Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-09-2017, 01:10 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2017 01:14 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
RE: Ranting corner
(22-09-2017 09:32 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 08:41 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  You're really a sad pathetic human, aren't you?

Growing up kids didn't show you empathy or sympathy, perhaps and I'm just taking a shot in the dark, because you were a self serving asshole as a kid.

One of those personalities that believe everyone should cater to their needs, but rarely give back -- in fact people like that tend to do the easy thing rather than the right thing that builds a friendship.

No, wrong again. I grew up in an area full of nickel millionaires. You know, the type with high paying careers but stretch themselves our so far that even a week without the high income would see them completely broke? They thought their shit didn't stink and raised their kids to be nasty little shits. I was smaller than they were, so they made fun of me. I learned real quick that emotions were trouble. They hurt me with words, until I finally got big enough that I didn't give a shit if it turned physical. I was a really positive and happy kid until my parents decided to move to that town. Life lessons learned when I was little, make me who I am today. One of the bitch mothers ran over my ankle on my right and didn't give a shit. Showed zero emotion at all. I don't have many emotions today. Anger, (I can be happy though rarely), and indifference. If you won't work to feed yourself, you don't deserve my money. If you truly can't physically, that is what disability is for. If you are capable but won't, you should go the way of the dinosaur.

Sad

Unless you had access to their financial documents you have no right to say shit about them. Period. Keep your projections about how others live to your small minded self. That's all you ever do is project what you believe about others, add in a dose of confirmation bias and you are no better than the religious asshole telling everyone that they're going to hell.

You're just a judgmental asshole that hasn't any friends that don't cater to your set of ideals.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-09-2017, 01:56 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2017 02:33 PM by pablo.)
(22-09-2017 12:31 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 10:59 AM)Loom Wrote:  I am a quiet person. I've always been quiet. In school kids ridiculed me for my lisp, so I rarely spoke unless I needed to. I'm also hard of hearing, which makes it difficult for me sometimes to know if I'm being too quiet or too loud. I haven't had an official diagnosis, but I've always scored low on the hearing tests they take in schools, and the one I took while trying to join the Air Force wasn't promising either--I'm quite certain I have a small degree of deafness.

As a result, I'm quiet.

Is being softspoken a crime?

Apparently if you're a cashier working retail it is. At least, according to this female today (I will not grace her with the term lady, or even woman).

I was standing at my register trying to enjoy the outdoors as the muggy heat began to build, when a middle-aged female came in through the archway that doubles as the entry/exit of the garden center. I greet her with a peppy (but clearly too quiet) "Hi!" and a smile.

The female piped "Hi," back, then immediately spun on her heels and snapped at me, "Do you know how to greet people?!"

Taken aback, and not quite sure if I heard her correctly, I ask "I'm sorry?"

"DO YOU KNOW HOW TO GREET PEOPLE."

"I...said hi?"

"I could BARELY hear you! You were so quiet! You need to speak up! You are working in customer SERVICE which means you NEED to speak up! This is ridiculous!"

And as I shakily mete out an apology, she storms off to do whatever shopping a female like her needs to do.

Call me sensitive but that made me tear up! I've always struggled being able to talk properly, and with my awkwardness and lisp it's quite the endeavor. To have someone SNAP for something so menial, something that's burdened me my entire life, just hurt.

Fuck people.

There is an actor whom I like primarily because of his voice, so soft and calming and quiet. I can't stand loud people.

Even less can I stand people who mistreat waiters, cashiers, etc. Seriously, this is like the ultimate asshole litmus test - if you mistreat people whom you assume are "beneath you", just because of their job, you're a vile piece of shit and there's nothing you can ever say or do to make me change my mind about you.

When I was just a kid in high school I worked in a sit-down restaurant with waitresses. I can tell you first hand that they bust their asses to make sure you get your food as soon as possible.

Do they make mistakes from time to time? Sure but that is no reason to talk down to them, treat them like shit, and certainly stiff them on a tip.
All that does is prove what a dick you are.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
22-09-2017, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 22-09-2017 02:09 PM by Loom.)
I honestly feel bad for whoever she's married to--she had a sparkling wedding ring.

I wasn't the one who rang her out, thankfully (lunch break saves the day!)

Apparently she was super sweet to the other cashier, who's just as quiet as me if not more. Maybe I was the lucky one to catch her in a bad moment Dodgy

Since bad moments clearly give you license to treat people like shit for shitty reasons.

Dodgy

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
22-09-2017, 02:18 PM
(22-09-2017 12:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 11:37 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Lol, nothing quite in that league, Wink running people off the road is hugely irresponsible but isn't the term attempted murderer over the top ?, I don't think he ever wanted to really hurt someone just to make frustration known, irresponsible yes deserving of a driving ban before he hurts someone? Abso fucking lutly I would ban his ass and make him retake his driving test. Call me sentimental but I'm just not prepared to totally demonise such a misguided fragile person and I do think he is genuinely fragile.

With recent events I have begun to give less allowances to people like Birdguy because making excuses for racist trash is what leads to Nazi's openly marching on the street and Police departments killing PoC with no repercussions. Making someone who is in a privileged class feel better about being a trash person is actively harmful. He wants friends and respect then he should face up to being a racist piece of shit and change. To make excuses for him is to enable that toxic attitude.

But if he is toxicly fragile and I believe he is, isn't all stick and no carrot just going to entrench him in his attitudes even more deeply?
22-09-2017, 02:19 PM
(22-09-2017 02:06 PM)Loom Wrote:  I honestly feel bad for whoever she's married to--she had a sparkling wedding ring.

I wasn't the one who rang her out, thankfully (lunch break saves the day!)

Apparently she was super sweet to the other cashier, who's just as quiet as me if not more. Maybe I was the lucky one to catch her in a bad moment Dodgy

Since bad moments clearly give you license to treat people like shit for shitty reasons.

Dodgy

Any sort of customer service job has to be the absolute worst thing ever. I would be so tempted to come back with something really snarky but I have worked as a waitress, a grocery store cashier, a bartender, and was backup dispatcher for an HVAC company, as well as answering phones in my father's veterinary practice. Trying to put on a smile when people think they can treat you in the worst way possible is exhausting but necessary when that's your job.

Some people don't like it if you are too quiet...some don't like it when you say too much and until you 'know' a person you don't have a clue what you are faced with.

Added to the misery is the stupid stuff corporate wants you to say and you have a recipe for disaster...yes, I have a customer rewards card...can I put my stuff on the conveyor before I get my wallet out? Yes, I know you are told to ask this question...but once is enough...it's a vicious circle between what the company wants and what the customer wants and the poor customer service person is stuck in the middle trying to juggle what are often two opposite desires.

I think everyone should sling drinks, wait tables, work retail, or field CSR calls for at least six months so they have a taste for what it's like on both sides.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
22-09-2017, 02:27 PM
I honestly don't get people who even get annoyed with service stuff. Leaving aside the rare psychopath, however bad they might be at their job (and most are okay, at least in my experience), you only have to take it for, like, 5-10-20 minutes. This is their lives (at least for a while), 8 hours out of every single day, dealing with shitty, arrogant, entitled pieces of shit on a power trip at the expense of someone they believe they are in a position of power over.

Yeah, cry me a river about the crappy waitress you had, you jerk. And then go jump in it and drown.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
22-09-2017, 02:32 PM
(22-09-2017 02:18 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 12:44 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  With recent events I have begun to give less allowances to people like Birdguy because making excuses for racist trash is what leads to Nazi's openly marching on the street and Police departments killing PoC with no repercussions. Making someone who is in a privileged class feel better about being a trash person is actively harmful. He wants friends and respect then he should face up to being a racist piece of shit and change. To make excuses for him is to enable that toxic attitude.

But if he is toxicly fragile and I believe he is, isn't all stick and no carrot just going to entrench him in his attitudes even more deeply?

Honestly save your sympathies for the people that need them, not spoiled children that blame everyone else for their problems. Again catering to his toxic personality only enables it, much like an addict you have to give them a choice shape up or ship out.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-09-2017, 02:39 PM
I've decided that i like the way my iPhone wakes me up in the morning better than my alarm clock.

The only sticking point is that now I need to really remember to bring it upstairs at night. Dodgy

Next week, everyone is back to their morning routines..Which means I'll be cooking breakfast for the kids again. Oh, happy days...

Yes, I know that they can make their own...but that would just be a lot of pre-made crap like eggo waffles and pop tarts, that shit isn't cheap considering how much these kids can put away. Making breakfast is actually far more cost effective.

I could just make a bunch of hard boiled eggs, but the kiddo hates those...

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
22-09-2017, 02:39 PM
Oh crap....

Also gotta plan the menu for the week too....

22-09-2017, 02:50 PM
(22-09-2017 02:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I've decided that i like the way my iPhone wakes me up in the morning better than my alarm clock.

The only sticking point is that now I need to really remember to bring it upstairs at night. Dodgy

Next week, everyone is back to their morning routines..Which means I'll be cooking breakfast for the kids again. Oh, happy days...

Yes, I know that they can make their own...but that would just be a lot of pre-made crap like eggo waffles and pop tarts, that shit isn't cheap considering how much these kids can put away. Making breakfast is actually far more cost effective.

I could just make a bunch of hard boiled eggs, but the kiddo hates those...

Yes, it's cheaper, it also tastes better, and in most cases it's better for you.
I'd rather cook from scratch rather than some frozen thing every time.
Thumbsup
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post