Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
23-09-2017, 08:55 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(23-09-2017 08:47 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 08:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I tried to help him once. My mistake was using symbols like x, /, and % without realizing he has not yet learned the concepts of +, - , >, and <.

Well I've certainly learned my lesson that's for sure.

Don't let me stop you, it was worth a try, just realize the density involved may require acetylene torches and specialized stone cutting tools. I had to stop because when all else fails, it comes down to dynamite and blasting caps.

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
23-09-2017, 10:03 AM
(23-09-2017 08:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 08:47 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Well I've certainly learned my lesson that's for sure.

Don't let me stop you, it was worth a try, just realize the density involved may require acetylene torches and specialized stone cutting tools. I had to stop because when all else fails, it comes down to dynamite and blasting caps.

Yeah but others tried to point out the folly of my attempt and they were proved right, there comes a point when it is extreme foolishness to continue.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
23-09-2017, 10:14 AM
(23-09-2017 10:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 08:55 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Don't let me stop you, it was worth a try, just realize the density involved may require acetylene torches and specialized stone cutting tools. I had to stop because when all else fails, it comes down to dynamite and blasting caps.

Yeah but others tried to point out the folly of my attempt and they were proved right, there comes a point when it is extreme foolishness to continue.

Like I said, blasting caps and dynamite.

#sigh
23-09-2017, 10:54 AM
(23-09-2017 10:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 10:03 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Yeah but others tried to point out the folly of my attempt and they were proved right, there comes a point when it is extreme foolishness to continue.

Like I said, blasting caps and dynamite.

Seems to be the only thing he's gonna understand and probably only vaguely at that. Sad
23-09-2017, 01:42 PM
(23-09-2017 08:33 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(22-09-2017 03:05 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He's a self-professed victim. If I really thought he could be helped I would suggest medication...but you see, everything is the fault of someone else...everything, therefore you would have to medicate everyone else...though it still wouldn't be enough. Somewhere there would be someone who either wronged him or reminds him of someone who supposed wronged him.

I tried to help him once. My mistake was using symbols like x, /, and % without realizing he has not yet learned the concepts of +, - , >, and <.

Maths is an affirmative action plot after all Drinking Beverage

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post
23-09-2017, 02:34 PM
Maybe these corticosteroids are affecting me after all.
23-09-2017, 04:18 PM
(23-09-2017 10:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 10:14 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Like I said, blasting caps and dynamite.

Seems to be the only thing he's gonna understand and probably only vaguely at that. Sad

If it makes you feel better I think you are a good person, far better then Birdguy deserves.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
24-09-2017, 03:03 AM
(23-09-2017 04:18 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(23-09-2017 10:54 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Seems to be the only thing he's gonna understand and probably only vaguely at that. Sad

If it makes you feel better I think you are a good person, far better then Birdguy deserves.

Thanks, that's nice to know Blush
24-09-2017, 06:49 AM (This post was last modified: 24-09-2017 06:58 AM by Loom.)
Is there a full moon or something? I seem to be having a streak of bad customers.

Yesterday I had a lady who was buying a bunch of broken bags--mulch, soil, rock, and one bag of lawn fertilizer. Her total was about $56.

Welp, her card kept declining, so she decided to pay cash, but didn't have enough for it all. So she decided to take off the fertilizer first, since it was the priciest item.

Now, our broken bags are placed into a larger plastic bag in order to keep them from spilling. So what does she do? Grip the bag so hard that a hole opens up.

The fertilizer begins to pour out, onto my counter, onto her cart, onto everything. This is bag can cover 15,000 square feet. So there's a lot.

We only have regular grocery bags and sheets of plastic at the register, both of which'll do no good, so I tell her to set the bag on the ground so it'll at least stop pouring.

She stands there.

It's still pouring.

Not thinking, I go around my register to take it from her and end up with fertilizer all over my hands, arms, legs, and in my shoes.

By now the bag is virtually empty. There's now a moderately sized mound blocking my register.

She apologised and asked what her new total was.

I have to use paper towel to touch my register in order not to gunk it up.

Even though the total dropped by half, she still doesn't have enough cash. I ask her how much cash she does have, but she wordlessly grabs more bags off her cart. Throwing them on top of the fertilizer mound. A couple of these also burst, adding rock and soil to the pile.

Again she asks me her total. About $15 now.

She grabs more bags , one of which bursts open completely because she picked it up at the wrong end. More rock everywhere.

I ask again how much cash she has to work with, but she keeps taking off more bags. Mulch has now burst everywhere. My hands are turning red and starting to burn from the fertilizer.

Finally, she's down to just 3 bags, soil and mulch. At least a dozen bags are piled next to her atop a mound of loose mulch, rock, soil, and of course, 15,000 square feet's worth of fertilizer. My register is a complete mess.

She buys these bags with $7.00 and leaves with a brief apology.

I have to call backup to clean up the mess, and so I can run to the restroom to wash off the fertilizer. It takes us nearly 20 minutes to clean it up. Because of how marked down the bags were, we got virtually nothing from her $7.00. Nearly all the bags that she left were a total loss, costing us over $45.

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to stay polite.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
24-09-2017, 06:55 AM
(24-09-2017 06:49 AM)Loom Wrote:  Is there a full moon or something? I seem to be having a streak of bad customers.

Yesterday I had a lady who was buying a bunch of broken bags--mulch, soil, rock, and one bag of lawn fertilizer. Her total was about $56.

Welp, her card kept declining, so she decided to pay cash, but didn't have enough for it all. So she decided to take off the fertilizer first, since it was the priciest item.

Now, our broken bags are placed into a larger plastic bag in order to keep them from spilling. So what does she do? Grip the bag so hard that a hole opens up.

The fertilizer begins to pour out, onto my counter, onto her cart, onto everything. This is bag can cover 15,000 square feet. So there's a lot.

We only have regular grocery bags and sheets of plastic at the register, both of which'll do no good, so I tell her to set the bag on the ground so it'll at least stop pouring.

She stands there.

It's still pouring.

Not thinking, I go around my register to take it from her and end up with fertilizer all over my hands, arms, legs, and in my shoes.

By now the bag is virtually empty. There's now a moderately sized mound blocking my register.

She apologised and asked what her new total was.

I have to use paper towel to touch my register in order not to gunk it up.

Even though the total dropped by half, she still doesn't have enough cash. I ask her how much cash she does have, but she wordlessly grabs more bags off her cart. Theowing them on top of the fertilizer mound. A couple of these also burst, adding rock and soil to the pile.

Again she asks me her total. About $15 now.

She grabs more bags , one of which bursts open completely because she picked it up at the wrong end. More rock everywhere.

I ask again how much cash she has to work with, but she kerps taking off more bags. Mulch has now burst everywhere. My hands are turning red and starting to burn from the fertilizer.

Finally, she's down to judt 3 bags, soil and mulch. At least a dozen bags are piled next to her atop a mound of loose mulch, rock, soil, and of course, 15,000 square feet's worth of fertilizer. My register is a complete mess.

She buys these bags with $7.00 and leaves with a brief apology.

I have to call backup to clean up the mess, and so I can run to the restroom to wash off the fertilizer. It takes us nearly 20 minutes to clean it up. Because of how marked down the bags were, we got virtually nothing from her $7.00. Nearly all the bags that she left were atotal loss, costing us over $45.

Sometimes I wonder how I manage to stay polite.

Hug

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi