Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
27-12-2012, 03:54 PM
RE: Ranting corner
(27-12-2012 03:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Back from the dentist.

Good news: I have a temporary fix and it was painless.

Bad news: I need a crown.

Rant news: US$1340.00
Crown with / without throne ?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-12-2012, 03:58 PM
(27-12-2012 03:54 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 03:51 PM)Chas Wrote:  Back from the dentist.

Good news: I have a temporary fix and it was painless.

Bad news: I need a crown.

Rant news: US$1340.00
Crown with / without throne ?

No throne - it really bites. Angry

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-12-2012, 04:48 PM
(27-12-2012 10:38 AM)Vera Wrote:  “I want to blow you.”

After a mind-numbingly stupid and badly written prologue (by a dumb American who thought she made her drivel sound archaic and cool, while it was pathetic and ludicrous), this is the 1st sentence in my new book. It then goes on thus:

"Dr. Manny Manello swiveled his head to the right and looked at the woman who’d spoken to him. It was hardly the first time he’d heard that combination of words, and the mouth they’d come out of certainly had enough silicone in it to offer a good cushion."

At least the scribbler didn't say her tongue was gonna be like a blanky or a duvet.

[Image: 2v3lzt5.jpg]
Oh shit this reminds me of Christmas Eve.
We were watching the news (my parents and me) and it was an article about these serial robbers and they were talking to a shop owner about past robberies and she was talking about a lady for put this quite large thing between her legs and waddled out the store. The presenter asked how she manged to put it between her legs and the little old lady shop owner said "she obviously had experience". Now, being my family we all instantly saw the innuendo and had amusing laugh.

Man, I brushed my teeth but they still feel like they need to be brushed, it's annoying.
27-12-2012, 05:01 PM
(27-12-2012 04:48 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Oh shit this reminds me of Christmas Eve.
We were watching the news (my parents and me) and it was an article about these serial robbers and they were talking to a shop owner about past robberies and she was talking about a lady for put this quite large thing between her legs and waddled out the store. The presenter asked how she manged to put it between her legs and the little old lady shop owner said "she obviously had experience". Now, being my family we all instantly saw the innuendo and had amusing laugh.

Man, I brushed my teeth but they still feel like they need to be brushed, it's annoying.
This reminds of a couple of Frasier episodes and also of someone carrying a turkey between their legs and also straddling a frozen one.

Tell me about it! The money I spend on mouthwashes and floss No

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
27-12-2012, 05:33 PM
My patience has been wearing very thin with all these ... particular ... posters recently. I'm going to snap sooner or later. Angry

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
27-12-2012, 05:41 PM
(27-12-2012 05:33 PM)Vosur Wrote:  My patience has been wearing very thin with all these ... particular ... posters recently. I'm going to snap sooner or later. Angry
Cry me a river, sonny boy! You actually gave a positive rep to a particularly loathsome, racist and over all boring one. Dodgy

27-12-2012, 05:44 PM
(27-12-2012 05:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  Cry me a river, sonny boy! You actually gave a positive rep to a particularly loathsome, racist and over all boring one. Dodgy
Are you referring to namiloveyou? I gave him/her a positive rep to even out the negative one from Near, which I think was completely unjustified.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
27-12-2012, 05:45 PM
(27-12-2012 05:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(27-12-2012 05:41 PM)Vera Wrote:  Cry me a river, sonny boy! You actually gave a positive rep to a particularly loathsome, racist and over all boring one. Dodgy
Are you referring to namiloveyou? I gave him/her a positive rep to even out the negative one from Near, which I think was completely unjustified.
That's just misguided. Dodgy Who are you, The Great Leveler?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
27-12-2012, 05:50 PM
(27-12-2012 05:44 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Are you referring to namiloveyou? I gave him/her a positive rep to even out the negative one from Near, which I think was completely unjustified.
I'm just saying that he is a racist prick. And at the same time (surprisingly enough) extremely boring.

And Near is a sweetheart anyway, so I'm betting he was right Big Grin

27-12-2012, 08:04 PM
Heart Vera. Smile

No hard feelings Vosur Smile (Truly. The following are just my thoughts on why I neg repped namiloveyou.)

I just thought that the statement that the person made was particularly loathsome, which is why I finally decided to neg rep the person (guy, gal?). Overall, namiloveyou's posts are filled with some of the most insane ideas I have yet read. Nothing wrong I suppose, with holding those viewpoints, but if this person is sincere, and acts on those beliefs, they are detrimental to society as a whole.

The particular post in question said in part: "people hold the right to do anything to others, if it serves one's purpose"

By that logic, I could murder my baby (if I had one) because it wouldn't stop crying, and I wanted to get some sleep. That action would serve my purpose, so therefore it would be right.

Nope, sorry, I can't won't stand for that kind of shit, and I don't think we should tolerate it. Even in the name of free speech, and even if the person is most likely trolling. Undecided

Contribute to the Community Resource!
[+] 3 users Like Near's post