Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-08-2017, 12:04 AM
RE: Ranting corner
The Base - talk to them first. Don't go all formal, just ring them up and ask to speak to someone about options for renting space. Explain that it's an exploratory call as you're trying to get an idea of costs. Shopping centres want entrepreneurs, they won't laugh at you.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-08-2017, 06:20 AM
School starts back today which translates to my commute being miserable.

I think I look forward to school holidays more than the kids do. Undecided

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
21-08-2017, 07:17 AM
(21-08-2017 06:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  School starts back today which translates to my commute being miserable.

This usually adds about 15 minutes to my commute on a good day. On the bad days, up to 45. I agree...I keep tabs on the calendar and count the days until they are out again! Sadcryface2

It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out.
21-08-2017, 08:18 AM
(21-08-2017 06:20 AM)Anjele Wrote:  School starts back today which translates to my commute being miserable.

I used to find that when I had to commute too, summer holidays are still on for another two weeks here in the UK.
21-08-2017, 08:18 AM
(21-08-2017 07:17 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  

This usually adds about 15 minutes to my commute on a good day. On the bad days, up to 45. I agree...I keep tabs on the calendar and count the days until they are out again! Sadcryface2

Since moving to GA, I have yet to have a school bus slow me at all. I have seen one or 2 heading in a different direction, but none that have been directly in my path. This is nice.
21-08-2017, 08:22 AM
(21-08-2017 07:17 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  

What pisses me off in the UK is that a goodly number of the kids and parents arriving at school in cars are within walking distance of them.
21-08-2017, 08:40 AM
(21-08-2017 08:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 07:17 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  This usually adds about 15 minutes to my commute on a good day. On the bad days, up to 45. I agree...I keep tabs on the calendar and count the days until they are out again! Sadcryface2

What pisses me off in the UK is that a goodly number of the kids and parents arriving at school in cars are within walking distance of them.

At least the cars don't stop every 15 feet. In NJ some of the bus stops (most that were in my path) are 15 to 20 feet apart, because how dare the kids walk 30 feet to get to a shared stop.
21-08-2017, 10:29 AM
(21-08-2017 08:40 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 08:22 AM)adey67 Wrote:  What pisses me off in the UK is that a goodly number of the kids and parents arriving at school in cars are within walking distance of them.

At least the cars don't stop every 15 feet. In NJ some of the bus stops (most that were in my path) are 15 to 20 feet apart, because how dare the kids walk 30 feet to get to a shared stop.

Yep, same here in NC. The flip side of that was about 15 or so years ago, well after my kid was grown and out of the house, they suddenly decided they WOULD have a bus stop for multiple kids here in the neighborhood. And without consulting or even just having any courtesy to notify me, they decided the bus stop would be my corner. And by that I mean my house is on a corner lot. So the first day of school came and there was a small crowd of kids in my front yard, trampling my flower beds, throwing their trash in my yard, two swinging as high as they could on my porch swing, three running around my wrap around porch and all of them whooping and screaming. Just prior to 6 am. And if that wasn't enough, one of them came banging on the door demanding to use my bathroom.

One thing I gotta say about Tinytown, in a time like that the wheels of change do NOT move slowly. There was a police officer waiting that afternoon when the bus came back and the next morning the stop was moved down a block where it should have been in the first place.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
25-08-2017, 06:34 AM
So my new BFF and I are going to a sports bar to watch the Mayweather v McGregor match and neither of us have ever been to a sports bar.
So... this'll be awkward. We're both pretty much social cabbages and I think he relies on me for a lot of the social interactions (because at least I can function on a semi-normal level in public), but this is so far out of my comfort zone it brings new meaning to the phrase fish out of a barrel.
I am in no way shape or form a guys guy. I'm not big on sports, cars, monster trucks, I don't drink, shooting things, working out, gawking at womens butts, cutting down trees, wearing gumboots and stubbies. I like video games, intelligent things, stylish clothes, movies, not being around people, vanilla coke and gummy bears.

These last few months, oh my god I swear Jesus is testing me.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-08-2017, 06:42 AM
Mate just buy a drink, watch the show and go home.

Nice to see you.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post