Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
21-09-2017, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2017 05:00 AM by julep.)
RE: Ranting corner
(21-09-2017 08:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 08:12 PM)julep Wrote:  My son (college sophomore) is going through his first breakup. I'm utterly panicked about how to deal with it. She's a nice girl with similar diagnoses. I can't slam her because she's going through a journey herself, plus I'm not sure they won't end up together in a few years.

But he's hurting, bad. I wish there were better words available to me to make him feel better. I talked to him tonight, can't feel if he's putting up a front. So worried about him. I'm so frightened and sad and worried. Although I have to say that he's a level-headed wonderful human. I should be confident in his skills to deal with this. I guess I am, but waiting to know the outcome is stab-stab-punch-stab.

Do you want to know how Girly dealt with this for my three sons? Don't matter, I'm gonna tell you anyway. Hookers and blow. I suggested (they swear I threatened, but I point out to them the legal distinction) that we go out for hookers and blow. None of them took me up on it but I like to think it helped them put it in perspective. ... I do realize that these particular social adaptation techniques may be peculiar to PG County, People's Republic of Maryland, but I can vouch for their effectiveness.

Now my daughter, well she don't need no help. Why her ex-boyfriends think they can come to me appealing their case after she's already made her judgment is beyond me. Why they think I won't just kick their ass out of principle is also beyond me. I look at them like the idiots they are without saying a word until they leave. This has happened twice now. I'm going to have to tell my daughter if this latest one comes to me, I'm disowning her.

Thanks, Girly. I'm such a square at this point that I'm not sure where i'd go for either...

I know I have to let go and let kid use his emotional intellegiance. NO CONTROL. I don't like it!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
21-09-2017, 10:33 PM
(21-09-2017 08:52 PM)julep Wrote:  I know I have to let go and lay kid use his emotional intellegianfe. NO CONTROL. I don't like it!

What you don't like is the realization you were never in control of anything. It's all just happenstance. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
22-09-2017, 06:39 AM
So the customer from yesterday came back today. He's no off-duty cop, but he did say he was in the Army for a few decades. Said chasing the thieves was an old Army dude thing.

He'd only chased the goons about a mile while on the phone with police til they convinced him to quit chasing.

As far as the police cars and ambulence that took off the same direction--most likely just coincidence. Police usually don't pursue shoplifters.

But phew! That old dude scared me! You never know if the perps have a weapon, besides the 2 ton vehicle they're driving.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 1 user Likes Loom's post
22-09-2017, 08:20 AM
(21-09-2017 02:01 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(21-09-2017 01:34 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  His momma didn't raise him right.

No, I think she didn't hug him enough Drinking Beverage

Incorrect on all guesses. Growing up, the kids I grew up with had no sympathy or empathy for me. So, I lost that part of myself. In this life, the only person that truly gives a shit at all about you is you.
22-09-2017, 08:41 AM
(22-09-2017 08:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Incorrect on all guesses. Growing up, the kids I grew up with had no sympathy or empathy for me. So, I lost that part of myself. In this life, the only person that truly gives a shit at all about you is you.

You're really a sad pathetic human, aren't you?

Growing up kids didn't show you empathy or sympathy, perhaps and I'm just taking a shot in the dark, because you were a self serving asshole as a kid.

One of those personalities that believe everyone should cater to their needs, but rarely give back -- in fact people like that tend to do the easy thing rather than the right thing that builds a friendship.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-09-2017, 09:03 AM
(22-09-2017 08:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 08:20 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Incorrect on all guesses. Growing up, the kids I grew up with had no sympathy or empathy for me. So, I lost that part of myself. In this life, the only person that truly gives a shit at all about you is you.

Growing up kids didn't show you empathy or sympathy, perhaps and I'm just taking a shot in the dark, because you were a self serving asshole as a kid.

One of those personalities that believe everyone should cater to their needs, but rarely give back -- in fact people like that tend to do the easy thing rather than the right thing that builds a friendship.

Again notice how all his problems are somebody else's fault. No personal responsibility. What a fucking looser.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
22-09-2017, 09:15 AM
[Image: NM9w6JX.png]

So that popped up in my feed, courtesy of an Evangelical youth minister. Terrible graphic design in an attempt to like 'hip and relevant' or 'edgy and cool' like so many non-denominational Evangelical megachurches are trying to do these days. All while subtly reinforcing, "We're patriotic Christians, yes we are, see that red, white, and blue color scheme?" even though the ministers there are always railing against the government while simultaneously pushing the idea of Republican Jesus.

And the band names? So corny...Scarlight instead of Starlight; I assume we are 'illuminated by the scars of Christ's wounds' or something. Assuming that because they're probably a local Christian band, because the only band I can find with that name is actually a song from another Christian band, not even the band itself. Heart Strings? Not exactly pulling on my heartstrings. Merci and Me? What a way to rip off an infinitely more popular Christian worship band, MercyMe. Bet you're hoping to draw in people who don't read closely!

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-09-2017, 09:32 AM
(22-09-2017 08:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

No, wrong again. I grew up in an area full of nickel millionaires. You know, the type with high paying careers but stretch themselves our so far that even a week without the high income would see them completely broke? They thought their shit didn't stink and raised their kids to be nasty little shits. I was smaller than they were, so they made fun of me. I learned real quick that emotions were trouble. They hurt me with words, until I finally got big enough that I didn't give a shit if it turned physical. I was a really positive and happy kid until my parents decided to move to that town. Life lessons learned when I was little, make me who I am today. One of the bitch mothers ran over my ankle on my right and didn't give a shit. Showed zero emotion at all. I don't have many emotions today. Anger, (I can be happy though rarely), and indifference. If you won't work to feed yourself, you don't deserve my money. If you truly can't physically, that is what disability is for. If you are capable but won't, you should go the way of the dinosaur.
22-09-2017, 09:41 AM
(22-09-2017 09:32 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, wrong again. I grew up in an area full of nickel millionaires. You know, the type with high paying careers but stretch themselves our so far that even a week without the high income would see them completely broke? They thought their shit didn't stink and raised their kids to be nasty little shits. I was smaller than they were, so they made fun of me. I learned real quick that emotions were trouble. They hurt me with words, until I finally got big enough that I didn't give a shit if it turned physical. I was a really positive and happy kid until my parents decided to move to that town. Life lessons learned when I was little, make me who I am today. One of the bitch mothers ran over my ankle on my right and didn't give a shit. Showed zero emotion at all. I don't have many emotions today. Anger, (I can be happy though rarely), and indifference. If you won't work to feed yourself, you don't deserve my money. If you truly can't physically, that is what disability is for. If you are capable but won't, you should go the way of the dinosaur.

Just because people treated you like shit, doesnt give you the right to act like an total nutsack.

We've all had a tough time, some tougher than others, and unless you're missing something the gist of your issues are: "some rich people picked on me", which in the grand scheme of things is a total "nothing" on the scale of troubles. People go through all sorts of shit and come out of it being better people. Horrific stuff that no person should ever have to be put through, and still act like better people. Yet all I've seen of your posts is "woe is me, some twat treated me badly". Whoopdy doo for you dude. See a Councillor or something.

Noboby here is suggesting you should change your views on things, as I agree with you about people who should work but don't. I've worked since the age of 16, and slowly clawed my way up and there are people on the scrounge taking my tax money to feed themselves, whilst I work for it. But does that mean I have to be a total prick about it? Not at all.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
22-09-2017, 09:58 AM
(22-09-2017 09:41 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 09:32 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  No, wrong again. I grew up in an area full of nickel millionaires. You know, the type with high paying careers but stretch themselves our so far that even a week without the high income would see them completely broke? They thought their shit didn't stink and raised their kids to be nasty little shits. I was smaller than they were, so they made fun of me. I learned real quick that emotions were trouble. They hurt me with words, until I finally got big enough that I didn't give a shit if it turned physical. I was a really positive and happy kid until my parents decided to move to that town. Life lessons learned when I was little, make me who I am today. One of the bitch mothers ran over my ankle on my right and didn't give a shit. Showed zero emotion at all. I don't have many emotions today. Anger, (I can be happy though rarely), and indifference. If you won't work to feed yourself, you don't deserve my money. If you truly can't physically, that is what disability is for. If you are capable but won't, you should go the way of the dinosaur.

Just because people treated you like shit, doesnt give you the right to act like an total nutsack.

We've all had a tough time, some tougher than others, and unless you're missing something the gist of your issues are: "some rich people picked on me", which in the grand scheme of things is a total "nothing" on the scale of troubles. People go through all sorts of shit and come out of it being better people. Horrific stuff that no person should ever have to be put through, and still act like better people. Yet all I've seen of your posts is "woe is me, some twat treated me badly". Whoopdy doo for you dude. See a Councillor or something.

Noboby here is suggesting you should change your views on things, as I agree with you about people who should work but don't. I've worked since the age of 16, and slowly clawed my way up and there are people on the scrounge taking my tax money to feed themselves, whilst I work for it. But does that mean I have to be a total prick about it? Not at all.

I am leaving a bunch of things out. In second grade the teacher enjoyed picking on me and if I said what happened, you would know it was picking on me. Not just being a teacher. The aide in the same class, the fat tub of shit she was also enjoyed putting me down. My life was a living hell for quite a chunk of my early years.
As far as being a dick about people living off the system. They were raised to believe there is nothing at all wrong with that choice. Until people let them know it is not an acceptable means of living, nor deserving of respect they will continue to think it is. I am a firm believer in when you go to quickcheck or a restaurant or order a lobster from a supermarket, your ebt/foodstamp card should not allow the purchase.