Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
01-11-2017, 10:57 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(01-11-2017 10:41 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 09:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Out of interest, what are you teeth like? I'm not trying to have a dig at you or anything, just curious. I had a brace as a kid, but I had really bad teeth due to having some of my adult teeth grow in early, and it proper fecked up my mouth.

These days they are mostly straight, but I think having like a slight deviation on the stereotypical "straight teeth" you see everywhere is kinda cool, like its something that stands out a bit more. I have just the one mildy off center tooth, and I really like it haha.

As long as you don't have a mouth like a graveyard after an earthquake, then it's all good Laugh out load

They're fine. They are not straight, but I don't think they're horrible. My teeth are a bit close together on the bottom (traditional floss is a pain in the ass because of this, so I have to use the dental pick thingies), but none of them are turned totally sideways.

On top, I have an adult tooth that is missing. It just never developed at all. So those aren't as tight together but I don't have a large gap due to that missing tooth or anything - they all just have a bit more space between them than they probably normally would.

I have no wisdom teeth - those were all pulled as soon as they started coming in (no room for them).

Anyway, I just get so tired of her going on and on about this. My parents got my younger brother braces but they didn't get me any and I guess she feels guilty about that? Who knows. I've told her I don't care and that I'm fine with my teeth and I'm not having problems with them - I did have some real issues that needed addressing (root canals, etc.) but I got all that taken care of and I got a clean bill of health from the dentist at my last visit. But my mom is concerned with the cosmetic part.

I don't care if my teeth aren't perfectly straight so long as they aren't hurting me. And they don't. And they're in good health, according to my dentist.

Sounds fine to me duder. As long as you have teeth, and you keep 'em clean, who cares to be honest, gives you some character Thumbsup

I bloody well hate the dentist as well.

The Helpful Atheist - An Information Blog
Last updated: 08/11/2017 - Want to contribute, drop me a PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes OakTree500's post
01-11-2017, 11:29 AM
I hate encrypting web configs!
Find all posts by this user
01-11-2017, 12:22 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 12:29 PM by adey67.)
(01-11-2017 09:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 09:04 AM)Escape Artist Wrote:  For the last time, mother, I do not want fucking braces!!!!

Okay? Jesus fucking christ. I don't want them. Don't. Fucking. Want. Them.

Oh yes, I've gotten your multiple not-so-subtle hints that you apparently think my teeth are fucked up or unattractive or whatever it is you think but they are, but I don't care!!! Now leave me the fuck alone about it.

Tell you what, why don't YOU go and get braces on your own teeth since you are so obsessed with this. Dodgy

Out of interest, what are you teeth like? I'm not trying to have a dig at you or anything, just curious. I had a brace as a kid, but I had really bad teeth due to having some of my adult teeth grow in early, and it proper fecked up my mouth.

These days they are mostly straight, but I think having like a slight deviation on the stereotypical "straight teeth" you see everywhere is kinda cool, like its something that stands out a bit more. I have just the one mildy off center tooth, and I really like it haha.

As long as you don't have a mouth like a graveyard after an earthquake, then it's all good Laugh out load
America has a total obsession with perfect teeth, if you don't have the Hollywood smile you're a trailer trash crack whore, every single tooth must be millimetric perfect and bright enough to dazzle the sun, the fact that the yanks take the piss out of the Brits for bad teeth has more to say about them than it does us.
If you have to have bright sparkling teeth to make yourself feel superior and give yourself self worth then I feel sorry for you. Drinking Beverage
Rant over, not sure why I find this such an issue, but I'm afraid I do.
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
01-11-2017, 12:49 PM
(31-10-2017 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh great now they've suspended production on House of Cards?!

Holy shit.

Poor Moms! Heart

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
01-11-2017, 02:20 PM
(01-11-2017 12:49 PM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  
(31-10-2017 01:24 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Oh great now they've suspended production on House of Cards?!

Holy shit.

Poor Moms! Heart

I has serious sad over this. There aren't many shows that I watch. I heard this was to be the last season (Netflix claims that decision was made months ago) -- but now they're being all vague and shit if the production will resume at all.

Now I seriously can't decide if I want to see Kevin Spacey roasted over a spit or just Frank underwood.

Angry

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-11-2017, 03:24 PM (This post was last modified: 01-11-2017 08:07 PM by Shai Hulud.)
Darn cell phone. My phone has volume when turning off and turning on. It has volume via the headphone jack. However I've got zero sound when placing or receiving calls...but it can't be a speaker issue, given the volume is fine for turning it off/on, and is fine when I set an alarm clock.

Edit: Please excuse me while I go shoot zombies; phone battery (but not phone, according to moisture indicators) got wet and is dead.

Edit 2: What's that Spectrum/Time Warner? The landline I never use and pay for doesn't freaking work now? That's nice. Just had to drive back to work in heavy winds and rain to call my mother back for the US Cellular Account details in case I can't find a battery at Walmart and have to go there tomorrow and buy a new phone. Oh and then the freaking umbrella decided to turn itself inside out and tear in the wind...

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-11-2017, 03:25 PM

Holy shit.

I guess the House of Cards has

Collapsed.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 5 users Like Free Thought's post
01-11-2017, 04:05 PM
(01-11-2017 12:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  
(01-11-2017 09:14 AM)OakTree500 Wrote:  Out of interest, what are you teeth like? I'm not trying to have a dig at you or anything, just curious. I had a brace as a kid, but I had really bad teeth due to having some of my adult teeth grow in early, and it proper fecked up my mouth.

America has a total obsession with perfect teeth, if you don't have the Hollywood smile you're a trailer trash crack whore, every single tooth must be millimetric perfect and bright enough to dazzle the sun, the fact that the yanks take the piss out of the Brits for bad teeth has more to say about them than it does us.
If you have to have bright sparkling teeth to make yourself feel superior and give yourself self worth then I feel sorry for you. Drinking Beverage

Yes, I too find the American obsession with military-straight, blindingly-white teeth strange. And I'm an American myself. Hobo Tongue

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
01-11-2017, 08:21 PM
(01-11-2017 12:22 PM)adey67 Wrote:  

I actually like teeth that have a little character to them. Mine are straight, but I have two kind of pronounced eye teeth that look kind of like vampire fangs...And I love it. I think perfect is overrated.

Also, when you've posted pics EA, I've never noticed anything bad about your teeth. You always look so cute. Smile

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 2 users Like jennybee's post
01-11-2017, 08:22 PM
(01-11-2017 03:25 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  

Holy shit.

I guess the House of Cards has

Collapsed.

Your avatar is a perfect reply to this.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze