Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-08-2017, 10:56 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Oh wait, maybe a genius after all. I think I over estimated how many panels (and thus space, of which is at a premium considering the container is 3x2m) I'd need.
I was think I'd need to cover 3,000 watts of appliances but it looks like a 500 watt solar panel would cover it. So I could go overkill and get 2x 310watt solar panels, each of which are 2x1m, which is obviously more than half but add an angle and they'll likely fit. For the whole set-up call it $3,000. $3,500 to be safe. $4,000 tops for the panels, batteries, inverter, set-up. That could work. Plus it'll save us like $200 a month and it probably keeps its value fairly well. Probably not actually, but it would save us a power bill and the cost of setting up power at our location. Plus if we ever moved... not to mention draw in that eco-nut customer.

Defiantly looking more into this an option.

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-08-2017, 12:06 AM
I want a dachshund.

[Image: oscar.png]
18-08-2017, 04:20 AM
(18-08-2017 12:06 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  I want a dachshund.

Waffles and wieners?

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
18-08-2017, 06:17 AM

They are prone to back and hip problems as they age. Since you are attempting to start a business, I don't recommend that move.
18-08-2017, 06:56 AM

Why? Just drag a sausage around by a string whenever you go for a walk.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
18-08-2017, 01:37 PM (This post was last modified: 18-08-2017 01:45 PM by Vera.)
What the hell, dog? Seriously, what the hell?

Here I am, trying to take a nap in the hammock on the terrace because am falling asleep while trying to translate my latest piece of mental effluvia... and just when I'm drifting off the dog comes and wakes me up... I make her go away, and am just about to nod off again... when she comes again and starts WHINING right next to my ear. What the fuck, dog? So now I am up... and she is sleeping on the outside sofa. Dodgy

We are NOT amused. Well, parts of are, but seriously!

Also, now my just washed clothes smell of dog. Dodgy

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-08-2017, 02:47 PM
(17-08-2017 10:45 AM)Loom Wrote:  
(14-08-2017 06:53 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Half million people will start arriving in our county by the end of the week....

Fuck, I'm going to hate life. I have to adjust everything and shelter in place, just like when it snows. Dodgy

My aunt and uncle live in Scotts Bluff, Nebraska, smack dab in the middle of the path of totality.

My uncle plans to watch the eclipse in his lawnchair, beer in one hand and shotgun in the other.

My house sits in the 99.7% area, I sure as shit aren't driving the 8 miles to get a better view.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-08-2017, 02:50 PM
(18-08-2017 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-08-2017 10:45 AM)Loom Wrote:  My aunt and uncle live in Scotts Bluff, Nebraska, smack dab in the middle of the path of totality.

My uncle plans to watch the eclipse in his lawnchair, beer in one hand and shotgun in the other.

My house sits in the 99.7% area, I sure as shit aren't driving the 8 miles to get a better view.

I don't care about pictures of the eclipse but I'm betting you'll be able to take some amazing shots of the crowds. Here's hoping it won't be like People of Walmart on steroids.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
18-08-2017, 02:50 PM
So, I fucked up my elbow and wrist, probably from over-using my iPad.

I'm told to lay off the devices, so far the laptop doesn't bother my wrist the way the iPad does.

Technology has consequences.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

18-08-2017, 07:38 PM
My PT added "dry needle therapy" and I've had two sessions so far, the last one being Monday. By Wednesday the sites had bruised up pretty well from what I'm told (I can't actually see them). Today they started ITCHING like mad. I guess the bruises are healing.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams