Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-09-2017, 04:05 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(26-09-2017 07:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 01:37 PM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Fucking brake drum starts smoking on my way to a funeral. Three hours from home. Dodgy

Sometimes you can get them to unlock by backing up...it might take more than one try.

That's what I did after I made sure that no brake fluid was leaking.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-09-2017, 07:10 AM
(26-09-2017 11:04 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 08:29 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  On the plus side he seems to be pleased with the solution now. He just needed to calm down a bit.

That sounds like a story. Mind sharing?

Well, he went to go play Terraria on the 360 and it just kept saying "Play DVD" - there were a couple of fixes mentioned online but none of them worked, so it appeared the Xbox was just toast.

And we weren't gonna spend extra money to get that old of a system fixed or to replace it totally.

So the solution was to get Terraria on Steam. He hated it when he first started playing it - controls were different, etc. - and he was still upset about losing so much progress. But as he kept playing, he started to see advantages to playing it on PC. I think he'll grow to like it better. Smile It does suck to have to start totally over, but I'm honestly surprised that old system lasted this long.

27-09-2017, 03:03 PM
My damn cat loves me and I him, so he's laying on my left arm as I type while laying in bed. *grumbles*

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
27-09-2017, 03:05 PM
Oh! And I've been gone so long, the only emoji I remember how to create is the Drinking Beverage guy. But I don't want to make a thread about it.

"It was life, often unsatisfying, frequently cruel, usually boring, sometimes beautiful, once in awhile exhilarating." -Stephen King
[+] 1 user Likes Peanut's post
27-09-2017, 03:12 PM
(27-09-2017 03:05 PM)Peanut Wrote:  Oh! And I've been gone so long, the only emoji I remember how to create is the Drinking Beverage guy. But I don't want to make a thread about it.

Papers please.

Nice to see you again!

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
28-09-2017, 06:55 AM
Washing on the line = heavy rain. Washing in the dryer = light breeze and sunshine.

Get your own bleeding hymn book
[+] 2 users Like Thedemonbarber's post
28-09-2017, 07:02 AM
(27-09-2017 04:05 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(26-09-2017 07:57 PM)pablo Wrote:  Sometimes you can get them to unlock by backing up...it might take more than one try.

That's what I did after I made sure that no brake fluid was leaking.

The usual cause is worn out shoes that allow the cylinder to fully extend, then the cylinder binds and fails to retract.

You need to disassemble, check drum wear ( for upper limit) and inspect the shoes for thickness..

I'm a double atheist. I don't believe in your god or your politician.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
28-09-2017, 10:40 AM
I have a former Seminarian and now Faith Formation Director of a parish of several thousand families on my friends list. He screwed up and was ticketed and towed for parking on the street during street cleaning. Puts up a poll asking if he should make the city miserable by paying in pennies. I point out that's not very nice, it's petty and would make the poor clerk's life a living hell; he agrees, but doesn't care. So glad this guy was tossed on his ass by the seminary, but so upset he's involved with teaching kids about "morals".

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
28-09-2017, 11:06 AM
(28-09-2017 10:40 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have a former Seminarian and now Faith Formation Director of a parish of several thousand families on my friends list. He screwed up and was ticketed and towed for parking on the street during street cleaning. Puts up a poll asking if he should make the city miserable by paying in pennies.[...]but so upset he's involved with teaching kids about "morals".

Good to know he's teaching the youth to blame others for their own deeds.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
28-09-2017, 11:14 AM
(28-09-2017 11:06 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  
(28-09-2017 10:40 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  I have a former Seminarian and now Faith Formation Director of a parish of several thousand families on my friends list. He screwed up and was ticketed and towed for parking on the street during street cleaning. Puts up a poll asking if he should make the city miserable by paying in pennies.[...]but so upset he's involved with teaching kids about "morals".

Good to know he's teaching the youth to blame others for their own deeds.

Kind of how I'm viewing it too. Can't convince me he won't bring it up to some of them. Also now he's posting angry rants about living in a liberal state that taxes him to death.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user