Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
25-08-2017, 07:33 AM
RE: Ranting corner
Agh I'm tired. Someone was wrong on the internet, specifically Youtube, so I stayed up pretty late trying to futilly correct them.

Why did I bother, those lost hours of sleep weren't worth it Dodgy

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
25-08-2017, 09:39 AM
(25-08-2017 06:42 AM)Banjo Wrote:  Mate just buy a drink, watch the show and go home.

Nice to see you.

If only it was that simple Banjo.

Nice to see you too.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
25-08-2017, 03:27 PM
This

[Image: 1473862471845.png]

even if it was made by your favorite brand/brewery, is the nastiest shit of all time! Hobo

Think V8 Juice, but alcoholic!!!! [Image: poorly.gif]

26-08-2017, 02:58 PM
So I graduated back in may and started my new job. And while the pay and benefits are good, I'm noticing subtle culture problems.

There's a picture of that Phil what's his name from duck dynasty holding a bible with the quote "the truth sounds like hate to those who hate the truth" over the printer. And a lot of the higher ups are pretty blatantly of that conservative mindset. We will be at a meeting or at a dinner and they start ranting about liberals or something and I have to just shut my mouth, drink a beer, and let it go.

A lot of projects and assignments are also given based on friendship. And since bonuses and raises are based on project completion, that means compensation depends on making friends.

I like the work I do. I make good money and do good work. And I'm slowly making those professional connections. But the culture is a bit worrying.
[+] 3 users Like natachan's post
26-08-2017, 03:04 PM
(26-08-2017 02:58 PM)natachan Wrote:  I like the work I do. I make good money and do good work. And I'm slowly making those professional connections. But the culture is a bit worrying.

What's the industry?

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
26-08-2017, 03:43 PM
Energy. I work for an electric company as an engineer designing new lines and selecting structures.
[+] 1 user Likes natachan's post
26-08-2017, 04:58 PM
(25-08-2017 03:27 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  This

[Image: 1473862471845.png]

even if it was made by your favorite brand/brewery, is the nastiest shit of all time! Hobo

Think V8 Juice, but alcoholic!!!! [Image: poorly.gif]
Maybe Satan is real after all...
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
27-08-2017, 02:52 PM
Bleh. Gotta do my cleaning at some point today. Hobo

28-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Note to self!

If the coolant in your truck is orange, don't pour in green coolant, to top it off! Facepalm

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
28-08-2017, 04:51 PM
(21-08-2017 08:18 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(21-08-2017 07:17 AM)reeveseb Wrote:  This usually adds about 15 minutes to my commute on a good day. On the bad days, up to 45. I agree...I keep tabs on the calendar and count the days until they are out again! Sadcryface2

Since moving to GA, I have yet to have a school bus slow me at all. I have seen one or 2 heading in a different direction, but none that have been directly in my path. This is nice.

This would seem to imply that fewer children are going to school in GA. This would explain a lot.

#sigh