two sides to this city. The city central (where I work and live) which is dying, empty stores everywhere. And 'The Base' where everything is.
The 'audience' is different.

And waffles, not pancakes. And we'd still need waffle irons and a sauce of power.

I assume you're wanting to target "the Base" then. Still. I'd be nervous about making a big upfront investment. Far rather experiment and dip your toe in. If you've not invested much, you don't have much to lose if things go tits up. Waffles may be possible to do as an experiment too, is there a particular reason you like them? I like gas 'cos it's easy to transport and set up your food store anywhere. But yeah, if you need electricity that's a bit trickier.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-08-2017, 02:27 AM
(10-08-2017 02:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 02:07 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  There's a night market just down the road every Saturday night, I had thought about going there. The issue is that that's a very different 'audience' to where we wanna be.
Where I live, Hamilton, there's like two sides to this city. The city central (where I work and live) which is dying, empty stores everywhere. And 'The Base' where everything is.
The 'audience' is different.

And waffles, not pancakes. And we'd still need waffle irons and a sauce of power.

I assume you're wanting to target "the Base" then. Still. I'd be nervous about making a big upfront investment. Far rather experiment and dip your toe in. If you've not invested much, you don't have much to lose if things go tits up. Waffles may be possible to do as an experiment too, is there a particular reason you like them? I like gas 'cos it's easy to transport and set up your food store anywhere. But yeah, if you need electricity that's a bit trickier.

We've agreed waffles are the best bet for several reasons. a) there's no place that does them around here. b) margins are good. c) they're flexible, you can a lot with/to them. d) they go well with coffee, another high margin product (and people will buy coffee and a waffle in one purchase). e) they're a breakfast/lunch/evening snack/meal. f) they're very very easy to make.

I got no problem with gas, just that we'd need to have a waffle iron to make waffles and that requires power.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
10-08-2017, 02:53 PM
When a shit vlogger says "I literally died" when he's not dead, part of me wishes he was dead... literally.

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 3 users Like ELK12695's post
10-08-2017, 03:10 PM
I've listened to this song... over and over. Fuck what's wrong with me? It's a beautiful tune. But it's gonna be engraved on brain. And I'm gonna get sick of it. Fuck. I gotta stop. One more time.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
11-08-2017, 05:12 AM
(10-08-2017 03:10 PM)morondog Wrote:  I've listened to this song... over and over. Fuck what's wrong with me? It's a beautiful tune. But it's gonna be engraved on brain. And I'm gonna get sick of it. Fuck. I gotta stop. One more time.

I do this constantly. I find a song I like and listen to it for like a week straight. Then I'll get disgustingly sick of it, never listen to it again for 6 months and move on to another song.

Likewise, I find a recipe I like, I'll cook it for like 2 weeks straight before moving on to something else and cooking that 2 weeks straight etc..

I have a folder of songs that's my playlist and the only reason why I know the words to every single one of them is that I've listened to every single one of them individually for like a week straight.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
11-08-2017, 05:43 AM
Day two of 'my stomach hates me'. UGH!

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
11-08-2017, 06:51 AM
(10-08-2017 02:27 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(10-08-2017 02:13 AM)morondog Wrote:  I assume you're wanting to target "the Base" then. Still. I'd be nervous about making a big upfront investment. Far rather experiment and dip your toe in. If you've not invested much, you don't have much to lose if things go tits up. Waffles may be possible to do as an experiment too, is there a particular reason you like them? I like gas 'cos it's easy to transport and set up your food store anywhere. But yeah, if you need electricity that's a bit trickier.

We've agreed waffles are the best bet for several reasons. a) there's no place that does them around here. b) margins are good. c) they're flexible, you can a lot with/to them. d) they go well with coffee, another high margin product (and people will buy coffee and a waffle in one purchase). e) they're a breakfast/lunch/evening snack/meal. f) they're very very easy to make.

I got no problem with gas, just that we'd need to have a waffle iron to make waffles and that requires power.

Need maple syrup????

I happen to know a guy..........

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
11-08-2017, 12:03 PM
Started as a rant but turned out well.

The air conditioner we had to have put in last summer started leaking last night and making a mess of the new ceiling in the master bedroom (from the storm repairs last summer). Called the company who installed it...they came out and fixed it and will be paying to have the ceiling fixed.

Guess how many days were left on the warranty? One - today.

They goofed up the drain during installation so it's all on them...no cost to us for a change.

Went from Weeping to Big Grin in a matter of hours. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
11-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Fucking Amazon, they're totally useless, cunts promised to deliver two books today, but no show, I'll never use them again, incompetent bastard fucktards. Angry
11-08-2017, 12:31 PM
(11-08-2017 12:21 PM)adey67 Wrote:  Fucking Amazon, they're totally useless, cunts promised to deliver two books today, but no show, I'll never use them again, incompetent bastard fucktards. Angry

Must be different in the UK. Almost everything I order arrives in two days or less....I have even had things delivered the same day I placed the order...once was even on a Sunday.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post