Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
02-09-2017, 09:41 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(02-09-2017 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm fixing to retire soon and start my own Church... Fuckers are starting to piss this Christian atheist off.

I get to go dress up for Gawd tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to go so far as to hold up holy hands, but you never know, the spirit of the vine might inspire me - I have to ensure I'm drunk enough to lessen the fucks I give about wasting my Sunday sitting on a church pew and sober enough that the good ol Baptists can't smell the alcohol.

Yesterday I was nice enough to walk a family member to an elevator in a different wing of the hospital so she wouldn't get lost, and I got handed a magazine on how to heal disease...apparently I'm wasting my time hanging vasopressors and passing meds, I just need to believe my patients will be healed and they'll get up and walk out of the front door of the hospital Lazarus style. I should be healed for at least a couple centuries with all the face palm worthy shit JWs litter the hospital with... Facepalm

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post
02-09-2017, 10:28 PM
(02-09-2017 12:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The new machine is waaaaaaaaay faster but we haven't transferred all the stuff and still need to find husband a mouse/keyboard that he likes (he wants kind of mouse that has a ball that moves because the one he's currently using hurts his wrist).

I'd like a keyboard that lights up, because it can be dark in that corner where the computer will live. Also, every keyboard has a feel...he loathes the laptop styled keyboards and frankly hates my laptop, which is fine by me.

Smile

My stepmom is the same way, prefers a trackball over a traditional mouse. Fortunately, they do still make those.

Here is the one my stepmom actually has, a stand alone trackball design by Logitech. It'll set you back less than $30 on Amazon.

[Image: 417FCRZRJ9L.jpg]

This one is more interesting, as it's a wireless mouse, and fits a more typical mouse design. In this case the trackball is thumb operated, as you hold the trackball house as you would otherwise a traditional mouse. However you can just place it where it is most comfortable, and no longer need to move the mouse itself to move the cursor. Not only that, but this one is actually cheaper than the previous one too.

[Image: 81V9jp0LuuL._SL1500_.jpg]

As for keyboards, I entirely agree with you. Back-lit keyboards are great, and cheaper or low profile keyboards that rely upon squishy membrane have a real crap feel to them. Mechanical keyboards are the way to go, and they're more mainstream than ever. So a mechanical keyboard has a physical mechanic switch under each and every key, and different types of switches have a different feel. The most common switches are called Cherry MX, and they come in 3 flavors; red, brown, and blue. Red has a very light and quiet, but still tactile, key press. Reds are typically favored by gamers, those who aren't using the keyboard primarily for typing. Blues are the opposite end of the spectrum, have a much more tactile and audible keystroke, feeling more like the archaic beige IBM PC compatible keyboards from the 80's. Brown switches are in-between, not being as clicky as blues, but having a little more resistance than reds.

I myself have a Corsair K70 LUX, in black gunmetal with blue LED lighting. It's elegant and simple, as I've already said, I do really enjoy Corsair's subdued industrial design. Now this set me back more than $100, but I think it's worth it. You can certainly find cheaper models from other manufacturers, but Corsair is up there with the best of the best alongside Razer and Gigabyte. It's a quality keyboard, with genuine Cherry MX Red switches, but you do pay for it.

[Image: 613PoPEdj%2BL._SL1200_.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
02-09-2017, 10:47 PM
(02-09-2017 09:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I get to go dress up for Gawd tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to go so far as to hold up holy hands, but you never know, the spirit of the vine might inspire me - I have to ensure I'm drunk enough to lessen the fucks I give about wasting my Sunday sitting on a church pew and sober enough that the good ol Baptists can't smell the alcohol.

Try the hallucinogens and disassociatives. They can't smell them and will think you're being touched by God. I've done this for my own amusement and yes I know that makes me a bad, bad man. Blush

#sigh
03-09-2017, 12:11 AM
(02-09-2017 10:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 12:50 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The new machine is waaaaaaaaay faster but we haven't transferred all the stuff and still need to find husband a mouse/keyboard that he likes (he wants kind of mouse that has a ball that moves because the one he's currently using hurts his wrist).

I'd like a keyboard that lights up, because it can be dark in that corner where the computer will live. Also, every keyboard has a feel...he loathes the laptop styled keyboards and frankly hates my laptop, which is fine by me.

Smile

My stepmom is the same way, prefers a trackball over a traditional mouse. Fortunately, they do still make those.

Here is the one my stepmom actually has, a stand alone trackball design by Logitech. It'll set you back less than $30 on Amazon.

This one is more interesting, as it's a wireless mouse, and fits a more typical mouse design. In this case the trackball is thumb operated, as you hold the trackball house as you would otherwise a traditional mouse. However you can just place it where it is most comfortable, and no longer need to move the mouse itself to move the cursor. Not only that, but this one is actually cheaper than the previous one too.

As for keyboards, I entirely agree with you. Back-lit keyboards are great, and cheaper or low profile keyboards that rely upon squishy membrane have a real crap feel to them. Mechanical keyboards are the way to go, and they're more mainstream than ever. So a mechanical keyboard has a physical mechanic switch under each and every key, and different types of switches have a different feel. The most common switches are called Cherry MX, and they come in 3 flavors; red, brown, and blue. Red has a very light and quiet, but still tactile, key press. Reds are typically favored by gamers, those who aren't using the keyboard primarily for typing. Blues are the opposite end of the spectrum, have a much more tactile and audible keystroke, feeling more like the archaic beige IBM PC compatible keyboards from the 80's. Brown switches are in-between, not being as clicky as blues, but having a little more resistance than reds.

I myself have a Corsair K70 LUX, in black gunmetal with blue LED lighting. It's elegant and simple, as I've already said, I do really enjoy Corsair's subdued industrial design. Now this set me back more than $100, but I think it's worth it. You can certainly find cheaper models from other manufacturers, but Corsair is up there with the best of the best alongside Razer and Gigabyte. It's a quality keyboard, with genuine Cherry MX Red switches, but you do pay for it.

Husband favors the first mouse with the ball in the middle, he's got thumb wrist and elbow issues because of work.

I love the mechanical keyboard...

My son has a cherry mx brown one, I've used it a few times and loved it too.

I don't know what kind of keyboard husband will choose.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-09-2017, 12:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 09:54 AM by EvolutionKills.)
(03-09-2017 12:11 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 10:28 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  My stepmom is the same way, prefers a trackball over a traditional mouse. Fortunately, they do still make those.

Husband favors the first mouse with the ball in the middle, he's got thumb wrist and elbow issues because of work.

I love the mechanical keyboard...

My son has a cherry mx brown one, I've used it a few times and loved it too.

I don't know what kind of keyboard husband will choose.

Cool, central trackball is the way to go. However I was thinking about it a little more, and that first one lacks a crucial feature, no scroll wheel. So to quickly scroll though documents, images, or web pages? Not going to happen. Fortunately there are other options, and I found 2 more you might want to consider. Both have a large central trackball, but also incorporate a scrolling solution.

Kensington Orbit Wireless Trackball Mouse @ Amazon ($35)

[Image: 41ppy-o1s7L.jpg]

This one is wireless, and is touch sensitive around the base of the trackball. So you can use that to scroll by dragging a finger along it clockwise or counter-clockwise, just like the classic iPods.

Kensington Orbit Trackball Mouse with Scroll Ring @ Amazon ($32)

[Image: 41QbKfl4%2BeL.jpg]

Similar, but wired and with a mechanical scroll ring that you physically rotate.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
03-09-2017, 07:44 AM
Oh boy, lookie what I got today Dodgy

Sorry if it's blurry/cut off, took these between customers.

[Image: image.jpg]

Ah the joys of working with customers.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
03-09-2017, 09:51 AM
(02-09-2017 09:41 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I'm fixing to retire soon and start my own Church... Fuckers are starting to piss this Christian atheist off.

I get to go dress up for Gawd tomorrow. I don't think I'm going to go so far as to hold up holy hands, but you never know, the spirit of the vine might inspire me - I have to ensure I'm drunk enough to lessen the fucks I give about wasting my Sunday sitting on a church pew and sober enough that the good ol Baptists can't smell the alcohol.

Yesterday I was nice enough to walk a family member to an elevator in a different wing of the hospital so she wouldn't get lost, and I got handed a magazine on how to heal disease...apparently I'm wasting my time hanging vasopressors and passing meds, I just need to believe my patients will be healed and they'll get up and walk out of the front door of the hospital Lazarus style. I should be healed for at least a couple centuries with all the face palm worthy shit JWs litter the hospital with... Facepalm

Yay, nurse is back, glad you are here m'dear Yes
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-09-2017, 09:57 AM
(02-09-2017 04:24 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 11:53 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Sorry but your country its police and its officials are a fucking laughing stock and emotionally challenged. Drinking Beverage

Free Thought lives in Australia, not America.

Ah, didn't know that sorry Free, the vid makes me angry whatever country its from, the nurse was following procedure, doing the right thing and gets arrested its fucked up, poor woman hope she sues the bastards.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
03-09-2017, 10:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-09-2017 10:26 AM by outtathereligioncloset.)
(02-09-2017 09:15 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(02-09-2017 09:07 PM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  I've heard about that monitor or something similar. And yeah, the twin question would REALLY suck...

"It's about the most fucked up psychological Book of Job thing I can think of that God could do." Sadly, the so-called preacher at this funeral told the grieving mother pretty much point-blank that her baby died because she hadn't accepted Christ as her savior. Through HIS and only HIS church being the only acceptable way to do that. To save her own soul and that of her older child of course. To the sounds of his "amen" chorus of church members who did not know the family but are apparently included as part of the whole funeral package... Okay, yeah apparently I CAN talk about some of it. I just can't get my blood pressure back down to normal whenever I try to describe that funeral. It's fucked up to lose a baby. I thought that was the most horrible thing that could happen. But I was wrong. That son of a rabid bitch made it sooooo much worse. At one point I had my husband on my left and my daughter on my right, both literally holding me back from going for his jugular.

I'm fixing to retire soon and start my own Church. In my Church parishioners get paid to hunt hypocritical and/or ignorant Christian profiteer pretenders and shame them in the public circle with the words of their own prophet and creeds. The Satanic Temple comes at them from the ridicule side, the FFRF and ACLU comes at them from the legal side, I'm gonna come at them from the Jesus side. And we put the parishioners on the payroll precisely to fund the work with tax-exempt money. Fuckers are starting to piss this Christian atheist off.

Sign me up. Please know that you are welcome to join The Church of the Rising Penis (all rise) and we can work on making it an official 501 c-3 organization to achieve that. THIS is a cause I could get on board with. I would have to respectfully insist on this turd being first on the list though. Not only did his church marquee have the sheer audacity to say "All are Welcome" his first words when we got there and asked where the bathroom was were a jab at trans people and bathrooms. AND I couldn't help but noticing that the written handout for the graveside part of the service had altered the words I learned as a child to the song "Jesus Loves Me" from "red, brown, yellow, black and white..." to "red and yellow, black and white." His diatribe on the Pope being wrong about not having to be christian to get into heaven, that good atheists and all good people are *redeemable* acceptable in god's eyes etc., calling it garbage and saying the only way for any of us to ever see that baby again in heaven was if we joined and contributed to HIS church... All said with the grammar of an obviously poorly educated redneck soapbox street preacher....

Shit! There I go again raising my blood pressure.

Where are we going and why am I in this hand basket?
"Life is not all lovely thorns and singing vultures, you know." ~ Morticia Addams
03-09-2017, 11:38 AM
(03-09-2017 07:44 AM)Loom Wrote:  Oh boy, lookie what I got today Dodgy

Sorry if it's blurry/cut off, took these between customers.

Ah the joys of working with customers.

I am so jealous! An actual Chick Tract!!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user