Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
29-08-2017, 11:43 PM (This post was last modified: 29-08-2017 11:49 PM by GirlyMan.)
RE: Ranting corner
(29-08-2017 07:33 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 04:33 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  No sand, but I have lots and lots of cotton candy. Same thing, right? Right?

Rice. Cheap rice. In pillowcases, with room to expand. And/or dried beans.

She gets a spot on the boat. She's in front of you, Jerry, your cotton candy can't hold up. ... Consider ... What were you thinking in the first place? Wrap the cotton candy around some concertina wire and at least then you'd have something useful. ... Still ain't gonna keep the water out your house, though.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 06:49 AM
(29-08-2017 08:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 04:00 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  I'm going stir crazy. Rain, rain, rain, just enough danger of house flooding to have me pacing around like in a cage. All roads out covered by water...nothing open anywhere anyway. Bored and restless...

SOMEONE STOP ME BEFORE I START A THREAD ABOUT GUNS Hobo

Just want to give you a hug, because we don't need another gun thread ever.

Pardon me while I go find and bring back the gun thread.
30-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Know what would be fantastic?

If the fuckhead behind me on this bus could stop noisily stuffing his gaping fucking maw. It's on a sign literally above my head; no eating or drinking on the bus. How hard is that? At least if you must flagrantly disregard clear rules, you could do it fucking quietly.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 2 users Like Free Thought's post
30-08-2017, 04:57 PM
(30-08-2017 04:50 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Know what would be fantastic?

If the fuckhead behind me on this bus could stop noisily stuffing his gaping fucking maw. It's on a sign literally above my head; no eating or drinking on the bus. How hard is that? At least if you must flagrantly disregard clear rules, you could do it fucking quietly.

If they are asshole enough to violate the explicitly stated rules in front of everyone, they are either 1) looking to get a response out of someone (it's not gonna be me) or 2) they just don't give a fuck. In the worst case, both. In either case, go to your happy place. Don't even get up and move 'cause then it'll single you out and target you. They can smell fear, but they are oblivious to complete disinterest. ... ... Big Grin

#sigh
30-08-2017, 05:13 PM

Find an electronic fart toy.
[+] 3 users Like Clockwork's post
30-08-2017, 05:37 PM
(29-08-2017 04:33 PM)jerry mcmasters Wrote:  
(29-08-2017 04:12 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sand bags. Start laying out a perimeter of sand bags. Don't matter if you ain't got no sand, it'll make you feel better.

No sand, but I have lots and lots of cotton candy. Same thing, right? Right?

Cotton candy is a good way to teach kids how to eat insulation.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 1 user Likes Old Man Marsh's post
30-08-2017, 05:45 PM
(30-08-2017 05:13 PM)Clockwork Wrote:  

Find an electronic fart toy.

It only just occurred to me that I have the ability to pretty much fart on demand and should have suggested that but I'm not sure how common the ability is. Smile

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
30-08-2017, 08:51 PM
I need the long weekend to hurry the fuck up and get here. My night has flown by once again. I've just been in a damn daze the last week.

31-08-2017, 06:05 AM
Ok, so a little while ago I said that we're at an impasse with the business. We need a location in order to finish our business plan, but I'm worried we need a business plan in order to get a location. Especially considering we're asking to rent non-rented space and we're not any known brand with an ounce of credibility. Morondog suggested I just phone them. Problem is I aint got a landline so I gotta email them instead. Anyway, I've been sitting on it because it's actually terrifying. I mean this has been the dream for what? 2-3 years? how long have I been going on about this shit? fucking ages. And now the stakes are doubled because I'm doing it with this guy from work so it's even more important I don't fuck it up.
So anyway, if I don't get this location we're fucked. I mean proper fucked. I can take all my mulling over this, all the planning I've done so far, all the designs, all the ideas, everything and throw it in the bin. It's literally so much more stressful than a job interview.

So anyway, I'm hating work, I need out, all I can think about is this, it's fucked up my sleep, I need to just sack the fuck up and email the leasing people.
So that's what I'm doing. Right.....now.. no.. now... no wait... noooooooow... ok for real this time, now.

But what the fuck do I even say?
31-08-2017, 06:10 AM
"Dear Sir/Madam"

Off to a flying start.