Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
12-08-2017, 04:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
The weather here is so damn strange.

Husband fired up the grill so we could have some steaks and seemingly out of nowhere the bottom fell out...not sprinkles building up to heavy rain...just pouring, all of a sudden.

Big bolt of lightning and thunderclap and out went the power. Luckily the potatoes were out of the oven and the grill was lit.

We stood and waited...power outages are usually only a flicker. After about five minutes we figured it wasn't coming back on and were glad that dinner was taken care of. Then...another huge bolt of lightning and thunderclap and the power came back on at the same time. Weird.

Steaks were great!

It's still pouring. Of course it's pouring since I filled the pool earlier today. Facepalm

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
12-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Apparently so, Loom.

Also, I went to an indigenous peoples event today (in my favourite park here)... and just discovered I've recorded literally the last five seconds of a song several of the men started singing for no other reason, than just because and it was a really beautiful song and a nice, non-scripted moment... and I'm an idiot.

The song was really nice and I'm really mad at myself. Would be doing this right now if forehead didn't hurt like sin.

[Image: giphy.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
12-08-2017, 05:54 PM
(12-08-2017 04:51 PM)Anjele Wrote:  The weather here is so damn strange.

Husband fired up the grill so we could have some steaks and seemingly out of nowhere the bottom fell out...not sprinkles building up to heavy rain...just pouring, all of a sudden.

Big bolt of lightning and thunderclap and out went the power. Luckily the potatoes were out of the oven and the grill was lit.

We stood and waited...power outages are usually only a flicker. After about five minutes we figured it wasn't coming back on and were glad that dinner was taken care of. Then...another huge bolt of lightning and thunderclap and the power came back on at the same time. Weird.

Steaks were great!

It's still pouring. Of course it's pouring since I filled the pool earlier today. Facepalm

Heh, one time we were grilling steaks outside while there was a tornado flattening a starbucks a couple miles away Tongue

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
12-08-2017, 10:39 PM
Hey, goddamnit, I just want you to know I love you!

I dunno if that's a rant, confession, or just pointing out the obvious ... and I really don't care. I enjoy the time we spend together and especially these last few day, rough as they got sometimes -- I know you're the gal for me. Always and forever, baby.

Okay, that was a sort of weak rant ... but you know how that goes.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
13-08-2017, 04:57 PM
I hate dealing with computer stuff!

I got a cool new (to me) laptop, but of course there were issues moving stuff off the old laptop to this one...

Then I totally screwed up my iTunes, which naturally took longer than it should have taken to sort out. Then I had a further pissy fit because i couldn't find one song which turned out that i was spelling it wrong!

I'm beyond numb.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2017, 05:08 PM
iTunes has always given me a fit when switching to new computer. Lats time I had to get an Apple tech on the phone to help me. My damn email address with them is wrong (missing a ".") and they "have no way of changing it," so the normal process of forgot password doesn't work. I have SOOOOO thought I lost all my itunes forever, more than once. They now backup to external hard drive along with everything else. I guess.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
13-08-2017, 05:15 PM
(13-08-2017 04:57 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I hate dealing with computer stuff!

I got a cool new (to me) laptop, but of course there were issues moving stuff off the old laptop to this one...

Then I totally screwed up my iTunes, which naturally took longer than it should have taken to sort out. Then I had a further pissy fit because i couldn't find one song which turned out that i was spelling it wrong!

I'm beyond numb.

I have frequent battles with iTunes...without even changing devices. I spent so much time fighting it over the years...and I don't even bother with my music library any more, I use Pandora for music. I only use iTunes for podcasts.

Finally, I changed my password to a variation of Applesux so I don't forget it...ever. Censored

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
13-08-2017, 05:20 PM
Annnnnd I'm back.....

[Image: b5be1447899d1647cf4237982f7d61bb.gif]

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 4 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
13-08-2017, 07:10 PM
You know how sometimes people have a "faith crisis" or "religious doubts" or something like that? Well, people like this always reinforce my atheist convictions if they ever get shaky:

http://click1.mail.patheos.com/t.do?id=7...E450E58360

Crazies like that make me [Image: sick-penguin-smiley-emoticon.gif]

Can somebody tell me how this is NOT "hate speech" and how someone calling for this kind of violence continues to be allowed to spew this kind of crap? Yeah, yeah, free speech and all that but you can't yell "fire" in a theater and I just don't get how someone can get away with promoting hate crimes like this.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
13-08-2017, 07:17 PM
Feeling unappreciated
Bending over backwards to help people and no one offers to help me.

So Tired. Insomnia.

I am in a terrible mood Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post