Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
16-11-2017, 01:14 AM (This post was last modified: 16-11-2017 01:18 AM by EvolutionKills.)
RE: Ranting corner
Fuckety fucker fuck fucin' fuckster fffuuuucccckkkkkk....

Right, so server crashed. As in, 1am and it sounds like someone tuned on an industrial leaf blower in the office. Turns out the server is suffering from a critical hardware failure, in this case fan three has failed; which caused the server to become unresponsive and crank all of the other server fans up to eleven. So the server literally cannot restart, as it does gets past POST, but once it starts to reboot it detects the fan failure and restarts the system into an endless loop of failure.

So called corporate, they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (fan three is borked), and now I have to sit on my ass for four hours waiting for HP to call the front desk, so that they can send someone out to personally service the damn thing. All the while, I cannot run my numbers for the night, and with the server down the program we use to operate the damn hotel is also inoperable. The front desk computers are, at this time, nothing but glorified Facebook machines.

It is now 2am, I've already texted my presumably still asleep manager, and shit probably is not going to get sorted before I have to leave this morning. So unless the server gets fixed by 7am, I won't be able to roll the system over for the next day, which means that as soon as the server does get fixed, the fist thing it needs to do is run the damn night audit. Unfortunately I'm the only one of two people who even know how to do that, and seeing as how I just came back from a five day extended weekend, the only other person who knows how to do this is off today (because they just worked five days in a row). So I'll probably have to try to walk someone through this over the fucking phone.

For fuck's sake. Fuck your fuckin' server blade HP.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
16-11-2017, 09:57 PM
Until you're willing to acknowledge and discuss my own complaints, you will remain locked out. I refuse to listen to someone who will not listen to me, and this is not negotiable.

I still have feelings for you -- hence this post -- but that is not carte blanche for you. Word to the wise. Meet me in the middle or GTFO already.
17-11-2017, 05:58 AM
(16-11-2017 01:14 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Fuckety fucker fuck fucin' fuckster fffuuuucccckkkkkk....

Right, so server crashed. As in, 1am and it sounds like someone tuned on an industrial leaf blower in the office. Turns out the server is suffering from a critical hardware failure, in this case fan three has failed; which caused the server to become unresponsive and crank all of the other server fans up to eleven. So the server literally cannot restart, as it does gets past POST, but once it starts to reboot it detects the fan failure and restarts the system into an endless loop of failure.

So called corporate, they didn't tell me anything I didn't already know (fan three is borked), and now I have to sit on my ass for four hours waiting for HP to call the front desk, so that they can send someone out to personally service the damn thing. All the while, I cannot run my numbers for the night, and with the server down the program we use to operate the damn hotel is also inoperable. The front desk computers are, at this time, nothing but glorified Facebook machines.

It is now 2am, I've already texted my presumably still asleep manager, and shit probably is not going to get sorted before I have to leave this morning. So unless the server gets fixed by 7am, I won't be able to roll the system over for the next day, which means that as soon as the server does get fixed, the fist thing it needs to do is run the damn night audit. Unfortunately I'm the only one of two people who even know how to do that, and seeing as how I just came back from a five day extended weekend, the only other person who knows how to do this is off today (because they just worked five days in a row). So I'll probably have to try to walk someone through this over the fucking phone.

For fuck's sake. Fuck your fuckin' server blade HP.

I feel for you. I've been there many times in the past with either a server failure or an hours long power failure in the middle of the night. Sadcryface

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
17-11-2017, 05:13 PM
Back from conference less than one day (got to apartment at 2am), and already have people trying to screw me over. My pre-travel authorization has mysteriously disappeared from our online system, so university doesn't want to reimburse me. Fortunately, I don't trust them not to screw up, so I printed my pre-authorization the first time I was notified one of my superiors had approved it.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Shai Hulud's post
17-11-2017, 05:32 PM
When you tell me you don't want to hear from me again, you should not shitbomb my phone with texting. When you've made it plain that you aren't interested in hearing my feelings, you should not complain when I don't reply. When all you have to offer for any continued relationship is a continued dismissal of my perspective, I will refuse.

I've got better things to do than talk to a brick wall. You've made your bed. Enjoy your nap.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
18-11-2017, 11:47 AM
Daughter calls and needs a dress altered. She thinks it's an easy fix...she has never so much as sewn on a button. Facepalm I take her assessment with a grain of salt.

She has had the dress for a while but has recently lost weight.

When do you suppose she needs this dress? Yep, tonight. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
19-11-2017, 01:45 AM
who wants a cold

i can sneeze on command every 3 seconds
19-11-2017, 03:28 AM
(19-11-2017 01:45 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  who wants a cold

Yeah, but can you sneeze the alphabet? Consider

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
20-11-2017, 12:46 PM
(19-11-2017 01:45 AM)Ferdinand Wrote:  who wants a cold

Been there, done that. I spent all day Saturday blowing my nose every minute or two (now my nose is so sore I can't stand to touch it), and didn't sleep much last night because I had to cough every 30 seconds or so -- and that is continuing today at work.
20-11-2017, 02:20 PM
"I don't think it's fair the paper is due over a holiday break". It isn't, it's due after a holiday break by one day, and you've had an entire week to work on it prior to the holiday week (which is two days of break and three of classes). Take some responsibility.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post