Ranting corner

Thread Rating:
  • 8 Votes - 4.5 Average
19-03-2018, 06:51 PM
RE: Ranting corner
So last week, I had the Evangelicals leave the doorhanger ad on my door at my office, inviting me to Easter. Tonight I come home and have mail hand addressed to me. From an address in town, that when I google it, is someone's house. Inside, is a hand written note beginning with "Dear neighbor;" and inviting me to come to their church on March 31st to hear an "important message" and join millions of others around the world in doing so, just go to the address on the invitation enclosed...the Jehovah's Witnesses Kingdom Hall. Facepalm Considering I have no landline and intentionally keep a low profile, I want to know how the fuck they got my home address in an apartment building. Also, I didn't think the JW's even did holidays like Easter! Granted they don't say "Easter" in this, just "on March 31st", so maybe they're going for the timing thing and hoping you assume Easter as you have a passing knowledge of Christianity assumed by our culture?

(19-03-2018 03:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fucks sake, no wonder people around here don't like the government every single government official I have had to deal with in this backwater state has been incompetent. How the fuck hard is it to deliver mail to the correct address? Certified mail should not be mis-delivered let alone routinely put in the wrong mailbox. Now I have to hope that the thing I ordered and paid extra to have here today is gotten by the people my incompetent mailman decided to give my fucking package to and is turned into the office before they close. This is the second time this motherfucker has fucked up an easy task. Look man if you can't be fucked to put it in the right mail slot just drop it at the office I don't mind getting it from there. Fuck!

Dude, when I went to grad school in rural Pennsylvania, they'd mark my stuff as delivered on Amazon and then it would show up battered a week later where the mailmen kept misdelivering it. I totally feel for you.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-03-2018, 09:28 PM
(19-03-2018 06:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  
(19-03-2018 03:42 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Fucks sake, no wonder people around here don't like the government every single government official I have had to deal with in this backwater state has been incompetent. How the fuck hard is it to deliver mail to the correct address? Certified mail should not be mis-delivered let alone routinely put in the wrong mailbox. Now I have to hope that the thing I ordered and paid extra to have here today is gotten by the people my incompetent mailman decided to give my fucking package to and is turned into the office before they close. This is the second time this motherfucker has fucked up an easy task. Look man if you can't be fucked to put it in the right mail slot just drop it at the office I don't mind getting it from there. Fuck!

Dude, when I went to grad school in rural Pennsylvania, they'd mark my stuff as delivered on Amazon and then it would show up battered a week later where the mailmen kept misdelivering it. I totally feel for you.

Luckily the Resident Manager called us not long after (I had stopped by the office to see if maybe the packages were there but no) when the person who did get the packages in their mailbox brought them in. So my evening/Tomorrow was saved but still I was not fit for polite society for a couple hours.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Revenant77x's post
19-03-2018, 09:47 PM
(19-03-2018 09:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(19-03-2018 06:51 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  Dude, when I went to grad school in rural Pennsylvania, they'd mark my stuff as delivered on Amazon and then it would show up battered a week later where the mailmen kept misdelivering it. I totally feel for you.

Luckily the Resident Manager called us not long after (I had stopped by the office to see if maybe the packages were there but no) when the person who did get the packages in their mailbox brought them in. So my evening/Tomorrow was saved but still I was not fit for polite society for a couple hours.

Have you considered contacting the postmaster? I had to call once because we had one who constantly not delivering mail, or like you, sticking it in different mail slots (we have those individual mail boxes at the end of the street that several houses use). We'd go days without any mail then our box would be stuffed with all kinds of stuff. Our mail boxes are pretty small.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
19-03-2018, 10:02 PM
(19-03-2018 09:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(19-03-2018 09:28 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  Luckily the Resident Manager called us not long after (I had stopped by the office to see if maybe the packages were there but no) when the person who did get the packages in their mailbox brought them in. So my evening/Tomorrow was saved but still I was not fit for polite society for a couple hours.

Have you considered contacting the postmaster? I had to call once because we had one who constantly not delivering mail, or like you, sticking it in different mail slots (we have those individual mail boxes at the end of the street that several houses use). We'd go days without any mail then our box would be stuffed with all kinds of stuff. Our mail boxes are pretty small.

I think we are going to have to. It got bad around Christmas and has not improved since.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 2 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-03-2018, 01:14 AM
If Defacto was beheaded in front of me this second, my only concern would be whether I could get the blood out of my carpet without much trouble.

Subhuman scum has the gall to scream at me to "shut up" because I told one of the cats off. Why is this so enraging to me?

Because HE is the one who SCREAMS FULL FUCKING TILT at the dog for not sitting down and doing nothing for 24 hours a day, 7 days a fucking week. The one who pollutes the house, neigh, neighbourhood, with "music" and "sports" at such volumes I'm surprised his ears aren't in a perpetual state of fucking bloodloss.

With every passing day, I somehow grow more and more tired of his shit. Makes it worse that he's gone full fucking Block Warden in advance of the oncoming house inspection. Again. Literally inventing problems in his mind. Hello carpet stains nobody noticed but him. Oh, magical mould nobody saw when Mum checked off the bathroom two hours ago. The house isn't going to be personally visited by the Fuhrer you cockweasel.

Inspections are to make sure we haven't gone and added additional wall ventilation or started a hydroponics project, you paranoid simp. We've been tenants in this dump for six goddamn years and remained in good standing the entire time! The fuck is going to happen if we have one molecule of dust on the floor?

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-03-2018, 01:36 AM
Laugh out load I learned some new words. Sorry you're going through shit FT, but that was funny as fuck.

Cockweasel. I'm definitely saving that for later Big Grin

ETA: How're things going with the exercise bike? Nag nag...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
20-03-2018, 02:13 AM
(20-03-2018 01:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  Laugh out load I learned some new words. Sorry you're going through shit FT, but that was funny as fuck.

Cockweasel. I'm definitely saving that for later Big Grin

ETA: How're things going with the exercise bike? Nag nag...

I've been down with a bug that wiped me out, so i haven't touched it in about three weeks. I'll be totally wiped out tomorrow. Long day of practicals. I'll try to start back again on Friday.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
20-03-2018, 10:09 PM
Why do nights have to go by so quickly? Sad

20-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Can I retire already? Jesus. Dodgy

20-03-2018, 11:28 PM
Fml I’ve been sneezing all night.

Allergies just suck.

Benedyl and hopefully sleep should follow.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces