Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
14-08-2017, 06:53 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Half million people will start arriving in our county by the end of the week....

Fuck, I'm going to hate life. I have to adjust everything and shelter in place, just like when it snows. Dodgy

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2017, 06:59 PM
(14-08-2017 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Half million people will start arriving in our county by the end of the week....

Fuck, I'm going to hate life. I have to adjust everything and shelter in place, just like when it snows. Dodgy

Why the migration?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
14-08-2017, 07:10 PM
(14-08-2017 06:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Half million people will start arriving in our county by the end of the week....

Why the migration?

I am guessing the eclipse?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
14-08-2017, 07:13 PM

Why the migration?

eclipse hysteria

14-08-2017, 07:18 PM
(14-08-2017 07:10 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 06:59 PM)Dom Wrote:  Why the migration?

I am guessing the eclipse?

Yep all the for that. They're saying the freeways will be packed with people trying to get around. Area banks are ordering more cash. Cell service might be spotty, stores packed...

People will be coming to our area for sure, prime viewing with a county park (our neighborhood is surrounded by park land on all sides.

I can see that shit from my deck. Don't need to leave the house...Now I wish I were leaving town to miss it all. Like really leaving...like back to Hawaii.

14-08-2017, 08:15 PM

Why the migration?

Who wouldn't want to be in the presence of the all powerful Moms.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
14-08-2017, 09:14 PM
$666.38 a month to rent a 10ft container (built ready, all we'd need to do is add our signage, menu's, fridges and waffle irons).

That seems reasonable to me. No contract. End any time. $166.60 a week. Boom, saved us $8,000. Yea our day-to-day expenses will be higher BUT if we'd borrow that $8,000 the loan repayments would still be half that, so we'd still be paying something. PLUS we have no assets or money, so any large sums of money we can save and not have to borrow money from the bank the higher the chance we'll actually get a loan from the bank for the stuff we do need to buy.

If we get profitable than we can look at outright buying a container. That's the best way to do I think.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
14-08-2017, 09:27 PM
(14-08-2017 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  $666.38 a month to rent a 10ft container (built ready, all we'd need to do is add our signage, menu's, fridges and waffle irons).

That seems reasonable to me. No contract. End any time. $166.60 a week. Boom, saved us $8,000. Yea our day-to-day expenses will be higher BUT if we'd borrow that $8,000 the loan repayments would still be half that, so we'd still be paying something. PLUS we have no assets or money, so any large sums of money we can save and not have to borrow money from the bank the higher the chance we'll actually get a loan from the bank for the stuff we do need to buy.

If we get profitable than we can look at outright buying a container. That's the best way to do I think.

No contract? Is that wise? I am not versed in such matters myself but aren't contracts written to protect both parties from fraudulent conduct? What's to stop a sudden rent hike or container confiscation?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
14-08-2017, 09:32 PM

I would go nuts. We already had to move our outside hose spigot several years ago because we couldn't keep jackasses walking home from the town pool (a couple of blocks from here) from using our water to hose off and then leaving it running. I can only imagine them coming into your yard to use it as a bathroom, etc. Good luck. Let us know if we need to send bail money.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
14-08-2017, 11:41 PM
(14-08-2017 09:27 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 09:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  $666.38 a month to rent a 10ft container (built ready, all we'd need to do is add our signage, menu's, fridges and waffle irons).

No contract? Is that wise? I am not versed in such matters myself but aren't contracts written to protect both parties from fraudulent conduct? What's to stop a sudden rent hike or container confiscation?

No contract was bad wording on my part. No fixed length. Like, I'm not locked in to rent it for a year or something. If I wanna stop renting it I can just finish the month and send it back.

But yea, I had thought about that too. I'll defiantly be reading whatever it is I sign when renting it. I don't want them doing either of that like 4 months into business. That'll be awkward.

[Image: oscar.png]