Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
11-11-2017, 07:13 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So we were wanting to get a nice two-drawer file cabinet for paperwork, and wife goes shopping. I assume she's just going to, you know, go buy a filing cabinet. She comes home with...an unassembled boxed-up thing. So spend about two hours of precious Sat morning building a filing cabinet. We worked on it together and it actually turned out pretty nice and solid, so not the end of the world, and I resisted the temptation at any point to tell her, "I thought you were just going to go BUY A FILING CABINET!"

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-11-2017, 10:53 PM (This post was last modified: 11-11-2017 11:13 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
Hey, you shouldn't try to play the adult when in the course of an adult conversation you snap and go off on a tangent of insults. I've got better things to do with my time and my heart. You can do thirteen again on your own time.

Oh, and your apologies don't pull near as much weight as your invective, because you put much more time in the latter than the former. Forgive my skepticism, but your shallowness is too obvious.

Don't call me again, don't text me again, and don't think you'll ever hear from me again, because you won't.

/bladedrop
12-11-2017, 04:42 AM
Man I am so Censored (fuc'n) tired of businesses being closed on Sundays!Angry

You have to be odd to be #1.
[+] 1 user Likes BackSlider's post
12-11-2017, 09:15 AM
(12-11-2017 04:42 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Man I am so Censored (fuc'n) tired of businesses being closed on Sundays!Angry

Fuck you. I hope that you never take another day off for the rest of your life.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
12-11-2017, 01:06 PM
(12-11-2017 09:15 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 04:42 AM)BackSlider Wrote:  Man I am so Censored (fuc'n) tired of businesses being closed on Sundays!Angry

Fuck you. I hope that you never take another day off for the rest of your life.
Sorry the doors where you work close when you don't show up ..... asshole!???
Jesuses bitch.

You have to be odd to be #1.
12-11-2017, 01:07 PM
Well the kids are holding my feet to the fire and demanding that I decorate the china cabinet for the holiday.

I have christmas dishes. Usually, I would take out everything out of the china cabinet (all the wedding china) and replace it with the holiday dishes.

We'd generally use those dishes for Thanksgiving and later for christmas eve dinner. Two meals.

Last year, because of the sadness surrounding my mother in law, I decided to skip the whole process and just left the regular wedding china. I'll admit I was somewhat relieved to not do it.

This year, both the kids offered (and they never offer to do shit) to bring all the dishes down from the closet in my bedroom to the dining room.

The man just says they want to feel normal.

I definitely see the point. I just really didn't want to do it -- because it's a lot of fucking work for two meals. Blush

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

12-11-2017, 06:00 PM
(12-11-2017 01:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well the kids are holding my feet to the fire and demanding that I decorate the china cabinet for the holiday.

I have christmas dishes. Usually, I would take out everything out of the china cabinet (all the wedding china) and replace it with the holiday dishes.

We'd generally use those dishes for Thanksgiving and later for christmas eve dinner. Two meals.

Last year, because of the sadness surrounding my mother in law, I decided to skip the whole process and just left the regular wedding china. I'll admit I was somewhat relieved to not do it.

This year, both the kids offered (and they never offer to do shit) to bring all the dishes down from the closet in my bedroom to the dining room.

I definitely see the point. I just really didn't want to do it -- because it's a lot of fucking work for two meals. Blush

Hug

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
12-11-2017, 06:34 PM
(12-11-2017 06:00 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  
(12-11-2017 01:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well the kids are holding my feet to the fire and demanding that I decorate the china cabinet for the holiday.

Hug

Thanks EA. The boys cleared off the dining room table (it was covered in stuff from the man getting a new computer earlier this year). Brought down and found all the other stuff, washed the serving bowls because they were covered in dust (since I hadn't used them since 2015).

It looks nice.

15-11-2017, 01:16 PM
Are you kidding me?

This morning I fixed my hair and it came out perfect. Like I got shit coming up that I would kill to have my hair come out this good. Good hair days are rare...Today is an amazing hair day.

So, what's on today's agenda? I have a fucking dental appointment and then I have to go to the grocery store (again). I bet I won't even run into anyone I know. Added to the fact it's fucking raining buckets -- *grumble grumble*

Then I get to come home and clean the house.
Dodgy

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
15-11-2017, 02:40 PM
Just so you know, out of respect for the last words you said to me, I've ignored your subsequent texts and deleted the VMs without listening.

Gotcha. Smile