Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
17-02-2018, 05:41 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(17-02-2018 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-02-2018 04:31 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  It's a killer. It makes asthma like problems way worse too.

(another reason I need to get serious about actually quitting smoking -- before I develop issues like that or even worse).

I hope you mend quickly. I really wish I wasn't so far from you. Really, I'd help out.

Thanks, the COPD is the payback for 50 years of smoking.

As of nine days ago, though, I am smoke-free. I guess that's a silver lining.

Goodness...

That's a hellofa way to quit.

Confused

I really hope the antibiotics work quickly and the damage isn't lasting.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
17-02-2018, 06:36 PM
(17-02-2018 04:03 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(17-02-2018 03:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Blah, week's been pretty bad. Didn't set my alarm, since I've been averaging under 5 hours of sleep (usually under 4) this entire week so far...slept 14 hours. Woke up with stuffy nose and scratchy throat. Came in to work...nastygram from secretary because my test copies were so many copies in December. Dept. Chair emailing a reminder of when she unilaterally decided department meeting was...which is during a thing I'm contractually required to present at on the other side of campus following my summer training. Sent her an email to that effect and waiting to hear how it's all my fault and she expects me to cancel on them (which I can't without returning my pay for that, and I'm sorry Dept. Chair, but I'm not losing over a thousand dollars to attend your meeting). I've offered to ask them to let me go first so I can run back to our meeting. <.< Still have to finish up an application for a thing this summer, which would help towards promotion and tenure. And I'm dehydrated right now with a headache from a mix of it, stress, and probably my blood pressure. Oh and I have 120 papers to grade.

Edit: Damn it...I just realized I have to write and print a test.

Hug
Thanks Moms. Feel like I've drama'ed too much in the thread in the past week. Chair and I have exchanged a few more emails where it's been made clear my attendance at departmental meeting (where the two non-tenured of us will just agree to whatever she says so she doesn't recommend not renewing our contracts) isn't optional, and that I'm to find a way to present first and then run back across campus so I can be a Yes-Man. Didn't make it to Mass (hopefully tomorrow), because I wrote, printed, and copied the test for Monday, but the snow was coming down heavy and covering the roads, so drove back to apartment. I can grade here with some orange juice, Netflix, and the occasional TTA break. Smile

(17-02-2018 05:02 PM)Chas Wrote:  Thanks, the COPD is the payback for 50 years of smoking.

As of nine days ago, though, I am smoke-free. I guess that's a silver lining.

Darn, that sounds awful. Sad One hell of a way to quit, as others have said, but at least it's a way to save some money and help with the health? Really hoping you don't have the lasting damage from the flu too.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
17-02-2018, 09:33 PM
Pro tip: the following is not a rant. Wink

Thanks to all for your well-wishes and encouragement. My breathing has noticeably improved and the coughing markedly decreased since getting home.

I think the combo of prednisone and the nebulizer, along with being re-hydrated by IV, has pulled me out of the descent into real illness I felt I was having. And that big hit of antibiotics seems to have changed the nature of the gack I was coughing up. Yes

My breathing seems to be almost up to par (my COPD is not severe), keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for the caring.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 11 users Like Chas's post
17-02-2018, 09:56 PM
(17-02-2018 09:33 PM)Chas Wrote:  Pro tip: the following is not a rant. Wink

Thanks to all for your well-wishes and encouragement. My breathing has noticeably improved and the coughing markedly decreased since getting home.

I think the combo of prednisone and the nebulizer, along with being re-hydrated by IV, has pulled me out of the descent into real illness I felt I was having. And that big hit of antibiotics seems to have changed the nature of the gack I was coughing up. Yes

My breathing seems to be almost up to par (my COPD is not severe), keeping my fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for the caring.

It’s amazing what hydration and antibiotics can do.

I’m glad you’re feeling a bit better.

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2018, 01:46 PM
Well now...Since the man is baking today and I'm doing a roast. ..

I guess i'd better clean the kitchen.

Yes this is a rant, because the kitchen is a total mess.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2018, 01:49 PM
(18-02-2018 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'm doing a roast. ..

My mother made a roast......... Consider

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze

[Image: uj9MSSa.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
18-02-2018, 02:04 PM
(18-02-2018 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well now...Since the man is baking today and I'm doing a roast. ..

Life treating you okay? You seem to be in here a lot now...
[+] 1 user Likes Kaneda's post
18-02-2018, 03:03 PM
Evangelical minister troll on my Facebook wall is the most self righteous and rage filled prick I've dealt with online ever. Known him since middle school and he was a Christian then, but then later he found Libertarian Anarcho Capitalist Jesus. And anyone who disagrees with him is a liar, because he can't be wrong (which is amazing, because I've tried listening to his sermons multiple times and by the 10 minute mark of 30-60, I just can't take any more outright lies or spreading Evangelical talking points that have no basis in fact). He's also fond of making digital lynch mobs and accusations at people and once tried to get another guy he's known, this one since Kindergarten, fired for being a sex offender (he wasn't) from a chain store.

(18-02-2018 01:46 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Well now...Since the man is baking today and I'm doing a roast. ..

My mother usually cooks for the exact same reason at home. Dad doesn't know how to cook anything that doesn't leave two or three times the messy dishes.

18-02-2018, 04:07 PM
(18-02-2018 03:03 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

My mother usually cooks for the exact same reason at home. Dad doesn't know how to cook anything that doesn't leave two or three times the messy dishes.

I'm glad I cleaned before he started. Because now I have to run the dishwasher. He used six bowls two different mixers and three pots to make one rum bunt cake.

I'm drinking cold coffee and waiting to start the roast.

He just asked me if I wanted him to find a recipe and print it off...I'm like what for? I think I understand the principals of roasting a beef chuck roast. Rolleyes He offered to find one for mashed potatoes...Really what is trying to tell me?
Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-02-2018, 04:23 PM
(18-02-2018 04:07 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  He offered to find one for mashed potatoes...Really what is trying to tell me?
Dodgy

He wants a potato inserted in his anus and then clench his buttcheeks to mash it? Angel