Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
20-02-2018, 09:51 AM
RE: Ranting corner
well it's snowing and we get crickets chirping from our school district.

Older kid is easier because he can leave whenever after he finishes working.

Younger kid is more complicated because his day involves a couple of campuses and I'm sorry I don't trust them. Last thing I want is my ASD stuck somewhere.

I feel like one of those paranoid parents but I just called the school and said he wasn't feeling well (it isn't a complete lie because he said he slept like shit).

I think the school district fancies a repeat of what happened last year with kids stranded everywhere. I hope not...but...who the fuck the knows. I wish I could just trust them to make the right call at the right time.

Of course now...it probably won't be that bad. I still have to drive to get the other kid to the shuttle stop.

I dunno.....

I just don't *do* snow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-02-2018, 10:58 AM
Don't cry for me, TTA, the truth is, I never left you...

It's just that, to paraphrase the greatest gift to serial paraphrasers everywhere, I Have No Internet and I Must Browse. Weeping

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
20-02-2018, 11:09 AM
Sorry Vera!

Update from me...

I'm happy that I let the kiddo decide. Turns out he chose wisely and not at all selfishly. Ha! Yeah right, he gambled and won.

The school district is closing two hour early today. Which means all the schools are going be a huge cluster fuck.

And I get to avoid them yay for me! Really, his day would be even more meaningless and he's missed zero days this year, so I'm totally not fussed about it.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-02-2018, 10:48 PM
My god, I don't want to file taxes tomorrow. Weeping

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
20-02-2018, 11:16 PM
Oh fuck...I’m in a shitty mood tonight.

Why is it that my kid’s school district is the only one in the area that looks outside sees tons of snow on the ground and thinks....no one needs to plan ahead...we’ll wait until 6am robo call everyone and do the 2 hour delay game, then an hour later we’ll change our minds and say no school.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-02-2018, 05:15 AM
(20-02-2018 10:48 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  My god, I don't want to file taxes tomorrow. Weeping

Tell me about it. Another year, another $1200 check. Sadcryface

Ok, making the adjustment this year in spite of my accountant's praises for: "not letting the Gov. use your money. "

You have to be odd to be #1.
21-02-2018, 06:18 AM
It's 6:16am, since last night:
  • I've had the school demand money back from a conference 4 months ago
  • Slept poorly
  • Couldn't fall back asleep after 4am so I took my shower and...
  • Promptly fell on the ice outside my apartment, landing in a split on where I'm most vulnerable, before trying to stand again and ending up on my back.
  • Gotten here to have to wait on the elevator as I continue to stiffen.
  • Find the office first aid kit has disappeared.

Woo, what a way to begin a day with 3 classes, office hours, a workshop and departmental meeting (in the same hour), giving a makeup test, and what should be 17 flights of stairs in a 4 hour period of today alone.

Need to think of a witty signature.
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
21-02-2018, 07:42 AM
So after battling a abscessed tooth for a couple weeks...taking a super strong antibiotic and then having the tooth pulled on Monday...now I think I may have the flu. Sadcryface

I woke up yesterday morning too tired, woozy, and sore to go to work. Then last night I started coughing. This morning I woke with a wracking cough, sore throat and a fever that even meds aren't lowering much.

I have a doctor's appointment later this morning to hopefully rule out the flu but regardless, I feel like death warmed over. Weeping

Of course my husband brought this mess to the house and was home breathing all around me Monday and yesterday. Dodgy

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
21-02-2018, 10:28 PM
(21-02-2018 07:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So after battling a abscessed tooth for a couple weeks...taking a super strong antibiotic and then having the tooth pulled on Monday...now I think I may have the flu. Sadcryface

I woke up yesterday morning too tired, woozy, and sore to go to work. Then last night I started coughing. This morning I woke with a wracking cough, sore throat and a fever that even meds aren't lowering much.

I have a doctor's appointment later this morning to hopefully rule out the flu but regardless, I feel like death warmed over. Weeping

Of course my husband brought this mess to the house and was home breathing all around me Monday and yesterday. Dodgy

[Image: Joe-Btfsplk.png]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
22-02-2018, 04:51 AM
(21-02-2018 10:28 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(21-02-2018 07:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So after battling a abscessed tooth for a couple weeks...taking a super strong antibiotic and then having the tooth pulled on Monday...now I think I may have the flu. Sadcryface

[Image: Joe-Btfsplk.png]

Yeah, it's raining too. Drinking Beverage

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF