Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-08-2017, 08:50 AM
RE: Ranting corner
It typically ramps up hard when I am stressed out. Being a working mom is no friggin joke, especially during the summer when you feel pulled in 20 directions and want to make happy memories for your kids but still have deadlines and a house to maintain and friendships/relationships to maintain and you are the go-to person for EVERYTHING. Sorry, bit of a tangent there. lol

Sorry you have to deal with this all the time Sad Sleep deprivation suuuuuucks.

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like ShadowProject's post
14-08-2017, 08:55 AM
(14-08-2017 08:49 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I've not slept properly in like 4 weeks. no matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up between 3:30am or 5am....It's wearing me out. And the worst part is, I can't get back to sleep. Like I'm really tired, so I'll shut my eyes....and I'm just awake with my eyes shut, if that makes sense.

About a week ago I woke up following a panic attack in my sleep, which was the first one I've ever had, so I was in full fight-or-flight mode...at 5am...and it was the weekend, so i could have slept in a bit.

[Image: iGog10.gif]
"FFFFFUUUUU..."

Early morning waking can be a sign of depression can you get yourself checked out ? I know money is an issue for you but better to try and nip it in the bud if you can.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-08-2017, 09:00 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2017 09:03 AM by OakTree500.)
(14-08-2017 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 08:49 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  I've not slept properly in like 4 weeks. no matter what time I go to bed, I always wake up between 3:30am or 5am....It's wearing me out. And the worst part is, I can't get back to sleep. Like I'm really tired, so I'll shut my eyes....and I'm just awake with my eyes shut, if that makes sense.

About a week ago I woke up following a panic attack in my sleep, which was the first one I've ever had, so I was in full fight-or-flight mode...at 5am...and it was the weekend, so i could have slept in a bit.

[Image: iGog10.gif]
"FFFFFUUUUU..."

Early morning waking can be a sign of depression can you get yourself checked out ? I know money is an issue for you but better to try and nip it in the bud if you can.

I've been through depression and compared to that time, I don't feel depressed at least. Generally, I have an Anxiety disorder which I take medication for (one for the anxiety and beta blockers for the physical symptoms like shaking/twitching etc), so it's not like it's completely out of the blue, but it's just pissing me off as I used to be like the best sleeper in the world lol. As a teen I could sleep in until like 1pm. I mean yeah, I get up at a reasonable time now, for work or if I have something to do, and with kids a "sleep in" for me is now like 9am max....but in these past few months or so, it's been like 4am every day and I'm just tired all the time. Have tried going bed earlier and later, but still the same.

I do see my doctor regularly, so will bring it up next time I'm in, but it's just pissing me off a bit.

Edit: and the money stuff is a worry, but again it's not new. It's getting to me a bit that I'm not far off from paying it all off, (my debts), and in the grand scheme of things, it's that much either, but as I dont have any savings, it'll be another year + half until it's done. Just another thing on the list of "OF COURSE IT IS" when it comes to my life I think lol.

Quote:Son of an owl!
14-08-2017, 09:03 AM
(14-08-2017 08:28 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Here I thought words could have multiple meanings

Which you still do not get to make up at whim Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2017, 09:11 AM
(14-08-2017 09:00 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 08:55 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Early morning waking can be a sign of depression can you get yourself checked out ? I know money is an issue for you but better to try and nip it in the bud if you can.

I've been through depression and compared to that time, I don't feel depressed at least. Generally, I have an Anxiety disorder which I take medication for (one for the anxiety and beta blockers for the physical symptoms like shaking/twitching etc), so it's not like it's completely out of the blue, but it's just pissing me off as I used to be like the best sleeper in the world lol. As a teen I could sleep in until like 1pm. I mean yeah, I get up at a reasonable time now, for work or if I have something to do, and with kids a "sleep in" for me is now like 9am max....but in these past few months or so, it's been like 4am every day and I'm just tired all the time. Have tried going bed earlier and later, but still the same.

I do see my doctor regularly, so will bring it up next time I'm in, but it's just pissing me off a bit.

You know you can be depressed and not actually know you're depressed even if you have been aware you were depressed in the past Yes Shame you live so far away otherwise I'd cook you a slap up meal shoot the breeze for a while and give you some of my pregabalin tablets which I take for my anxiety disorder they work wonders for me, unfortunately all I can offer is a friendly man hug from someone who understands what its like to have an anxiety disorderSad Hug
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
14-08-2017, 09:13 AM
You're welcome, Shadow! And I so know the feeling (not of being of a full-time mum... or a part-time one for that matter Rolleyes ), but of people kind of... abusing your willingness to be there for them. Have attracted really selfish "friends" all my life (though I think I'm getting better in my older and wiser days ;-)) and there comes a point where you feel drained. And god forbid *you* should feel down or need help. I've literally had my supposedly best friend tell me we would meet up but only if I didn't complain or cry. And I don't really do the former a lot and I've only cried in front of her once, when she came to the office after a coworker picked a fight with me and I was really upset.

Hug

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
14-08-2017, 09:18 AM
Yay its a hug fest ! Big Grin Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
14-08-2017, 09:21 AM
(14-08-2017 09:11 AM)adey67 Wrote:  You know you can be depressed and not actually know you're depressed even if you have been aware you were depressed in the past Yes Shame you live so far away otherwise I'd cook you a slap up meal shoot the breeze for a while and give you some of my pregabalin tablets which I take for my anxiety disorder they work wonders for me, unfortunately all I can offer is a friendly man hug from someone who understands what its like to have an anxiety disorderSad Hug

Cheers Adey Smile Slap up meal sounds good as well Big Grin We need to organise a world TTA meet-up and get some food on the go haha.

As with many things, I end up saying "it'll be fine" and am just letting of steam I think. Will see how I get on over the next few days, and if it's still the same by next week I'll hit the ole doctors to see if they can help at all Yes

Quote:Son of an owl!
14-08-2017, 09:45 AM
Yes, hugs to everyone. This thing called life sure isn't easy. I think we all need to be kind to ourselves ((hugs))!

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes ShadowProject's post
14-08-2017, 06:43 PM
So I'm taking your advice Morondog and checking out the night market. The only issue, the administration fee is $180 and the "Food Control Plan" (basically the license to sell food to people) is $309. So before getting any basic equipment, it's $489 just for the 'right' to set up and sell. I have like $600. And I'm telling you now, $111 isn't gonna be enough to buy a waffle iron, tables, banner with our logo on it, packaging, product, utensils. So it'll be like a $1500 investment just for 6 hours once a week (and I'd have to pay that $180 admin fee each week). If I had $1500 laying around maybe, but sadly I do not.

At least if I set up the business in a small container/kiosk first I'd have that core business, I'd have the food license and I'd have the equipment. It's be a matter of tables, banner and administration fee. That'd be worth doing I think and something to look at.

[Image: oscar.png]