Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-09-2017, 02:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(22-09-2017 02:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 02:06 PM)Loom Wrote:  I honestly feel bad for whoever she's married to--she had a sparkling wedding ring.

I wasn't the one who rang her out, thankfully (lunch break saves the day!)

Apparently she was super sweet to the other cashier, who's just as quiet as me if not more. Maybe I was the lucky one to catch her in a bad moment Dodgy

Since bad moments clearly give you license to treat people like shit for shitty reasons.

Dodgy

Any sort of customer service job has to be the absolute worst thing ever. I would be so tempted to come back with something really snarky but I have worked as a waitress, a grocery store cashier, a bartender, and was backup dispatcher for an HVAC company, as well as answering phones in my father's veterinary practice. Trying to put on a smile when people think they can treat you in the worst way possible is exhausting but necessary when that's your job.

Some people don't like it if you are too quiet...some don't like it when you say too much and until you 'know' a person you don't have a clue what you are faced with.

Added to the misery is the stupid stuff corporate wants you to say and you have a recipe for disaster...yes, I have a customer rewards card...can I put my stuff on the conveyor before I get my wallet out? Yes, I know you are told to ask this question...but once is enough...it's a vicious circle between what the company wants and what the customer wants and the poor customer service person is stuck in the middle trying to juggle what are often two opposite desires.

I think everyone should sling drinks, wait tables, work retail, or field CSR calls for at least six months so they have a taste for what it's like on both sides.

I agree. Make it mandatory to graduate highschool (if capable of working, obviously).

I swear 90% of the rude people I encounter wouldn't last a day, especially if they knew what their pay was.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Loom's post
22-09-2017, 03:01 PM
(22-09-2017 02:55 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 02:19 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Any sort of customer service job has to be the absolute worst thing ever. I would be so tempted to come back with something really snarky but I have worked as a waitress, a grocery store cashier, a bartender, and was backup dispatcher for an HVAC company, as well as answering phones in my father's veterinary practice. Trying to put on a smile when people think they can treat you in the worst way possible is exhausting but necessary when that's your job.

Some people don't like it if you are too quiet...some don't like it when you say too much and until you 'know' a person you don't have a clue what you are faced with.

Added to the misery is the stupid stuff corporate wants you to say and you have a recipe for disaster...yes, I have a customer rewards card...can I put my stuff on the conveyor before I get my wallet out? Yes, I know you are told to ask this question...but once is enough...it's a vicious circle between what the company wants and what the customer wants and the poor customer service person is stuck in the middle trying to juggle what are often two opposite desires.

I think everyone should sling drinks, wait tables, work retail, or field CSR calls for at least six months so they have a taste for what it's like on both sides.

I agree. Make it mandatory to graduate highschool (if capable of working, obviously).

I swear 90% of the rude people I encounter wouldn't last a day, especially if they knew what their pay was.

People who are rude to service personnel are just the worst kind of people.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 3 users Like Revenant77x's post
22-09-2017, 03:05 PM
(22-09-2017 02:32 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 02:18 PM)adey67 Wrote:  But if he is toxicly fragile and I believe he is, isn't all stick and no carrot just going to entrench him in his attitudes even more deeply?

Honestly save your sympathies for the people that need them, not spoiled children that blame everyone else for their problems. Again catering to his toxic personality only enables it, much like an addict you have to give them a choice shape up or ship out.

Birdbrain brings bigotry and hatred to a whole other level. And he does not listen to what anyone tries to say...no matter how nicely.

Toxicly fragile, my ass, that's not even a thing. He's a self-professed victim. If I really thought he could be helped I would suggest medication...but you see, everything is the fault of someone else...everything, therefore you would have to medicate everyone else...though it still wouldn't be enough. Somewhere there would be someone who either wronged him or reminds him of someone who supposed wronged him.

Toxic I will agree with...toxic to himself and others.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
23-09-2017, 06:24 AM
(22-09-2017 10:52 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 10:43 AM)adey67 Wrote:  I remember some good posts but I think it would take an amount of time to find them that I do not have. Birdy definitely has issues no argument there from me at all I take issue with him being the worst on this site because I don't think he is. He takes no personal responsibility as you say which is immature. He needs a kick up the butt but he's not the worst I've encountered here by a long stretch, if he was he'd have been banned by now imo. Also I never said he was a good guy I said I quite liked him and implied strongly that this was when he wasn't being a whiny racist bitch. He's said some.pretty bad shit in the past but then so have I truth be told.

How is my being against welfare racist? How is my wanting people living on welfare and making bad decisions to be held accountable and put to work if possible, racist? Are you saying that only minorities are on welfare? That sounds a bit racist to me.
23-09-2017, 06:38 AM
(23-09-2017 06:24 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

How is my being against welfare racist? How is my wanting people living on welfare and making bad decisions to be held accountable and put to work if possible, racist? Are you saying that only minorities are on welfare? That sounds a bit racist to me.
I'm not trawling through reams of posts looking for confirmation one way or another so lets assume you are right and move on and lets get a few things straight I'm not the enemy here, in fact I rather went out on a limb to stick up for you as far as it was possible to do so. So lets both cut the crap of alleged racism, others may delve but I have neither the time or the mobile credit for that sort of thing.
23-09-2017, 07:19 AM
(23-09-2017 06:24 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  

No, that's not right. It's not being against welfare that makes you racist, it's because you're racist that you are against welfare. Unlike adey, I will pull up your posts to prove it. Here's one to start, I'll go get more.

(01-11-2012 12:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You are wrong about that. If you are black and want to work for the post office, they add at least 5-10 points to your test if you are a so called minority (black, hispanic, etc.). If you are white and you fail, you fail. If you are black and you fail, you might just still pass. So many jobs are like that these days. All the politicians will end up doing is giving certain groups ammunition and make it worse on anyone that is white and male.

Black and minorities do not receive extra points on the Postal or any other Civil Service exam. Vets get 5 or 10 point preference, don't matter what color they are. You're not only a racist, you're a stupid fucking racist.

#sigh
[+] 6 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2017, 07:48 AM
(23-09-2017 07:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 06:24 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  How is my being against welfare racist? How is my wanting people living on welfare and making bad decisions to be held accountable and put to work if possible, racist? Are you saying that only minorities are on welfare? That sounds a bit racist to me.

No, that's not right. It's not being against welfare that makes you racist, it's because you're racist that you are against welfare. Unlike adey, I will pull up your posts to prove it. Here's one to start, I'll go get more.

(01-11-2012 12:57 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  You are wrong about that. If you are black and want to work for the post office, they add at least 5-10 points to your test if you are a so called minority (black, hispanic, etc.). If you are white and you fail, you fail. If you are black and you fail, you might just still pass. So many jobs are like that these days. All the politicians will end up doing is giving certain groups ammunition and make it worse on anyone that is white and male.

Black and minorities do not receive extra points on the Postal or any other Civil Service exam. Vets get 5 or 10 point preference, don't matter what color they are. You're not only a racist, you're a stupid fucking racist.

Thanks girly, I kinda knew there were posts like that somewhere just didn't know where. I strongly suspect that birdys silence in response to this will be deafening.
23-09-2017, 08:19 AM (This post was last modified: 23-09-2017 08:23 AM by GirlyMan.)
(23-09-2017 07:48 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 07:19 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  No, that's not right. It's not being against welfare that makes you racist, it's because you're racist that you are against welfare. Unlike adey, I will pull up your posts to prove it. Here's one to start, I'll go get more.

Thanks girly, I kinda knew there were posts like that somewhere just didn't know where. I strongly suspect that birdys silence in response to this will be deafening.

He has many posts like this. BirdBrain's a fucking racist idiot blaming his ills on the fact that he's not only too stupid to be of any market value, he's too stupid to take advantage of that fact that he's too stupid to be of any market value. The real welfare is that the only reason anyone would hire him at all is out of pity.

#sigh
[+] 5 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2017, 08:33 AM
(22-09-2017 03:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's a self-professed victim. If I really thought he could be helped I would suggest medication...but you see, everything is the fault of someone else...everything, therefore you would have to medicate everyone else...though it still wouldn't be enough. Somewhere there would be someone who either wronged him or reminds him of someone who supposed wronged him.

I tried to help him once. My mistake was using symbols like x, /, and % without realizing he has not yet learned the concepts of +, - , >, and <.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2017, 08:47 AM
(23-09-2017 08:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 03:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's a self-professed victim. If I really thought he could be helped I would suggest medication...but you see, everything is the fault of someone else...everything, therefore you would have to medicate everyone else...though it still wouldn't be enough. Somewhere there would be someone who either wronged him or reminds him of someone who supposed wronged him.

I tried to help him once. My mistake was using symbols like x, /, and % without realizing he has not yet learned the concepts of +, - , >, and <.

Well I've certainly learned my lesson that's for sure.