Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-08-2017, 08:03 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-08-2017 01:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  What the hell, dog? Seriously, what the hell?

Here I am, trying to take a nap in the hammock on the terrace because am falling asleep while trying to translate my latest piece of mental effluvia... and just when I'm drifting off the dog comes and wakes me up... I make her go away, and am just about to nod off again... when she comes again and starts WHINING right next to my ear. What the fuck, dog? So now I am up... and she is sleeping on the outside sofa. Dodgy

We are NOT amused. Well, parts of are, but seriously!

Also, now my just washed clothes smell of dog. Dodgy
Envying you your terrace and hammock. Do you have trees on the terrace or is the hammock free-standing?

Last night the cat decided, at 2:30 a.m., that he wanted to be fed and nipped at my arm, then my husband's arm. Then we threw him out of the room, but it took a while for us to get back to sleep.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-08-2017, 07:53 AM
(18-08-2017 08:03 PM)julep Wrote:  Envying you your terrace and hammock. Do you have trees on the terrace or is the hammock free-standing?

Last night the cat decided, at 2:30 a.m., that he wanted to be fed and nipped at my arm, then my husband's arm. Then we threw him out of the room, but it took a while for us to get back to sleep.

I'm gonna sound like one of those jerks on facebook who post "beach feet" and jumping photos from their vacations just to show the (largely uninterested) world how cool they and their lives are, but the terrace is in one of the cutest neighbourhoods of Rio, up a hill with a great view and the garden is big and full of trees, and monkeys, and birds and once we saw what might have been a Brazilian porcupine which are mega cute.

The terrace is more like a part of the garden with a roof, or a big room without glass in the windows. Kinda not sure how to describe it. So the hammock isn't between trees, but you can watch them from it, while being all nice and dry under the roof if it's raining (like it was yesterday).

(Also, apparently the poor thing was afraid of one of those cars that drive around making noise and advertising shit. But. We took her drinking last night and she got a lot of attention.

I mean, *we* was drinkin', she was there getting petted and stuff Rolleyes )

Cats are the greatest. I had a cat which used to sleep on my bed but he would do his business outside (was both an in- and outdoor car) and he would wake up in the middle of the night and then spend the next 10 minutes scratching and cleaning himself so the whole bed would kinda shake a bit and I would be waiting for him to finally get ready to leave (had to open the window for him). God I miss him and that was ages ago.

Oh, but you have got to see this, funniest thing ever [Image: hehe.gif]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
19-08-2017, 09:22 AM
(19-08-2017 07:53 AM)Vera Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 08:03 PM)julep Wrote:  Envying you your terrace and hammock. Do you have trees on the terrace or is the hammock free-standing?

I'm gonna sound like one of those jerks on facebook who post "beach feet" and jumping photos from their vacations just to show the (largely uninterested) world how cool they and their lives are, but the terrace is in one of the cutest neighbourhoods of Rio, up a hill with a great view and the garden is big and full of trees, and monkeys, and birds and once we saw what might have been a Brazilian porcupine which are mega cute.

The terrace is more like a part of the garden with a roof, or a big room without glass in the windows. Kinda not sure how to describe it. So the hammock isn't between trees, but you can watch them from it, while being all nice and dry under the roof if it's raining (like it was yesterday).

(Also, apparently the poor thing was afraid of one of those cars that drive around making noise and advertising shit. But. We took her drinking last night and she got a lot of attention.

I mean, *we* was drinkin', she was there getting petted and stuff Rolleyes )

Cats are the greatest. I had a cat which used to sleep on my bed but he would do his business outside (was both an in- and outdoor car) and he would wake up in the middle of the night and then spend the next 10 minutes scratching and cleaning himself so the whole bed would kinda shake a bit and I would be waiting for him to finally get ready to leave (had to open the window for him). God I miss him and that was ages ago.

Oh, but you have got to see this, funniest thing ever [Image: hehe.gif]

The terrace sounds gorgeous! And that cat looks (and acts) just like ours.
19-08-2017, 09:51 AM
(19-08-2017 09:22 AM)julep Wrote:  The terrace sounds gorgeous!

It is. I've started working there (*not* in the hammock, though, not that much of an acrobat ;-)) Blush

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-08-2017, 12:41 PM
I am the grand shredder. I hold the key to the secure shredding waste bin, it is truly a great honour and responsibly. Dodgy

However, it is a matter of constant annoyance that at least 1/3 of what is put in the shred bin is just regular garbage. Posters of past sales drives really? Old brochures...huh? This thing is for things like financial statements, corporate correspondence, vehicle & parts cost sheets...you know stuff you don't want other people to find out.. NOT old copies of shit you've made widely & publicly available.

Also to those people that tear up the pages of stuff before throwing it in the shred bin, picking out all those bits and trying to put them through the machine is a serious pain it the ass...STOP IT. Either you have not grasped the concept of what a "shredder" does, in which case how are you still employed here...OR ...you are throwing things in there that are so sensitive that you don't even want me to see it...IN WHICH CASE... why not just put it right through the fucking shredder that is beside the secure bin Angry

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 1 user Likes unsapien's post
19-08-2017, 01:19 PM
(18-08-2017 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My house sits in the 99.7% area, I sure as shit aren't driving the 8 miles to get a better view.

I'll just watch the eclipse on TV.

Hobo
[+] 1 user Likes Thoreauvian's post
19-08-2017, 03:18 PM
(19-08-2017 01:19 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  
(18-08-2017 02:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My house sits in the 99.7% area, I sure as shit aren't driving the 8 miles to get a better view.

I'll just watch the eclipse on TV.

Hobo

Sounds like a winning idea to me.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
20-08-2017, 01:52 PM
Last night I walked in my sleep. I always sleep with a box fan on in the room, not for the circulation but for the "white noise" effect. I woke up on the floor tangled up between a fallen over wooden chair and the fan cord, with the fan on top of my torso. Disoriented, unable to disentangle myself, bleeding knee, pulled neck muscle. I usually read myself to sleep in bed with pointless drivel like romance novels but last night I had been reading a book that was scary enough that I had imagined noises and lurkers and peeping Toms and had gotten up twice to double check locks and pull window shades tightly. Lesson learned. It's been a long time since I read a book that scary.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
20-08-2017, 02:00 PM
(20-08-2017 01:52 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Last night I walked in my sleep. I always sleep with a box fan on in the room, not for the circulation but for the "white noise" effect. I woke up on the floor tangled up between a fallen over wooden chair and the fan cord, with the fan on top of my torso. Disoriented, unable to disentangle myself, bleeding knee, pulled neck muscle. I usually read myself to sleep in bed with pointless drivel like romance novels but last night I had been reading a book that was scary enough that I had imagined noises and lurkers and peeping Toms and had gotten up twice to double check locks and pull window shades tightly. Lesson learned. It's been a long time since I read a book that scary.

Hug Heart
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
20-08-2017, 10:31 PM (This post was last modified: 20-08-2017 10:37 PM by earmuffs.)
So me and this guy are at a point with this business plan where we're kinda stalled.
Our issue is we don't have a location. We know where we want to be, but want and actual are two different things.

We can't sort out our power issue, project land lease costs, it affects insurance, market research, traffic/foot traffic even marketing to some degree.
Location affects so much of our business plan and we can't do shit until we have a location confirmed.

I personally think we should contact the land lease people at The Base (huge shopping area that killed my cities CBD, where all the shops are and everyone goes to shop), put together some sort of pitch, set up a meeting and pitch them our idea and see if they'll agree to rent us some space if we can acquire funding.
But I'm also worried that because we have nothing, not even a business plan (because we can't finish it without a location), they wont take us seriously and basically laugh us out of their office all but ruining our chances of doing something in this city (the one where we both live so... kinda important we get this).

So the question becomes, do we just estimate some numbers for a business plan and pitch to the bank and hope we get funding, giving us something more concrete to take to the land lease people at The Base OR do we pitch to the people at The Base in order to secure a location and get our business plan on lock down, air tight, in order to better our chances of acquiring funding from the bank.

The problem we have is, if we were a store we could just estimate rental costs and traffic etc.. based on an overall area, such as the CBD, and worry about location later. There's plenty of stores available for rent in the CBD.
But because we're a 10ft shipping container we need land and nobody rents 2x3 meter lots of land, you need to have some sort of arrangement personally with the land owner. It's like, we gotta find our own space and hope that the owner of said space agrees to rent it to us. And because we want to be is renting space to over 100 stores, many of which are food places and they have a specific food court inside the main shopping complex, it's fucking sketchy of us to be like "hey yo, you wanna rent us that 2x3 meter square plot of grass in the middle of the car park?" I mean why should they rent that to us? The risk is probably more than the rent and it's not like they need the rental income.

Like, this shit has literally kept me up at night every night for like the last two weeks trying to wrap my head around this. The earliest I've gone to sleep is like 4:30am.
Because if we can secure a location that's half of the two big obstacles down (the other being money) and it's such a load off my shoulders. Like the money I can deal with, it's an easy problem to solve, go to the bank and pitch them with an air tight business plan. But this secure a location business... arggggggggg!

[Image: oscar.png]