Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
31-08-2017, 11:35 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(31-08-2017 07:07 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  So in a turn of events that's surprising to just about no one, my ex is now managing to drive his son away. Our daughter just stopped going to see him some time ago because of all his bullshit, and I was talking to our son last night and he said that as soon as he is old enough to not have to go over there anymore, he's just not going to go unless he really wants to.

He's tired of his father laying guilt trips on him about everything, he's tired of his father's girlfriend videoing everything they do and posting it on YouTube (my son has told them time and time again he doesn't want to do those, but they film him and upload them anyway, telling him the vids are just for family when my son knows better because he's seen the YouTube channel and seen that they are trying to build an audience with it), and basically just tired of walking on eggshells.

It seems my ex is just not good with teenagers at all. Not that he was stellar with them when they were little (he wasn't) but when they're little it's expected that you have a little more say over their lives, more control. He cannot let go of control and so he doesn't want them to ever become independent. On the other hand, Rev and I are great for teenagers. We don't get up in their business unnecessarily, we don't rag on them for their methods of self expression (whether it be clothes or what), etc. The older my kids get and the more they become whoever it is they will be, the better it gets. It's great seeing them become their own people. They don't have to turn out any certain way. What makes me happy is if they do what makes them happy.

Anyway, just sad is all. Their father has now managed to alienate them both. His loss. They are good kids. Not perfect, but no one is. But they are good, kind-hearted kids. And he will miss out on that.

If, for some reason, you end up with any court/legal activity with your ex I suggest you mention that he is posting video content of the kids against their wishes. They should have a right to privacy and not have to put up with having their images spread out on social media.

Your ex sounds like a real peach... Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
31-08-2017, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't reject you (too scared to Tongue ) you'll be fine and if they don't accept you simply pour a gallon of petrol through their letterbox and... Wooosh Rolleyes
31-08-2017, 01:26 PM
Yes, exactly what Anjele said to Escape Artist. I would add, start keeping a file of that right now before courts and lawyers get involved and his lawyer advises the ex to take it down. Better prepared and not need it than be unable to prove it later.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
31-08-2017, 01:43 PM
(31-08-2017 07:29 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oooooooooooooooooooooh fuck me I sent it.
omg did I just fuck up? I fucked up didn't I?

Calm your tits. Read yours and imagine the other dumbshit half-brained drivel they've received from others. You couldn't have come off more fucked-up stupid as about half of what they already received.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
31-08-2017, 02:08 PM
It's 6:00.

I'm awake, at my computer... bored as....

Was tossing and turning in bed for a couple hours before getting up.

Went to bed 'Early' at around 10:00 PM last night to get a 'Good night's sleep' since I felt terrible.

Here it is... bugger all in the morning and I'm wide awake.

F@ck....

*Ponders having some... 'Medication'... to help lul one's self back to the land of Nod...*
31-08-2017, 02:46 PM
(31-08-2017 07:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok here's what I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you today on behalf of my business partner and myself. We are two [my location] entrepreneurs looking to start our business careers and require commercial space.
We are currently in the business planning stage of our business but due to its nature, we cannot progress further without having lined up a location and we believe that The Base is the ideal location for our business as well as our business being ideal for The Base.

Our business is [my business name] and we serve Belgian Waffles. 15cm long 10cm wide and 3cm thick of golden brown deliciousness served with a variety of toppings such as melted Belgian chocolate, banana, strawberries or a dusting of icing sugar and many others. How we want to sell these is from a 10ft shipping container kiosk (much smaller than a standard shipping container), built specifically for the purpose of selling food and drinks such as this. We believe a slick black one of these with our signage would be a trendy addition to The Base and keeping with the aesthetics such as the black wall above Burger Fuel. We believe this offers you a good opportunity to rent space you wouldn't otherwise be renting, provide your customers with access to our delicious product and of course you would be supporting local entrepreneurship.

We look forward to hearing from you and potentially having a prosperous future together.

Regards,
Ear Muffs

(31-08-2017 07:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If they say yes it's like the greatest moment of my life, but if they say no it's the worst. There's no in-between. And the chances of the prior are fucking slim as shit.
This was dumb. Do you need to be threatened by the mod to get witness protection? I feel like you do. What a shame.

Ok muffs, take a deep breath and chill the fuck down.

First of all: what you sent sounds not bad at all, quite professional and worth at least some consideration. I would have avoided the use of some qualifiers like "golden brown deliciousness", "delicious products" and the like. You're not trying to sell them your waffles, you're trying to convince them to enter into business with you.

Second: I would have added at least some hints about projected profitability of your business venture, turnover, and so on. Just to show them that you're not a putz and you did your homework.

Last, but not least: you mention your business name; did you already register your business? Do you have an e-mail address with the name of your business? If not, that could probably be your biggest mistake and a deal breaker. Business want to deal with businesses, remember that. Oh, and they don't give a fuck about supporting the local economy, they want to have a profit, simple as that.

You're good Muffs, you're putting lots of thought into this and, eventually, you will succeed. Don't get discouraged if you get a refusal this time, just refine your strategy and keep trying.
[+] 2 users Like DunkleSeele's post
31-08-2017, 05:53 PM
So.. they said they're interested.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 6 users Like earmuffs's post
31-08-2017, 06:11 PM
(31-08-2017 05:53 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  So.. they said they're interested.

Clap Clap Clap Clap

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
31-08-2017, 06:32 PM
Congrats!!!

Do I score the maple syrup concession??

Heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
31-08-2017, 07:18 PM
(31-08-2017 02:46 PM)DunkleSeele Wrote:  
(31-08-2017 07:26 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Ok here's what I got.

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing you today on behalf of my business partner and myself. We are two [my location] entrepreneurs looking to start our business careers and require commercial space.
We are currently in the business planning stage of our business but due to its nature, we cannot progress further without having lined up a location and we believe that The Base is the ideal location for our business as well as our business being ideal for The Base.

Our business is [my business name] and we serve Belgian Waffles. 15cm long 10cm wide and 3cm thick of golden brown deliciousness served with a variety of toppings such as melted Belgian chocolate, banana, strawberries or a dusting of icing sugar and many others. How we want to sell these is from a 10ft shipping container kiosk (much smaller than a standard shipping container), built specifically for the purpose of selling food and drinks such as this. We believe a slick black one of these with our signage would be a trendy addition to The Base and keeping with the aesthetics such as the black wall above Burger Fuel. We believe this offers you a good opportunity to rent space you wouldn't otherwise be renting, provide your customers with access to our delicious product and of course you would be supporting local entrepreneurship.

We look forward to hearing from you and potentially having a prosperous future together.

Regards,
Ear Muffs

(31-08-2017 07:34 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  If they say yes it's like the greatest moment of my life, but if they say no it's the worst. There's no in-between. And the chances of the prior are fucking slim as shit.
This was dumb. Do you need to be threatened by the mod to get witness protection? I feel like you do. What a shame.

Ok muffs, take a deep breath and chill the fuck down.

First of all: what you sent sounds not bad at all, quite professional and worth at least some consideration. I would have avoided the use of some qualifiers like "golden brown deliciousness", "delicious products" and the like. You're not trying to sell them your waffles, you're trying to convince them to enter into business with you.

Second: I would have added at least some hints about projected profitability of your business venture, turnover, and so on. Just to show them that you're not a putz and you did your homework.

Last, but not least: you mention your business name; did you already register your business? Do you have an e-mail address with the name of your business? If not, that could probably be your biggest mistake and a deal breaker. Business want to deal with businesses, remember that. Oh, and they don't give a fuck about supporting the local economy, they want to have a profit, simple as that.

You're good Muffs, you're putting lots of thought into this and, eventually, you will succeed. Don't get discouraged if you get a refusal this time, just refine your strategy and keep trying.

Selling them our product is selling them our business. If I can make our product sound amazing they're gonna be willing to believe in the business and want to support it (by charging us money for space).

We can't provide projections or anything because we don't have a location and so don't have foot traffic etc.. that was the purpose of this email, to enquire if they would be remotely interested so we could formulate that sort of thing with the assumption that we're going to rent space there.

I think you're underestimating people. I'm not emailing a robot, I'm emailing a person. A woman. And this is New Zealand. I believe the vast majority of people want to do good things. Things like local boy entrepreneur's, both unable to find work, down on their luck, decide to make their own luck and start a business venture. That's a feel good story and people love feel good stories. They like stories of entrepreneurship, especially business people like this person, and people being proactive and innovative. Supporting local business is also very big here. "Kiwi owned" is a HUGE selling point.

Don't get me wrong, the numbers matter. The numbers matter very very much so. And our numbers will be as accurate as we can get them. We will show that we have a plan, we can be profitable and everyone can make money.
But don't underestimate the people side of things. The people side of things got us a shot to show that our numbers are air tight and that we know what we're doing.

I do appreciate the criticism very much though.

[Image: oscar.png]