Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-09-2017, 05:34 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-09-2017 05:29 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  A few days from now will be one year since my *surrogate daughter* lost her five and a half month old daughter to SIDS.

The behavior of the so-called "preacher" at her funeral was so incredibly atrocious that I still cannot bring myself to speak about it beyond saying that he was clearly an uneducated Westboro Baptist Church wannabe and it was a major catalyst for me starting to tell people that I am atheist. Someday I will write about it here. As horrific as it was, it was an experience that I think every atheist should hear. (The more you know...)

I just tried to find a SIDS research place where I could make a donation in her memory. One place when I clicked on the donation link had a giant popup warning that the site was not secure and hackers may be trying to access credit card information. The next one had bible verses all over it. I feel sick.

How 'bout this one.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2017, 07:43 PM
Thank you GirlyMan. I just couldn't keep looking any more. I am sending them a check. I'm almost sure that's the one that had the popup although it doesn't seem to generate one right now. So I'll go "old-school" with it.

I really appreciate you looking for it for me.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
02-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Oh my Jesus I hate the verify you're not a computer shit when you gotta reset your password - do I add a space or not? Oh shit it's a password reset for the password reset since I hit reset and and I'm a reset past what I've reset so my password is still fucking wrong...

I finally logged in with my last attempt. I thought I was gonna have to motherfuckin sock puppet this forum as Nurse2.0

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
02-09-2017, 08:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 08:42 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-09-2017 07:43 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Thank you GirlyMan. I just couldn't keep looking any more. I am sending them a check. I'm almost sure that's the one that had the popup although it doesn't seem to generate one right now. So I'll go "old-school" with it.

Colleague of mine just lost one of his twins a year ago to it. How and when do you tell that to the twin? Another colleaque of mine lost a baby 20 years ago and, since he was an expert in fluid mechanics, developed this. It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do.

#sigh
02-09-2017, 08:44 PM
Nurse, I especially despise the ones that make me click on every box that has a road sign in it. Or a vehicle in it. Miss a tiny spot of minute-sized bumper and have to start all over.

On Apple, as in itunes, when I was creating my account I mis-typed my email reset address by one dot and now they tell me they can't correct it. Which makes a reset through automated email impossible. Another site (a government one) absolutely refuses to acknowledge that the answers to my security questions are correct and whenever I've gotten hold of a human being to try to fix it they claim they can't EVER reset security questions. But try to make a new account? Forget it. It "recognizes" me.

"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
[+] 2 users Like outtathereligioncloset's post
02-09-2017, 08:45 PM
Well, friends are being evacuated and coming here.

Thank goodness we've got plenty of food (in a day).

Might need to buy booze though. Might be impolite not to offer a cocktail.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
02-09-2017, 08:49 PM
(02-09-2017 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, friends are being evacuated and coming here.

Forest fires? Doesn't this happen like every season in OR? Isn't it just kinda like the Ents regularly reminding you of their disapproval at this point?

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
02-09-2017, 09:07 PM
(02-09-2017 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 07:43 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  Thank you GirlyMan. I just couldn't keep looking any more. I am sending them a check. I'm almost sure that's the one that had the popup although it doesn't seem to generate one right now. So I'll go "old-school" with it.

Colleague of mine just lost one of his twins a year ago to it. How and when do you tell that to the twin? Another colleaque of mine lost a baby 20 years ago and, since he was an expert in fluid mechanics, developed this. It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do.

I've heard about that monitor or something similar. And yeah, the twin question would REALLY suck...

"It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do." Sadly, the so-called preacher at this funeral told the grieving mother pretty much point-blank that her baby died because she hadn't accepted Christ as her savior. Through HIS and only HIS church being the only acceptable way to do that. To save her own soul and that of her older child of course. To the sounds of his "amen" chorus of church members who did not know the family but are apparently included as part of the whole funeral package... Okay, yeah apparently I CAN talk about some of it. I just can't get my blood pressure back down to normal whenever I try to describe that funeral. It's fucked up to lose a baby. I thought that was the most horrible thing that could happen. But I was wrong. That son of a rabid bitch made it sooooo much worse. At one point I had my husband on my left and my daughter on my right, both literally holding me back from going for his jugular with my bare hands. People who try to peddle religion to people at their lowest and weakest points in life are beneath pond scum.

[+] 1 user Likes outtathereligioncloset's post
02-09-2017, 09:14 PM
(02-09-2017 08:49 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 08:45 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well, friends are being evacuated and coming here.

Forest fires? Doesn't this happen like every season in OR? Isn't it just kinda like the Ents regularly reminding you of their disapproval at this point?

Yeah, but this fire is close to where they live, so they're leaving. There's no wind otherwise i'm sure we'd be smelling smoke from it.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

02-09-2017, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2017 09:24 PM by GirlyMan.)
(02-09-2017 09:07 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 08:38 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Colleague of mine just lost one of his twins a year ago to it. How and when do you tell that to the twin? Another colleaque of mine lost a baby 20 years ago and, since he was an expert in fluid mechanics, developed this. It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do.

I've heard about that monitor or something similar. And yeah, the twin question would REALLY suck...

"It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do." Sadly, the so-called preacher at this funeral told the grieving mother pretty much point-blank that her baby died because she hadn't accepted Christ as her savior. Through HIS and only HIS church being the only acceptable way to do that. To save her own soul and that of her older child of course. To the sounds of his "amen" chorus of church members who did not know the family but are apparently included as part of the whole funeral package... Okay, yeah apparently I CAN talk about some of it. I just can't get my blood pressure back down to normal whenever I try to describe that funeral. It's fucked up to lose a baby. I thought that was the most horrible thing that could happen. But I was wrong. That son of a rabid bitch made it sooooo much worse. At one point I had my husband on my left and my daughter on my right, both literally holding me back from going for his jugular.

I'm fixing to retire soon and start my own Church. In my Church parishioners get paid to hunt hypocritical and/or ignorant Christian profiteer pretenders and shame them in the public circle with the words of their own prophet and creeds. The Satanic Temple comes at them from the ridicule side, the FFRF and ACLU comes at them from the legal side, I'm gonna come at them from the Jesus side. And we put the parishioners on the payroll precisely to fund the work with tax-exempt money. Fuckers are starting to piss this Christian atheist off.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post