Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
07-10-2017, 10:46 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(07-10-2017 08:32 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: e5fa95723811cde6ea3e42cf4bb7b863.jpg]

Bigotry hidden behind Atheism is still Bigotry. Sam Harris actually crosses the line quite often in this regard. In the USA (and most of Europe as well) Muslims are a persecuted minority not some massive cabal wielding immense political power, that would be the white Christians.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
07-10-2017, 01:18 PM
(07-10-2017 10:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 08:32 AM)outtathereligioncloset Wrote:  [Image: e5fa95723811cde6ea3e42cf4bb7b863.jpg]

Bigotry hidden behind Atheism is still Bigotry. Sam Harris actually crosses the line quite often in this regard. In the USA (and most of Europe as well) Muslims are a persecuted minority not some massive cabal wielding immense political power, that would be the white Christians.

Just because every now and again, some Sikh gets his ass beat and his temple burned because he looked all muslimy, don't mean nothin'.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
07-10-2017, 01:28 PM
(07-10-2017 01:18 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 10:46 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Bigotry hidden behind Atheism is still Bigotry. Sam Harris actually crosses the line quite often in this regard. In the USA (and most of Europe as well) Muslims are a persecuted minority not some massive cabal wielding immense political power, that would be the white Christians.

Just because every now and again, some Sikh gets his ass beat and his temple burned because he looked all muslimy, don't mean nothin'.

Again, it is not based on looks. I don't care if your women are the nastiest pieces of ass to look at. The fact that you can't see their face, hair, or any other distinguishing features makes the individuals impossible to pick out in a crowd. Why do you think Antifa, a group that regularly riots wears masks? Same idea, except there aren't even different color or style clothes to pick out. Just a person completed shrouded in cloth. This as far as I see it only about security. They had tried to get all the fast food chains to serve nothing but Halal meats and failed. Now as far as I know none of them even offer it anymore, due to being sued one too many times over it.
07-10-2017, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 01:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(07-10-2017 06:34 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 06:29 AM)Anjele Wrote:  You continually feel the need to claim you aren't racist.

Why do you suppose that is? It couldn't be because that's how you come off in post after post after post, could it?

If it walks like a duck and it talks like a duck....

Again, you can't be racist toward a religion. It doesn't matter how many times you say I can.

Yabut, that doesn't mean you're not a racist. You're still a racist. There's no reason you can't be against a particular religion and still be a racist. I mean you're proof of that.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-10-2017, 01:44 PM
(07-10-2017 06:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 06:34 AM)Birdguy1979 Wrote:  Again, you can't be racist toward a religion. It doesn't matter how many times you say I can.

Let's just change 'racist' for bigot. It really describes you better anyway. Then you can be the equal opportunity hater you are.

I don't think we need to change 'racist'. He's both a racist and a bigot.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
07-10-2017, 02:09 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 07:37 PM by Anjele.)
(07-10-2017 01:44 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 06:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Let's just change 'racist' for bigot. It really describes you better anyway. Then you can be the equal opportunity hater you are.

I don't think we need to change 'racist'. He's both a racist and a bigot.

Of course he is. But I don't want to play semantics with the birdbrain.

The definition for racist seems to be more narrowly based on race. Bigot, on the other hand, encompasses many of his reasons for hating people, including race.

Now, behave dear. Drinking Beverage

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-10-2017, 02:42 PM
Is it bigoted to dislike people in general?
Huh
07-10-2017, 02:45 PM
(07-10-2017 02:42 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Is it bigoted to dislike people in general?
Huh

Naw, I think that's just being a misanthrope.

Birdbrain has specific reasons for his hatred of each group and subgroup he has listed during his stay here...that's bigoted.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-10-2017, 03:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2017 03:41 PM by morondog.)
(07-10-2017 02:45 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-10-2017 02:42 PM)Thoreauvian Wrote:  Is it bigoted to dislike people in general?
Huh

Naw, I think that's just being a misanthrope.

Birdbrain has specific reasons for his hatred of each group and subgroup he has listed during his stay here...that's bigoted.

Mainly (according to him) they do illegal stuff that he'd love to get away with but can't because he'll get caught. Or they get welfare and he feels cheated because he pays taxes, he wishes he could go on welfare and live like a king (as he thinks people on welfare do). At the same time he's not above a little illicit stuff on the side himself if I recall correctly. Something about selling a trailer to some Mexican (whom he hates) and fiddling the deal to avoid those taxes he hates paying.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-10-2017, 03:38 PM
Huh

No, but it's rather arrogant, because "in general" usually doesn't include oneself. No, oneself is usually way better than those unwashed plebeian nasssssty masses Drinking Beverage

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post