Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
22-02-2018, 08:48 AM
RE: Ranting corner
(21-02-2018 07:42 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So after battling a abscessed tooth for a couple weeks...taking a super strong antibiotic and then having the tooth pulled on Monday...now I think I may have the flu. Sadcryface

I woke up yesterday morning too tired, woozy, and sore to go to work. Then last night I started coughing. This morning I woke with a wracking cough, sore throat and a fever that even meds aren't lowering much.

I have a doctor's appointment later this morning to hopefully rule out the flu but regardless, I feel like death warmed over. Weeping

Of course my husband brought this mess to the house and was home breathing all around me Monday and yesterday. Dodgy

Hope you get well soon, remember plenty of fluids.
And perhaps a littleSmokin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-02-2018, 03:17 PM
So another snow day, so, I decided to clean my kitchen.

I don't think I've actually touched some areas since July of 2016. Not to worry, they're not areas where food prep happens just an area where junk accumulates (like old paid bills, junk mail, some school crap) shit just stacks up. (decluttering fanatics call it a "hot spot"). I'm just tired of seeing the clutter everywhere.

I think I'm going to be switching some things around again.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

22-02-2018, 03:19 PM
(22-02-2018 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So another snow day, so, I decided to clean my kitchen.

I don't think I've actually touched some areas since July of 2016. Not to worry, they're not areas where food prep happens just an area where junk accumulates (like old paid bills, junk mail, some school crap) shit just stacks up. (decluttering fanatics call it a "hot spot"). I'm just tired of seeing the clutter everywhere.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
22-02-2018, 03:36 PM
Found my dog’s last vet bills and the receipt for his tags I see that I’ll be getting a reminder next year to get his rabies shot.

22-02-2018, 05:19 PM
(22-02-2018 03:17 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  So another snow day, so, I decided to clean my kitchen.

I have HSD, it's a chronic condition. There's little that can be done for it. Even after all the cabinets, furniture, and shelves are removed , there's still a floor.
Yes friends, Horizontal Surface Disease is real, and spreading out of control.
Another term associated with it are "drops", the act of randomly placing completely incongruous items, often while cruising through an area at full speed.
These seemingly innocuous little piles grow and merge into a solid matrix of unrelated dross, that loses all value by the minute.
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post
22-02-2018, 08:57 PM
I got the workout blues tonight. Really don't wanna. Sad Thursday nights seem to be a problem. I guess because I go two days between workouts. My normal schedule is Thursday, Saturday, and Monday. And then I skip Tuesdays and Wednesdays, so there's a two-day gap there that seems to be just long enough for me to have the "don't wannas" on Thursday. Undecided If only the week was 8 days! Stupid odd numbers. Weeping

22-02-2018, 09:15 PM
So, I cleaned up most of the kitchen. It’s presentable. Hopefully I’ll get to the rest of it tonight.

It’s been an all day event.

I also vacuumed the kitchen, washed half the floor, cleaned a bathroom, vacuumed the living room and dining room.

Tomorrow I’m fairly certain school will be back, so I’ll get to do more stuff here in the house.

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
23-02-2018, 01:08 PM
Holy crap! I mean it holy crap...How long have I neglected any meaningful cleaning?

I get it, I hate cleaning but this is really getting ridiculous. I have purged I don't know how much junk mail that's just been left lying around (I have no idea why -- really I don't). There is a layer of dust on top of the junk mail and under it. Really! I know last year, I did get into the very bad of habit of not cleaning as I should have. We had so much going on with the aftermath of mil's passing. Endless months of cleaning out her house, and finding a home inside our house for the things we couldn't bare to part with. I guess that's the problem I'm still overwhelmed by all the stuff. When we came back from vacation, I kinda gave up on cleaning...not really, I would still scrub toilets and bathroom sinks but I got really lazy about other stuff around the house. Now I feel like I'm paying the price for it.

I still have a few boxes in our living room (ugh) to deal with. I honestly don't know what's inside them, I might try to tackle that on Monday.

It's embarrassing.

23-02-2018, 01:17 PM
(23-02-2018 01:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kinda gave up on cleaning...not really, I would still scrub toilets and bathroom sinks but I got really lazy about other stuff around the house.

This is a permanent way of life for me. I'm the stereotypical bachelor slob. I keep the kitchen clean, and do my best with the bathrooms, but that's about it. I can't remember the last time I dusted or vacuumed, and there are piles of books and CDs all over the place. Life is too short for cleaning.
[+] 2 users Like Grasshopper's post
23-02-2018, 01:32 PM
(23-02-2018 01:17 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(23-02-2018 01:08 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I kinda gave up on cleaning...not really, I would still scrub toilets and bathroom sinks but I got really lazy about other stuff around the house.

This is a permanent way of life for me. I'm the stereotypical bachelor slob. I keep the kitchen clean, and do my best with the bathrooms, but that's about it. I can't remember the last time I dusted or vacuumed, and there are piles of books and CDs all over the place. Life is too short for cleaning.

See, that would make me crazy after a while and I'd have to clean and organize everything. I do feel better in a clean surrounding rather than a messy one. Blush

I think part of the problem for me, was that also the past couple days have been bright and sunny for long periods of time, which highlighted to me all the piles of junk. I actually went around the kitchen and took pictures of all the out of place stuff and junk mail laying around.

I think my next project is going to be kitchen drawers and cabinets.