Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
18-03-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(18-03-2018 01:28 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Problem areas that I don't know what to do with:

We have a crap-ton of the following - books, video games, movies, collectibles, and Magic the Gathering cards. We really need more media storage but just have yet to get a bookshelf or something for them. So anywhere where those things reside are a problem area.

Also the coffee table that is essentially our entertainment center (because living room area is too small to accommodate a large coffee table at the center of it. We've got the TV, the PC tower, and a few game systems on there. It's basically a catch-all that collects dust too. Hobo I keep thinking maybe we could use the dead space beneath the coffee table for a pull-out flat "drawer" to store controllers or the like in. Perhaps video games, too, and maybe the movies? Just not sure.

I am good at knowing what needs to be organized but not at figuring out how to organize them.

I've got a few containers that I do use, rather successfully for things like video games, movies, stuff like that....

Maybe I'll just shoot you a PM.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
18-03-2018, 01:35 PM
(18-03-2018 01:32 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(18-03-2018 01:28 PM)Escape Artist Wrote:  Problem areas that I don't know what to do with:

We have a crap-ton of the following - books, video games, movies, collectibles, and Magic the Gathering cards. We really need more media storage but just have yet to get a bookshelf or something for them. So anywhere where those things reside are a problem area.

Also the coffee table that is essentially our entertainment center (because living room area is too small to accommodate a large coffee table at the center of it. We've got the TV, the PC tower, and a few game systems on there. It's basically a catch-all that collects dust too. Hobo I keep thinking maybe we could use the dead space beneath the coffee table for a pull-out flat "drawer" to store controllers or the like in. Perhaps video games, too, and maybe the movies? Just not sure.

I am good at knowing what needs to be organized but not at figuring out how to organize them.

I've got a few containers that I do use, rather successfully for things like video games, movies, stuff like that....

Maybe I'll just shoot you a PM.

Okay, yay! Big Grin

18-03-2018, 03:34 PM
(18-03-2018 11:32 AM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  If our group has "geeks" in the name, why do people insist on attacking every scientist that's mentioned, and hating on science itself for "causing atheism". I swear, this Catholic Geeks group is the only place that I've ever seen Neil deGrasse Tyson repeatedly called, "an avowed atheist".

(18-03-2018 12:25 AM)Deesse23 Wrote:  Captain of Köpenick. A play inspired by a real life event:

Imperial, authoritarian and militarist Germany, Berlin, late 1800s:
Unemployed and homeless shoemaker wont get a passport without a job, and wont get a job without a passport.

He goes to a nearby store and buys a captains´ uniform. Then he proceeds to the nearest barracks and commands a sergeant and a few grenadiers to follow him. Then he goes to the town hall, arrests the town council, confiscates a lot of money and orders them to make him a passport.....to which they cant comply because passports are made elswhere but the townhall itself. He gets arrested and out of symapthy (and probably embarassment) the town council grants him a passport.

Think its time for you to ....buy a business suit, go to the bank and pretend you are the CEO? Laugh out load

@Girly:
Your mom starts to smoke weed @76? Hobo

That was utterly hilarious! Somehow I don't think that it would work though lol? But maybe worth a shot... Consider

(18-03-2018 10:40 AM)Vera Wrote:  And another rant - people, who compliment other parents' for having "beautiful" children. Of course that's what matters most, in kids *and* especially adults; not being intelligent, kind or even happy. No, the most important thing about a person is the shape of their skull.
From what people tell me, OKC is mainly people wanting sex anyhow, so it's not surprising they'd send that email. Sad On the kids front...you made me think of my mother yesterday. She was on the phone from a cheerleading competition my cousin's daughters were in, and they have to spend hours "making the kids look beautiful" apparently. My mother's response was, "they look like tramps", and I had to agree. Clownishly large amounts of makeup, formfitting skintight uniforms, all sorts of stuff done with their hair and bows, etc.

Why the actual fuck are you still on those sites? Facepalm

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
18-03-2018, 04:22 PM
Things I've seen on Catholic Geeks today:
1) Public education is all about indoctrination and obedience to the state, not learning.
2) The only real way to educate is to homeschool.
3) Feminism killed Toys R Us because of abortion.
4) Feminism caused the bridge at FIU to collapse, because it was designed by a woman.

(18-03-2018 03:34 PM)Chas Wrote:  Why the actual fuck are you still on those sites? Facepalm

Once in a while there are some fun Star Wars and Babylon 5 type stuff.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
19-03-2018, 06:15 AM
[Image: panic_o_812998.jpg.cf.jpg]

Fighting one now.

Ignorance is not to be ignored.

Check out my DA gallery! http://oo-kiri-oo.deviantart.com/gallery/
[+] 3 users Like Loom's post
19-03-2018, 08:06 AM
(((hugs))) to you, Loom

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: beb1339cfc76b95693fe0fd59c12ec05.jpg]
19-03-2018, 08:56 AM
Ok, so I had the whole week of meals planned out.

Today, the men would polish off the last bit of corned beef.
Tuesday I'd pick up dinner...Wednesday our friend arrives from California and we're taking him out to dinner. Thursday is fending for ourselves (everyone) and Friday is pizza for myself and the kid.

The fly in the ointment is that kid has a concert Tuesday. I can't pick up dinner that early The man doesn't get home until after 7pm and the kid must be at school by 6pm for a performance that won't begin until 7:30 or 8. Dodgy

So do I send the kid to the concert and then go to pick up dinner (he'll eat something else anyway)?

Or do I switch the corned beef night and pick up dinner tonight?

He's still has one more performance and we've seen all the other...so missing one isn't a huge deal. He's completely indifferent to us going.

19-03-2018, 09:01 AM
(19-03-2018 08:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, so I had the whole week of meals planned out.

Tuesday I'd pick up dinner...Wednesday our friend arrives from California and we're taking him out to dinner. Thursday is fending for ourselves (everyone) and Friday is pizza for myself and the kid.

The fly in the ointment is that kid has a concert Tuesday. I can't pick up dinner that early The man doesn't get home until after 7pm and the kid must be at school by 6pm for a performance that won't begin until 7:30 or 8. Dodgy

So do I send the kid to the concert and then go to pick up dinner (he'll eat something else anyway)?

He's still has one more performance and we've seen all the other...so missing one isn't a huge deal. He's completely indifferent to us going.

Seems to me picking up dinner after dropping off the Kid solves all the problems here. As you said he would get something else anyway and does not give a fuck if you are there.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-03-2018, 09:04 AM
My rent transfer didn't go through (again!), not sure if the site is crap, my bank is fucking with me or... Oh, just heard from landlord, according the fucking website, the problem is on my side. I've done it several times already, in exactly the same way, how can it be on my fucking side!

Also, the incompetent bunch of horny idiots that Brazil seems to consists of almost exclusively, seems to have lost the letter with my new debit card and good luck trying to get a new one, back in Bulgaria and have it sent again, only to get lost again.

If only all incompetent idiots could get lost. Permanently.

And just like that, minutes after I woke up, because this is Brazil, I am in a vile mood.

Censored

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
19-03-2018, 09:33 AM
(19-03-2018 09:01 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-03-2018 08:56 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Ok, so I had the whole week of meals planned out.

Seems to me picking up dinner after dropping off the Kid solves all the problems here. As you said he would get something else anyway and does not give a fuck if you are there.

It does really. *I* just feel bad that I won't be there. That said, I've always told him that we might not attend every performance. He's got a cell phone so he can call me when it's over. The school is just a few minutes away.