Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
24-02-2018, 12:55 PM
RE: Ranting corner
Ugh, it's tax day. I sort out the records and add stuff up, my husband takes them to the tax guy. The whole day my stomach hurts wondering what'll happen.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-02-2018, 01:17 PM
Me to husband: Will you distract Chewy (African Grey parrot) so I can hang this toy in her cage?

Me to husband seconds later: No, it's fine I don't need a band aid....as I walk to the bathroom to get a band aid.

Dodgy

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. -JF
24-02-2018, 03:53 PM
Okay, taxes done for another year. I can afford the piccolo!
24-02-2018, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 24-02-2018 11:46 PM by GirlyMan.)
(24-02-2018 03:53 PM)julep Wrote:  Okay, taxes done for another year. I can afford the piccolo!

Is that a piccolo crazy eyes is playing?

I think it's talking about a peccadillo which got out of hand with his woman and his best friend in bed and having fun but I'm not entirely sure. Piccollo/peccadillo, meh. Tongue

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
24-02-2018, 05:15 PM
(24-02-2018 04:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 03:53 PM)julep Wrote:  Okay, taxes done for another year. I can afford the piccolo!

Is that a piccolo crazy legs is playing?

I think it's talking about a peccadillo which got out of hand but I'm not entirely sure. Piccollo/peccadillo, meh. Tongue

Boy, he really lifts his fingers high.

Nope, THIS is a piccolo:

And playing it out of tune--as I will be, until I get used to it--is only a misdemeanor (two piccolos playing: felony).
[+] 2 users Like julep's post
24-02-2018, 11:56 PM
(24-02-2018 05:15 PM)julep Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 04:04 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Is that a piccolo crazy legs is playing?

I think it's talking about a peccadillo which got out of hand but I'm not entirely sure. Piccollo/peccadillo, meh. Tongue

Boy, he really lifts his fingers high.

Nope, THIS is a piccolo:

And playing it out of tune--as I will be, until I get used to it--is only a misdemeanor (two piccolos playing: felony).

Ha! Now look what you've done now woman, I'm listening to this. Damn women. Censored

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
25-02-2018, 04:50 AM
(24-02-2018 11:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 05:15 PM)julep Wrote:  Boy, he really lifts his fingers high.

Nope, THIS is a piccolo:

Ha! Now look what you've done now woman, I'm listening to this. Damn women. Censored

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes EvolutionKills's post
25-02-2018, 08:43 AM
Yay finally it looks like we are actually going to get some snow here in southern England over the next week, we haven't had any for 6 years and I love snow. Banana_zorro
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
25-02-2018, 04:09 PM
(25-02-2018 04:50 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  
(24-02-2018 11:56 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ha! Now look what you've done now woman, I'm listening to this. Damn women. Censored

I especially like my symphonies in C minor.

[+] 1 user Likes julep's post
25-02-2018, 04:10 PM
So, I kinda took yesterday off from cleaning.

(I really can't believe that I'm still motivated to do this shit).

This morning I've done a couple loads of wash (nothing exciting there) cleaned the master bedroom and bathroom (omg the bathroom...ugh). Then I cleaned the laundry room, washed the floor in there (holy shit lint everywhere) then I had to vacuum again the hallway...

The kitchen is still clean for now. The man is going to make quiche for dinner tonight. I'm sure I'll be scrubbing it down after. Smile

Oh, we used to have one those things that the garbage can would fit into under the sink and slide in and out. So, I got annoyed for a few reasons, one being it's broken and would just get stuck randomly, like it wouldn't move unless you kicked it. The second reason it annoyed me was that anytime a sloppy person dumped stuff into it, bits of whatever would fall and because of the metal track parts, made it impossible to clean around. The third reason is kinda odd. there's a pipe that goes from the sink and connects to another pipe further back. But the can if you push the garbage can too hard, it will smack against the pipe and a few times the pipe became loose, which was a huge mess under the sink (thank goodness we noticed it right away).

A few weeks ago, the man bought a replacement system and yesterday they were going to set it up. Now, I'm looking at this thinking, yeah it will work for a while...but I'm fairly confident we'll just have the same issues. They also were having problems removing all the old hardware, because it was rusted and screws were stripped.

So, I said, "What if we just remove the old track and just clean the bottom of the cabinet finally and just keep the can inside it without the track thing? Then if something spills it's not going gunk up the track and will be easier to clean. Plus we won't have to worry about hitting that weird pipe that your father says is needed to be right there."

My goodness you'd think I'd just grown another head. They were just staring at me. Mouths gaping open.

"But...But...But..." the mannish boy started and stopped.

The man finally spoke, "Why didn't you suggest this before I wasted money on this?"
Now, the older son chimed in, "Well, dad, don't you remember we were at Home Depot looking for lights for the refrigerator and you saw it and just put it in the cart? Mom wasn't with us."

"Do what your mother suggests."

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post