Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
13-12-2017, 08:35 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(13-12-2017 02:35 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Something weird...

I accidentally bumped into a man at the market. I quickly apologized because I was to blame, I was focused mentally elsewhere.

The man replied, “good female.”

Maybe he was just reading his grocery list.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like jerry mcmasters's post
14-12-2017, 09:44 PM
My little piggy that stayed home was just bonked by the coffee table.

How can a table named for something so wonderful be so intrusively horrible?

Weeping

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-12-2017, 10:04 PM
The little brown anole I'd rescued 2 years, 2 months ago, from the garden center where ai work has died Sad

I'm not exactly sure what from, but she's always been small for an anole, so I wonder if she had parasites, or perhaps she didn't get enough UVB light. In any case, I'm just glad she got 2 years in a warm tank with endless food as opposed to freezing to death.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
15-12-2017, 05:45 PM
Interacting with people is a nuisance.
15-12-2017, 08:56 PM
So it's been five business days since USAA fucked me on my insurance payment, and for anyone out of the loop, they charged my bank account for the entire 6mo insurance period instead of single month installments (as I requested upon becoming a member of USAA)

The lady I spoke to on the phone last week said she would refund the excess money they deducted from my bank account, which would take 3 business days. Today was the 5th business day and I didn't see anything, so I called my bank because they can usually see pending refunds and requests waiting to push through to my account. My bank didn't see anything, so I called USAA once more and the lady on the phone was really confused, stating a refund was never requested and she wasn't sure what the associate I initially spoke to even did on her part. So the lady I spoke to today called my bank to make sure they would honor the refund, she told me a max of four business days being today is Friday, and she even credited me $35 for an overdraft fee the huge withdrawal cost. Agitating, but the lady that helped me today definitely made this situation much less stressful.

On another note, back in October, I volunteered to cover two stores several hours out from where I live, in Montgomery and Birmingham, for four days. My mileage came out to be about $450 and it usually takes a month to process. So the end of November/beginning of December rolls around (7-8 weeks after I submitted my mileage) and I still haven't received my mileage in the mail. I message my DM 3 times and after waiting SEVERAL days, I finally get a reply and my mileage...was never...submitted. I send my mileage to my DM and my DM processes it. After waiting 2 months for it, I have to wait even longer to receive it because my DM never successfully processed it to begin with.

Money is annoying.
16-12-2017, 09:49 PM
I went to my son's orchestra concert tonight, first time in a while that I've been able to get a little dressed up. I wore this fabulous dress that I'd bought a couple of months ago. A wowzer of a garment: deep neckline, a floaty silver skirt with a black lace overlay, flattering cut. Gorgeous. Got to the venue, got my glass of merlot, got to our seats, wiggled out of my coat, and headed for the ladies' room...to find as I stood up that the zipper had broken. From shoulder blades to tailbone, nothing but breeze. The 8-year-old kid sitting next to me was possibly scarred for life. My winter coat went back on for the whole night. Dress will go to the tailor for a new zip.

The good thing was that my husband and I had been sniping at each other this morning and things were still a little frosty until this happened. Then we started laughing about my wardrobe malfunction and got back on track with each other.

Still: aargh.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
17-12-2017, 03:36 PM
So yesterday a customer came to my store to pick up her order. We have a courtesy where, with the customer's consent, we open their order in front of them to make sure the order is correct. Well upon opening this customer's order, the contents on the inside matched the packing form on the inside, but the name on the packing form did not match the name of the box's shipping label... thus now I have to figure out how to get my customer's items overnighted to her, AND I need to figure out how to get some random unfortunate dude from GRAND DAMN RAPIDS his items too.

Basically to work at our shipping warehouse, the bare minimum qualifications are that you have to at LEAST be retarded.

Upon reaching out the higher up's to get some help, I was told "you need to open the packages upon arrival before the customers come to pick them up" but I've had instances where customers get angry and accuse me of breaching what is basically their personal private mail if I've ever had to pre-open a package before the customer arriving. Doing some research, if you send your mail to a business the business can legally pre-open your package, but like that still doesn't cease my customer issues...

What am I even supposed to do lmao

Weeping
18-12-2017, 06:20 AM
Finished Xmas shopping, the stores were packed, Christmas is a real pain but just so hard to avoid, I guess we just have to man up and each take our turn sucking Frosty the snowman's icy phallus. Sad
[+] 2 users Like adey67's post
18-12-2017, 06:46 AM
(18-12-2017 06:20 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Finished Xmas shopping, the stores were packed, Christmas is a real pain but just so hard to avoid, I guess we just have to man up and each take our turn sucking Frosty the snowman's icy phallus. Sad

It coulda been worse...

[Image: frosty-the-snowman-santa-clause-funny-ch...tures1.jpg]

Big Grin

A friend in the hole

"If we're going to be damned, let's be damned for what we really are." - Captain Picard
[+] 2 users Like unsapien's post
18-12-2017, 05:18 PM
I still got a cough! [Image: sneeze.gif]

I even gave this shit a try! [Image: chefsmiley.gif]